Through this article you will get to know about the different uses of almond oil for hair. Almonds are delicious and one of the most loved superfoods. Although, most of the people mistake almonds as nuts, but technically they are just the seeds of the almond tree which are contained within the fruits. Almonds are found in two varieties –bitter and sweet. Usually, sweet almonds are edible, whereas bitter almonds are used to prepare almond oil. Both these varieties are available easily in the market.
You can simply eat almonds as they are or you can soak them in water overnight. Eat them the next morning. Almond is also available as almond flour, almond milk and almond butter. Almonds not only taste good, they also have many health benefits. They are loaded with high quality Vitamin E, Protein, Magnesium, Fiber and essential Amino Acids. Almonds also contain Copper, Vitamin B, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus and healthy fats. Remember, almonds are rich in monounsaturated fats and calories, so you must not eat them in excess amount.
The health benefits of almond oil are vast. From constipation to cancer and from hair to bone, almond oil can keep you healthy in many ways. Almond oil is extensively used for various skin ailments as well. It is also very beneficial for hair related issues. Some of the uses of almond oil for hair are discussed below.
Uses of Almond Oil for Hair
1.) Almond Oil for Naturally Long And Healthy Hair
Almond oil is an excellent source of magnesium. Magnesium is widely used in a variety of hair related products. Lack of magnesium can result in a heavy hair loss. Applying almond oil once or twice a week can be very helpful in treating such problem. Regular application will help enhance the hair quality. It will make your hair long and nourish them.
- Take a few drops of almond oil and massage your scalp, hair and tips.
- After massaging, leave for a few minutes.
- Then, take some hot water and soak a towel in it.
- Cover your hair with this soaked towel.
- Wrapping your hair with a towel will help in better absorption of the oil.
- Keep it for several minutes.
- Repeat this process 1 or 2 times in a week.
2.) Almond Oil as a Shine Enhancers and Leave-In Conditioners
Almond oil is quite light in texture and can be an excellent substitute for your shine enhancers or leave-in conditioners for hair. Almond oil is known to have high moisturizing properties because of the essential fatty acids present in it. Therefore, it is ideal for those who have dry hair.
- Take an adequate amount of almond oil and massage your scalp hair and ends with it.
- Leave it on for several minutes before you shampoo.
- After a few weeks you can notice the desired result.
- Follow this process 2-3 times a week for several weeks.
- Also, you can add a few drops of almond oil in your shine enhancers or leave in conditioners.
3.) Almond Oil Helps Reduce Scalp Inflammation
Every now and then our scalp is exposed to heat, dust, pollution and chemical styling products. Such environmental effects and products can cause inflammation in your and scalp. Neglecting these factors can cause dandruff, scalp infections and can even weaken hair. Regular application of almond oil on the scalp can help help reduce the inflammation. Being rich in content of fatty acids, almond oil helps moisturize and softens the scalp tissues. It helps promote the blood circulation in the scalp. This also helps in reducing the chances of dandruff, scalp infection.
- Apply a small amount of almond oil daily to prevent it from the wear and tear caused due to environmental factors or chemical products.
- Avoid using chemical styling products as much as you can.
- And, cover your hair when going out.
4.) Almond Oil Make Hair Shiny And Soft
Almond oil can also be a great idea for making your hair soft, shiny, and silky. The nutrients present in almond oil help maintain the health of the hair by making up for the damage caused due to environment and cosmetic used. Here is the method for application.
- Take mashed avocado and mix it with an adequate amount of almond oil.
- Apply this mixture onto the hair as a hair mask.
- Let it sit for around 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with your regular shampoo.
- This hair mask will make your hair shinier and softer.
- Alternatively, you can create a thick paste with water and herbal henna powder.
- Mix both ingredient and leave it overnight.
- Next day, add an egg and 3 tbsp of almond oil into the mixture. Mix well.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it on for 1 hour.
- Finally, wash it off with water.
- Pat your dry with a towel.
- If you don’t like the smell of the egg, add a few drops of lavender oil in the mixture.
- Apply almond oil to your scalp and leave it overnight before shampooing your hair again.
- This will make your hair silky with a hint of red.
- It is advised to follow this process on the weekend as it takes a lot of time to complete.
5.) Almond Oil for Hair Loss and Stimulating Hair Growth
One of the common problems related to hair is hair fall. Massaging of sweet almond oil on the scalp may help promote hair growth effectively. It may also help to prevent hair loss. Massaging the scalp with sweet almond oil provides strengthening qualities of Vitamins and Magnesium at the root of hair. It will also help against excessive breakage.
- Massage your hair daily with sweet almond oil.
- With regular use of almond oil, you can see the desired result within a few weeks.
6.) Almond Oil Strengthens and Repairs Split Ends
Almond oil is known to have Vitamin A, B and E along with Omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids. All these nutrients help in making your hair healthy and strong. It prevents your hair against breakage. Almond oil also has natural moisture sealing qualities which helps replenish hair and also prevent split ends by maintaining the moisture level in hair for longer duration.
7.) Almond Oil for Hair Dandruff
Apart from strengthening and repairing, almond oil also works efficiently in getting rid of dandruff by removing dead cells. It also help prevent itchy scalp caused due to dandruff. Here is the method.
- Take some amount of mashed gooseberry and mix it well with almond oil.
- Apply the mixture on the hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, Wash your hair with an anti dandruff shampoo.
- Regular application will help soothe the scalp and make your head dandruff-free.
8.) Almond Oil for Hair Reduces itchiness
As almond oil is known to have amazing anti-inflammatory properties, it is highly suggested to apply almond oil to people suffering from skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. Almond oil application helps get rid of dead skin cells from the epidermis of your skin and reduces irritating rashes. A Zinc component present in this oil can help you to treat torn and racked skin portions.
- Simply massage almond oil daily to your scalp.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off.
9.) Almond Oil for Hair as a Moisture Mask
You can use almond oil to make a moisture mask as well. It is very easy to prepare and is safe, inexpensive and very effective in maintaining a healthy scalp and hair.
- Take 2 tbsp of organic almond oil, 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp of raw honey and 2 drops of pure tea tree oil. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel to keep the mixture from dripping.
- Remember, apply the mixture to towel dried hair and double the mixture if you have long hair.
10.) Selecting of Almond Oil for Hair
Before using any of the remedies mentioned above, keep the following things in mind.
- Always purchase certified organic almond oil.
- Make sure to read the labels of these products to know that the bottle is fresh.
- Check the ingredients to make sure that you are purchasing a genuine product.
- Genuine, 100% almond oil is slightly thick as compared to other cheaper products.
- You can keep your almond oil for up to a year.
- Result of above suggested remedies may very from person to person.