Are you noticing the white flakes all around your shoulders and clothes? Is it increasing in amount day by day or becoming chronic? Do you feel the extreme urgency of scratching your scalp? If yes, then you need to take this condition seriously. It is the sign of chronic dandruff that can make your life hell. You should not avoid such conditions indeed you must take them sincerely if you want to cure chronic dandruff.
What is the Cause of Chronic Dandruff?
The basic reason behind the formation of chronic dandruff is scalp infection. It is a severe problem that should be treated sincerely. If not treated properly, then it may turn into a critical problem like dermatitis. Chronic dandruff not only causes intense itching, but it may also lead to scalp acne if not treated properly.
Symptoms of Chronic Dandruff:
You will notice various symptoms if you have chronic dandruff. Some of the symptoms of chronic dandruff are as follow:
- You will notice the flakes of skin that range from smaller to the larger size. These flakes can be greasy. They can be of any color like white or yellow.
- You will experience the itchy flakes on the eyebrows, scalp, ears, nose or around the hairline.
- You can easily notice chronic dandruff by noticing flakes of skin on the clothes.
Ways to Cure Chronic Dandruff:
1.) Apply Indian Lilac to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Indian Lilac is also termed as neem. It is a very common plant that you can find in India. You can even purchase Indian Lilac plant seeds from online sites or you may simply grow this plant in your garden. You may also buy seeds of this plant from any organic store. Indian Lilac contains various health benefits. Lilac leaf is also known as wonder leaf as it contains antifungal and antibacterial properties that can easily treat the problem of dandruff. To use this natural treatment, follow these steps:
- Pour four cups of water in a container. Now, boil a handful of Indian Lilac leaves in it.
- Leave it for few minutes to cool down and then strain this solution.
- Rinse your hair using this solution 2-3 times in a week to get rid of chronic dandruff.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Apple Cider Vinegar is the most important ingredient for hair scalp treatment. It helps in restoring the pH balance of the scalp. It also helps in restraining the growth of yeast. It is a natural hair clarifier that helps a lot in cleaning the clogged pores and hair follicles. To use this natural treatment, follow these steps:
- Take two teaspoons of water in a bowl and add an equal amount of apple cider vinegar in it.
- After diluting, mix 15-20 drops of tea tree oil in this solution.
- Mix it well and massage your scalp using this solution.
- Leave it on your scalp for few minutes and then rinse your hair.
- Use this natural treatment 2-3 times in a week to get rid of chronic dandruff.
3.) Massage Your Hair with Warm Olive Oil
Dandruff causes dryness on your scalp. Therefore, it is really important to treat your hair with an essential oil like olive oil that can cure chronic dandruff as well as dryness of your hair. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Heat little amount of extra virgin olive oil. Heat it till it becomes slightly warm.
- Now, massage your scalp using this warm olive oil.
- After this, wrap your hair in a warm towel.
- Leave it on your head for about 45 minutes.
- At last, just wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
4.) Use White Vinegar to Cure Chronic Dandruff
White vinegar contains acetic acid in it that inhibits the growth of fungi on your hair scalp. It also provides great relief in itching. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take 2 cups of water and add one and a half cups of white vinegar in it.
- Mix it well and use this mixture to rinse your hair after shampooing.
5.) Use Ginger and Beetroot Paste to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Ginger and beetroot can do wonders on your scalp. It is a great way to treat chronic dandruff. Ginger is rich in antifungal properties that help in the growth of dandruff. All you need to do is to grind ginger and beetroot and apply its paste on your hair scalp. Leave it overnight and wash it off next day using a good quality of shampoo.
6.) Aloe Vera to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Aloe Vera gel is not only beneficial in curing skin-related problems, but it can also cure various hair problems like chronic dandruff. It contains various properties like antifungal and cooling properties that help in preventing chronic dandruff. Aloe Vera provides a great relief in itching. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take Aloe Vera leaf and extract gel from it.
- You may also add few drops of lemon in this solution.
- Now, apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for a few minutes.
- After this, just wash your hair using a mild shampoo and conditioner to get rid of chronic dandruff.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times in a week and notice the difference in your hairs.
7.) Apply Baking Soda to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Baking soda is a mild exfoliant, it can absorb excessive oil and remove dead skin cells from your scalp. It even restores a pH balance of your scalp. It can also be used to reduce the growth of fungi causing dandruff. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Make your hair wet with water and rub baking soda on it.
- After few minutes, wash your hair with warm water.
- Use this remedy 1-2 times in a week to cure chronic dandruff.
8.) Apply Lemon Juice to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Lemon juice helps in treating itching caused due to chronic dandruff. It is a great exfoliant that even helps in getting rid of fungi causing chronic dandruff. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a 1-1/4th cup of plain yogurt in a bowl and mix half lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and apply this mixture on your hair scalp. Leave it on your hair for 5-10 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- You may even add lemon in a little amount of water. Now, soak cotton in this solution and apply it on your scalp. It is a great way to get rid of chronic dandruff.
- Use this remedy 3-4 times in a week to cure chronic dandruff.
9.) Use Fuller’s Earth to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Fuller’s Earth is not only beneficial for your skin, but it may even treat the problem like dandruff easily. It can do miracles on your hair scalp. It contains great cooling property that helps in providing great relief in itching caused due to dandruff. It also helps in removing excessive oil from your scalp. Just mix two teaspoons of fuller’s earth with water and prepare a paste. Now, rinse your hair using this paste to get rid of chronic dandruff naturally.
10.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Tea tree oil contains great antifungal properties that make it an amazing natural treatment to cure chronic dandruff. All you need to add this oil to your shampoo and wash your hairs using that shampoo to get rid of chronic dandruff. You may even add tea tree oil with other carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Massage your hair using this mixture of oil and leave it overnight. Next morning, just wash your hair using a mild shampoo to treat chronic dandruff.
11.) Fenugreek Seeds Mask
Fenugreek seeds mask can prevent chronic dandruff. It can do miracles on your scalp. To prepare this mask, just soak the handful of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Next morning, prepare a thick paste of these seeds by grinding them. Once the paste is prepared just apply it to your hair scalp. Leave it on your hair for 30 minutes. At last, wash the hair with a mild shampoo. Apply this remedy twice in a week to cure chronic dandruff.
12.) Aspirin to Cure Chronic Dandruff
Though aspirin is famous for treating headache but it may also treat the problem of dandruff effectively. Pure aspirin contains content of salicylic acid which is very helpful in treating chronic dandruff. This content is also used in various anti-dandruff shampoos. Salicylic acid contains anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties that make it a great remedy to treat chronic dandruff. Take two aspirin and crush it to get powder. Now, add this powder to shampoo and apply it on your hair. Leave it on hair for 2 minutes and then rinse your hair with water.