This article is about different ways to curl hair. Some women are born with curly hair and some have to go for a hair makeover to get curly hair. Curly hair makes anyone look fabulous. Well curling your hair is not an impossible task. There are many treatments which promise you curly and shiny hair. However, these are too expensive and does not give long-lasting effect as well. If you look around, then you will find many items such as hair rollers, braids, a flat iron, a curling iron and scrunching that can help you to curl your hair. After using these methods, you will get beautiful curls. Read the article to know about different ways to curl hair.
Ways to Curl Hair (Different Ways to Curl Hair):
- Ways to Curl Hair (Different Ways to Curl Hair):
1.) Curl Hair With Curling Iron
A curling iron is one of the easiest ways to curl your hair that too in no time and without any hassle. Before using the curling iron, you need to heat it up. Some curling iron has different settings due to which you can achieve the best results. However, keep the curling iron at the lowest temperature to prevent the hair from damage.
Steps to Use Curling Iron:
- Your hair should be completely dry.
- Before curling your hair, comb your hair to detangle them.
- Use heat protection spray to protect your hair from damage.
- Split your hair into small sections and start curling.
- Be cautious while using the curling iron, you may hurt yourself.
2.) Use Foam Roller to Curl Your Hair Fast
By using a foam roller, you can curl your hair easily. If you don’t know how to use it then read the following steps and you will know how a foam roller can help you to curl hair.
Steps to Use Foam Roller:
- Place the foam curler below one thick lock of hair.
- Now roll the foam curler tightly and start rolling the curler up from inside.
- When you reach the scalp by rolling the curler then secure your hair with bobbing pin.
- Repeat these steps with the other hair locks.
- Use smaller rollers on the front and side of the face and larger rollers at the back of your face. Now blow dry your hair and keep the curlers for few hours.
3.) Straightener to Curl Your Hair Fast
A straightener can not only straight your hair but can also curl them. All you have to do is use it according to your need.
Steps to Use Straightener to Get Curls:
- Before using the straightener spray heat protecting spray on hair so that your hair does not damage.
- Divide your hair into small 5 sections. Place the straightener on one section near the scalp.
- Now twist the straightener inside and start straightening by taking a U-turn.
- Start straightening the hair slowly till the end.
- Do the same with other sections. Then spray some hair spray on your curls. After that, you will get fabulous curls.
4.) Use T-Shirt to Curl Hair Without Heat
Using T-Shirt is one of the easiest ways to curl your hair without heat. Read the following steps to know how can you get curls with your T- shirt.
Steps to Use T-Shirt to Curl Hair:
- First wash and condition your hair. Then comb and dry your hair.
- Take a t-shirt which you are not using and cut it into long strips.
- You can also use a soft towel, paper bags or any other cloth.
- By using a comb, separate your hair into small sections.
- With the help of t-shirt strip, rolls your hair upwards towards the scalp.
- When you reach to the scalp then tie your hair with strip ends.
- Keep your hair with strips for few hours or you can keep it for the whole night.
- After few hours untie the strips and loose your hair. To get looser curls, comb your hair with the wide toothed comb.
5.) Headband for Vintage Curls Without Heat
If you want vintage curls, then use a headband to curl your hair.
Steps to Use Headband for Vintage Curls:
- First, shampoo and condition your hair.
- Take a soft elastic headband, wear it to your head and keep your hair out from the headband.
- Now wrap your hair around the headband in sections.
- Then with the help of hairpins, pin the ends as you go.
- In this way, wrap all the hair sections around the headband.
- Keep the hairband for the whole night and remove the headband in the morning.
- Now your straight hair turns into vintage curls. Spray light hair sprays to your hair.
6.) Braiding for Natural Waves
Braiding is the way by which you can get natural waves or curls.
Steps For Braiding to Get Curls:
- Wash your hair and comb out the tangles. Pat your hair dries with a soft towel.
- Part your hair into 2 sections and braid them into 2 sections.
- Tie with the rubber band.
- To get more natural look use your fingers to pull the braids to loosen them slightly.
- If you want tighter curls, then part your hair into 3 sections and braid each section.
- After keeping for several hours, remove the bands.
7.) Sock Bun for Voluminous Waves
A neat sock bun can also help to get you voluminous waves.
Steps to Use Sock Bun For Voluminous Waves:
- For this hair style, your hair should be dry and comb them to remove all the tangles.
- Take a sock and cut the toe part of the sock. Now roll the sock to make a donut shape.
- Make a ponytail at the top of your head.
- To set the waves, spray your ponytail with water.
- Wrap your hair over the sock and tuck the ends under it.
- It should be like a bun. Leave the bun overnight.
- Remove the sock in the morning.
- Now run your fingers through the hair to get the waves.
8.) Easy and Light Waves
If you want to avoid all the hassles, then the easiest way to curl hair is not to use anything. All you have to do is:
- Use water to wet your hair.
- Brush your hair properly.
- Separate your hair into 2 sections.
- Twist both the section into side buns tightly.
- Let them dry for the whole night.
- In the next morning, open the buns and you will get light waves.
Other Useful Tips to Get Curls:
- To get spiral curls, twist your hair before braiding it.
- Don’t use hairspray before curling as it can damage your hair.
- Try to curl your hair with stretchy foam sticks or rags. This method is also good to get bouncy curls.
- Don’t use too much hair spray as it can stiffen your hair.
- To get waves, put your hair in braids and then use a straightener and use it over your braid slowly.
- Don’t use a regular comb to comb your hair as it will ruin your curls. Use a wide tooth comb to comb your hair as it will maintain your curls.
- To get tighter curls, make small braids and then braid them together.
- After curling your hair, pin your curls. After that run your fingers through your hair.