In this article we will discuss about the benefits and uses of Avocado oil for hair. Avocado is one of the best items in the list of the healthiest natural ingredients in all over the world. Avocado helps maintain cholesterol level, maintains blood pressure, treats obesity and prevent you against stroke and many heart related disease.
Avocado is a pear-shaped fruit which also ranks high when it is about skin and hair benefits. Many of the natural skin care products have avocado oil as one of the major ingredients. Avocado is loaded with lots of Potassium, Proteins, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C, Folate, Fiber, Magnesium, Iron, Copper and Phosphorus. It also has polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, like omega-3 fatty acids. Thereby, it has excellent antioxidant and moisturizing properties. You can eat as well as apply this amazing green fruit to improve your beauty. The healthy fatty acids, Vitamins and antioxidants can enhance your skin from the inside out. Apart from skin benefits, Avocado is equally beneficial for many hair related issues. It not only nourishes hair internally, but also provides benefits externally. Some of the uses of Avocado oil for hair are discussed below.
Benefits and Uses of Avocado Oil for Hair
- Benefits and Uses of Avocado Oil for Hair
- 1.) Avocado Oil for Hair Growth
- 2.) Avocado Oil for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment
- 3.) Avocado Oil to Moisturize Your Scalp
- 4.) Avocado Oil to Massage the Edges of Hair
- 5.) Avocado Oil as a Carrier Oil
- 6.) Avocado Oil Replenishes the Hair with Vitamins
- 7.) Avocado Oil Helps Prevent Hair Loss
- 8.) Avocado Oil to Moisturize Your Hair
- 9.) Avocado Oil Helps Condition Your Hair
- 10.) Avocado Oil for Hair Helps Treat Dandruff
1.) Avocado Oil for Hair Growth
Avocado is a highly effective ingredient to enhance hair growth. Avocado oil is packed with great amount of essential fatty acids, proteins, magnesium, folic acid and numerous vitamins which nourish your hair and promote growth. It also contains fine hair-softening properties.
- Take 2 tbsp of avocado oil and mix with 2 to 3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and massage the scalp gently with your fingertips.
- Massage for 5-10 minutes and Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash your hair as usual with your regular shampoo.
- Continue this hair growth remedy 2 or 3 times a week for several months.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a hair mask using avocado.
- Simply take 1 mashed ripe avocado and mix it with 1 egg and 1 tbsp each of jojoba oil and yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on your damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for about 1 hour.
- After an hour, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this hair mask 1 or 2 times a week.
2.) Avocado Oil for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment
If you have damaged and dry hair, avocado can help store its health and beauty back. The healthy fats, Protein and Vitamins present in avocado help moisturize dry hair shafts and enhance hair growth. It also helps soothe frizzy and unmanageable hair.
- Take 1 tsp each of wheat-germ oil and jojoba oil and mix it with 1 tsp of avocado oil.
- Apply the mixture on your damp hair. Apply it from the roots to the tips.
- Wear a shower cap for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Later, was your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Instead of avocado oil you can also use pulp of a ripe avocado.
- Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
3.) Avocado Oil to Moisturize Your Scalp
Avocado oil is an excellent oil for moisturizing your scalp. This oil is nothing like the other oils that leave a greasy layer on the surface of your skin. Avocado oil gets easily absorbed into the epidermis. Such fine abilities of avocado oil make it one of the useful remedy for moisturizing a dry scalp and hair.
- Take an adequate amount of avocado oil on your palm.
- Apply this oil on your scalp and massage for several minutes.
- Leave it on for a few minutes before washing it with regular shampoo.
- Alternatively, you can mix the oil with your store-bought moisturizing product for added benefits.
4.) Avocado Oil to Massage the Edges of Hair
If you are looking for a good massage oil for your edges, avocado oil is the recommend oil. Although, Jojoba oil is considered ideal, but it is relatively quite expensive. So, avocado oil is a perfect substitute. Plus, as said avocado oil easily penetrates the skin without forming a greasy film. It is not as comedogenic as compared to coconut oil. This means less chance of forehead acne.
- Simply massage your hair edges with avocado oil regularly.
- Follow this process daily to see the best results.
5.) Avocado Oil as a Carrier Oil
Avocado oil penetrates deep into the skin fairly easily as compared to some oils, like almond or olive. It is also fairly low on the comedogenic scale which means it is not as clogging as some other oils like coconut oil, for example. Due to such fine qualities, it can be a great carrier oil for your essential oils. So next time you search for some carrier oil to dilute your essential oil, remember Avocado oil.
6.) Avocado Oil Replenishes the Hair with Vitamins
As discussed above, Avocado oil is loaded with Vitamins, which are very useful for the overall growth and development of the hair. The avocado fruit from which the oil extracted, boasts a plenty of Vitamins. Out of them, Vitamin B and E are the two that help enhance the cellular level and strengthen the hair . Vitamin B is essential for hair growth whereas Vitamin E helps revitalize the scalp. If not dealt timely, a damaged scalp can slow down hair growth.
- Regular massage with avocado oil will help maintain the level of Vitamins in your scalp.
- Also, to get most of the Vitamins from avocado oil, you can mix it with your conditioner.
7.) Avocado Oil Helps Prevent Hair Loss
Loss of hair is mainly caused due to lack of Vitamins or external stress or damage to the hair. Also, hair loss is caused due to over exposing the hair to severe heat or cold treatment. The chemicals which you use on your hair can also be responsible for hair loss. Because of its high concentration of essential Vitamins, using avocado oil for hair is an excellent way to keep most of your hair intact.
- You can use the avocado oil with your conditioner or mask.
- It will only enhance the condition of your hair but also prevent hair loss.
8.) Avocado Oil to Moisturize Your Hair
Avocado oil can be quite helpful for your hair if used alongside a moisturizer. It helps your hair to retain its moisture content, thus preventing from hair break. To get the desired results follow the below direction.
- Take 1 tsp of avocado oil and mix with 1 beaten egg.
- Add 1 tsp of olive or rosemary oil to it.
- Apply this mixture on the hair. Start with the scalp and massage to the hair ends.
- Leave the mask on the hair for around 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- Shampoo normally.
9.) Avocado Oil Helps Condition Your Hair
Avocado oil can also help enhance the condition of your hair if it feels elastic and very soft. Avocado oil has a high fat content which helps improve the hair’s texture. It makes your hair less prone to breakage by strengthening.
- Wash your hair with normal shampoo.
- After that, apply the avocado conditioner and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with warm water.
- You can make an avocado conditioner by adding mashed avocado to olive oil.
- Mix them well to make a paste.
10.) Avocado Oil for Hair Helps Treat Dandruff
If you have been looking for remedies to get rid of dandruff, you are in the right place. As with the help of avocado oil for hair, you can treat dandruff problem quite easily. Apart from treating dandruff, the avocado oil can also be used for treating blemishes on the scalp caused due to psoriasis and eczema.
- Take an adequate amount of avocado oil on your palm.
- Massage the oil onto your scalp in a circular motion to promote the absorption rate.