In this article, we will tell you about how to get rid of damaged hair? Everybody loves his or her hair. Hair represents the personality of the person. So we adopt different hair styles and looks. When we use chemical treatment or take unhealthy diet our hair follicles and scalp gets swollen and oil glands does not work properly. Damaged hair means when hair are not smooth, shiny, have split ends and thin.
Remedies to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
1.) Lentils to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Lentils are a great source of protein and iron. Protein is necessary for cell growth, including hair cells. The protein, which helps to grow the hair is Keratin. Without keratin hair grows more slowly and become weaker. Iron present in vegetables and lentils is absorbed by the body slowly. The Iron found in animal products like fish, beef, pork, chicken is absorbed by body fast. Take a diet rich in vitamin C, because vitamin C helps to digest and absorb the vegetable iron.
2.) Spinach to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Spinach is a leafy vegetable and is good for your body for many reasons. Spinach contains Folate and Iron. Folate helps in the creation of red blood cells and it is a type of vitamin B. Iron helps in carrying the oxygen by the Red blood cells. Lack of iron in the body can cause anemia. The cells can’t get enough oxygen to function properly. This leads to damaged hair, hair loss, weakness. Take a diet rich in spinach. Make a paste of spinach and apply to your damaged hair. Rinse it off with warm water after 1 hour.
3.) Egg to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
The lost nutrients and moisture that has been worn-out from damaged hair. Egg yolk can provide it back as it contains protein, minerals and fatty acids. It also provides shine and smoothness. Infection is also removed by the egg yolk.
- Massage your hair, scalp with 1 egg yolk finely whisked. Leave it for 30 minutes, then rinse with normal water and mild shampoo.
- The other method of using egg yolk is by adding it to yogurt. Apply the mixture to your hair scalp and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with water and herbal soap or shampoo.
4.) Bell Peppers to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Bell peppers are a rich source of vitamin C. Red, yellow and green bell peppers are easily available in the market. They are a delicious source of vitamin C, which is necessary for the health of hair. The vitamin C form collagen that helps our body to hold everything together. Vitamin C deficiency leads to dry, rough hair. Collagen is needed by hair follicles and blood vessels to stay healthy for normal growth. Take a diet that is rich in bell peppers.
5.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Olive oil locks the moisture of hair. In damage hair it provides the smoothness, shine and nutrients back. It contains vitamin E, fatty acids, which heal the hair by providing moisture. It also protects the hair from getting more damage.
- Apply lukewarm oil to your scalp and hair roots. Massage regularly for 15 minutes. Leave it for at least an hour or for the whole night. Wash it with shampoo next morning.
- You can mix olive oil and honey to fine paste. Warm this paste and apply it to your hair. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse it out well with warm water and shampoo.
6.) Sweet Potatoes to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and vitamin A is essential for cell growth and hair. Vitamin A deficiency can lead to dry skin, dull and lifeless hair. Taking too much medicinal supplements of vitamin A can cause hair loss. Take natural vitamin A rich products like sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, pumpkin in your meal. Beta-carotene in foods is transformed to vitamin A in the body.
7.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Coconut Oil is rich in nutrients that are good for damaged hair. It goes deep into different layers of the hair, to prevent it from getting more damaged and heal the damaged hair.
- Massage your head, scalp every day, or at least 5 times a week, with warm coconut oil. Try to massage in such a way that oil goes deep into the hair roots. Wash after an hour with smooth shampoo.
- You can go for honey also, mix a teaspoon of honey in 3-4 tablespoons of warm coconut oil and apply on your hair. For best results apply at night.
8.) Seafood to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Seafood is a rich source of mineral zinc. It helps in getting rid of damaged hair. Mineral zinc helps with tissue growth and repair. It keeps the oil glands of hair scalps to work properly. Lack of mineral zinc in the body causes hair loss, slow growth and rough hair. A diet like oysters, crabs, liver, fish, prawns is helpful in keeping your hair damage free and gorgeous.
9.) Apple Vinegar to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Apple vinegar has properties of treating damaged hair. It is one of the best remedies for any kind of hair. Apple vinegar manages the pH of your scalp which destroys the damaged hair. It helps in getting rid of damaged hair.
- Take a warm glass of water mix 2 tablespoons apple vinegar and take it daily.
- The other way of using it is made a toner to apply to your hair roots and scalp. Mix the apple vinegar with water and spray every night on your hair before going to sleep.
10.) Pork to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Pork is rich in vitamins- B6 and vitamin B12. These vitamins help in getting rid of damaged hair. These vitamins also help to create red blood cells, which carry nutrients and oxygen to all body parts and body cells. Nutrients are important for hair, scalp and follicles. If proper vitamin is not received by the cells they cause slow growth, weak hair and hair loss. Take a diet rich in pork. Take pork in grilled manner or in roasted form.
11.) Banana for Damaged Hair
A fruit tasted by everyone. Almost every person in U.S likes this fruit. The reason is also there it is a good source of natural oil, potassium, vitamins. Damaged hair lost all their nutrients, vitamins, fluids. Banana helps in treating damaged hair and getting it back its shine.
- Crush 2 ripe bananas into thick paste in a bowl. Rub your scalp with the paste and wait for 1-2 hours, wash it off with mild hot water.
- The other way is having a banana every day at breakfast. Cut the banana into pieces in a bowl, add some honey in it for your breakfast.
12.) Avocado as a Remedy for Damaged Hair
The Avocado is a rich source of fat, proteins, vitamins, oils and acids. These ingredients help to deal with damaged hair in an effective manner. Avocado makes hair soft, hydrated, flexible and shiny. It also prevents damage to hair in the future.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Pour the oil and pulp of avocado in a bowl and mix it to fine paste. Apply it to your hair, leave it for the whole night and wash it next morning.
- The other way is, take a bowl, mash 1 ripe avocado and 1 egg yolk. Mix them to a fine paste and apply to your damage hair. Rest it for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
If you want to know more natural way to treat damaged hair, then you can read home remedies for damaged hair on our website.