In this article, we will discuss home remedies to get rid of dandruff fast and naturally. The Dandruff is described as any flake of the scalp. If the severity of dandruff is very high then it is termed as seborrheic dermatitis. Sometimes both the terms seem synonymous but they are different and their treatment is also different as well. One should not confuse with the both terms as they differ a lot. Skin cell growing and dying rate greatly affects the amount of dandruff in your hair. Home remedies for dandruff work on your scalp to reduce embarrassing dandruff or sometimes a serious burden on your head. You have probably tried much oil for your hair but still dandruff is there on your hair. Instead of many ingredients in the oil, you are using, dandruff still invaded your hair. The problem with your oil is that it does not get soaked up deeper in the scalp.
Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff:
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Dandruff
Aloe Vera is known to heal the minor burn, but it has got some more property that could be useful to get rid of dandruff. Skin cell growing and the dying rate greatly affects the amount of dandruff in your hair. If the rate of skin cell growth and death is too rapid, then it will lead to dandruff. Aloe Vera helps in restoring the process at normal speed. You can easily pPurchase a bottle of aloe Vera from any grocery store nearest to you.
- Apply the gel to the scalp for about 10-15 minutes properly.
- Leave the scalp for about 20 minutes without disturbing.
- Rinse your hair with normal shampoo, this will help you to get rid of dandruff effectively.
2.) Salt to Get Rid of Dandruff
No one has wondered that the common salt, which we see lying around, we could treat our hair dandruff. Well, you have heard correctly common salt or normal salt is very helpful to get rid of dandruff. Salt has property to remove excess oil and dead skin cell from the scalp. Salt clears the path for shampoo and conditioner to work on your scalp to reduce embarrassing dandruff or sometimes a serious burden on your head.
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of salt in a bowl.
- Apply the salt to your dry or slightly wet hair for 2 minutes thoroughly.
- Rinse your immediately after you are done.
3.) Fenugreek seeds to Get Rid of Dandruff
The fenugreek seeds have soothing and antifungal properties that can aid control dandruff to a great extent. Fenugreek seeds have a great composition of components rich in protein and amino acids that encourage healthy hair growth.
- Soak three or four fenugreek seeds in water and leave it for the whole night.
- Take out the fenugreek seeds from the water and make a paste by grinding it, in the next morning.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of unsweetened yogurt to the paste, mix it properly. This will add some extra benefits along with fenugreek seeds.
- Apply the mixer to your scalp properly and then leaves the hair for about an hour at least.
- Now, just rinse or wash your hair with normal shampoo, repeat the process once or twice in a week for better effect.
- You can increase the iteration depending upon your need by doing it thrice in a week.
4.) Wash Hair Daily to Treat Dandruff
The best and simplest way to get rid of dandruff is to wash hair regularly. Only washing the hair once in a week is not enough to treat dandruff, you should have to wash your hair regularly. If you can not wash the hair daily then wash on alternate days. You have to keep in mind that dandruff increases every day and also start collecting on the scalp. So, washing your hair at least on alternate days become mandatory to control dandruff naturally.
5.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
Almond oil is one of the most effective remedies for dandruff which adds an intense luster to your hair. Application of almond oil on hair eliminates the problem of dandruff fast and naturally. Almond oil has several important nutrients including mono fatty acids as well as vitamins A, D E, B1, B2, B6 and A. All these nutrients help you for healthy hair strands.
- Add almond oil and olive oil in a bowl.
- Massage your hair with the oil solution.
- Now, make a sugar solution and massage again with it.
- Rinse your hair after that with a shampoo and then again, rinse the hair with tea water at last.
6.) Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Dandruff
Mint leaves are an excellent remedy to cure dandruff. Mint leaves have antibacterial property that can cure skin problem especially dandruff and acne
- Take a cup of water in a bowl and then add a cup of apple cider vinegar into it.
- Bring it to boil, then add a few mint leaves, let the complete mixture boil for 2-3 minutes.
- After the boiling is completed, allow the mixture to get cool.
- Gently take the mixture on your finger and massage your scalp properly.
- After massage let it dry for sometimes and then just rinse the hair with water.
7.) Eggs to Get Rid of Dandruff
Eggs are highly beneficial for not only faster hair growth but also to get rid of dandruff naturally. Eggs are basically packed with essential protein and also contain sulfur, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and selenium.
- Make a paste of one egg with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
- Stir it well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste over your hair and then leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- Then rinse the hair with cool water and then shampoo it to remove the smell.
- Eggs are rich in protein, which helps the hair to get rid of dandruff faster and naturally.
- Eggs are also very rich in minerals like iodine, sulfur, zinc and phosphorous.
- Egg mask is not only beneficial to avoid dandruff, but it can also make your face glowing too.
8.) Wheat Germ Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
To treat dandruff naturally, wheat germ oil has great potential to do that. Wheat germ oil is a natural solution to restore lost moisture and possibly help prevent future damage to hair.
- Heat the wheat germ oil in a bowl so that it becomes warm.
- Massage your scalp with this warm oil properly. Cover your head with a clean towel for about 10-15 minutes.
- Do not forget to warm the towel by dipping it into warm water. Squeeze the excess water from the towel and wrap around your head.
- Rinse or wash your hair with normal water to get it off.
9.) Sandalwood Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
Sandalwood oil is an Ayurvedic treatment with loads of benefits without any side effect. It not only help you to fight with dandruff, but it also makes your hair stronger, longer and shinier.
- Mix sandalwood oil and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture properly for some time. Wash it off with tepid water.
- The massage will boost the circulation of blood, give strength to your hair roots and also improve your hair health.
10.) Indian Gooseberry Paste to Get Rid of Dandruff
Gooseberry is packed with vitamin C. The Indian gooseberry contains various vital nutrients that not only help in eliminating dandruff but also help you live a healthier life. The method of using gooseberry is quite easy.
- Make a paste using gooseberry powder with basil leaves and water.
- Then, rub your scalp with the paste properly and then leave the hair for half an hour.
- After that, just rinse your hair with plain water and condition or shampoo it.