This article will give you insight about, different remedies to get thicker hair. Thinning hair is a common problem among men and women. There are various factors which leads thinning of hair. Aging, stress, hormonal changes, lack of particular nutrient and environment are the main causes of hair fall and hair thinning. What may be the reason, there is a solution to every problem. Read more, to find out different remedies to get thicker hair.
Different Remedies to Get Thicker Hair:
1.) Watch Your Diet to Get Thicker Hair
Imbalanced diet is a common cause of all body related problems and hair fall as well. To get thicker hair, one should follow a healthy diet, that consist of appropriate amount of proteins, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. Vitamin B and proteins promote longer and thicker hair. Green leafy vegetables are a rich source of iron which boost hair growth. Apart from it, foods such as Greek yogurt (more proteins than regular yogurt), fruits, whole grains, nuts-legumes, poultry, eggs, milk, fatty fish, Indian gooseberries, and beans encourages healthy hairs. Your meal should include fresh juices, fruits, dry fruits, oats, broth, salad, pulses, cereals, oats and other healthy foods.
2.) Vitamins and Protein to Get Thicker Hair
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is the essential nutrient for hair growth and thicker hair. Include foods like carrot, mango, orange, papaya, sweet potatoes, lettuce, GLV, dried apricots, bell peppers, fish liver, and tropical fruits in your diet to get thick and long hairs. However, excess of vitamin A can result in hair fall. So mind the quantity intake.
- Vitamin B – Vitamin B regulates hemoglobin production in the blood. Hemoglobin carries oxygen. It also promotes blood circulation to the scalp and gives long and thick hair. Beans, fish, banana, potato are the rich source of the vitamin B.
- Vitamin E – It increases the blood circulation, which further accelerate hair growth. Tofu, soyabean oil, cereals, sunflower oil, almonds, hazelnuts, spinach, avocados, olive oil, cooked broccoli, pumpkin, pork, green peas, asparagus, cheese, eggs, sesame and sea foods are enriched with vitamin E. Moreover, regular head massage with Vitamin E oil will help you get thick hair naturally and fast. Alternatively, you can have vitamin E supplements as well.
- Protein – Our hair is made up of protein, known as keratin. So it is very important to consume food rich in proteins. It improves the hair condition and appearance. Also, it gives healthy, voluminous hair. To increase the protein intake, consume soya bean, tofu, eggs, kidney beans and other foods that are a rich source of protein. These foods stimulate hair growth and make your hair shiny, thicker and smooth as well.
3.) Essential Oil to Get Thicker Hair
Essential oil encourages healthy and thicker hair. There are several essential oils, each of them promotes healthy hair in a different way. For example, rosemary oil boosts healthy blood circulation. Jojoba oil moisturizes the scalp and keeps the dryness at the bay. Moreover, it repairs damaged hairs and improves the blood circulation as well. Whereas, lavender oil and cedarwood oil treats hair loss. Similarly, sage oil with apple cider also treats thinning of hair. The combination of all the above oils will work as wonder on your hair and give you thicker, dense and healthy strands.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of grape seeds, ½ tablespoon of jojoba oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of cedarwood and thyme oil.
- Massage your scalp with the infusion of this different essential oils.
- Leave it on for a night, and wash your hair with the mild shampoo, next morning.
4.) Hibiscus Mask to Get Thicker Hair
Hibiscus is an ideal remedy for hair loss, hair greying and hair thinning. There are plenty of hair masks available in the market in which hibiscus is used as the main ingredient. You can choose any of the hibiscus masks among them, or you can prepare hibiscus pack at home as well.
Home Made Hibiscus Mask:
- Take 6-8 curry leaves and hibiscus leaves. Crush the leafs into a thick powder.
- Add the little water in it, to make a thick paste.
- Apply any of the essential oil in your hairs.
- Then, cover your head with the hibiscus mask prepared before.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes. To enhance the result, wash your hairs with herbal shampoo, followed by conditioner.
5.) Peppercorn to Get Thicker Hair
Peppercorn is used since ancient times as ayurvedic medicine to treat hair related problems. It contains essential oils which hydrate the scalp naturally and gives lustrous, soft, improves texture and thick hair. For peppercorn hair mask, follow the following steps:
- In a bowl add 2 teaspoons of peppercorn, ½ cup of lime juice, clear water and a mild shampoo.
- Mix all the above-listed ingredients properly.
- Apply this mixture on your hair. Make sure that your roots and ends are well covered with this natural paste.
- After applying the mask, dip a soft towel in warm water and squeeze the extra water then cover your hair with the warm towel.
- Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then wash your hair with clean water.
- If the mask is not removed with clean water, then use the mild shampoo to remove it.
6.) Egg to Get Thicker Hair
The egg is a rich source of protein, and an ideal remedy to get stronger and thicker hairs. Consume boiled eggs at alternative days to get healthy hair. Or, you can prepare a hair mask with eggs at home.
- Mix 1 egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of essential oil and 2 tablespoons of transparent water. Mix them properly and gently massage the mixture on hair ad scalp. After an hour wash your hair.
- Alternatively, Take 2 eggs, beat them properly
- Simultaneously, spray water on your hair, to make them wet.
- Then, apply eggs on hair. Make sure every strand and roots are covered properly.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash your hair with warm water.
- Since eggs have a stinky smell, which is not removed with water only, so apply a mild or herbal shampoo to get rid of that smell.
7.) Avocado to Get Thicker Hair
Avocado is a rich source of vitamin E. It moisturizes the scalp and gives healthy hair shafts, which further increases the hair growth and add volume to hair. Regular consumption of this fruit gives silky, healthy and thicker hair. Alternatively, you can try your hands on homemade avocado hair mask.
- Mash an avocado and banana.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair and gently massage it for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave the mixture on hair for 30-40 minutes and then rinse your hair with the mild shampoo.
- Or, you can add 2 tablespoons of wheat germ oil in mashed avocado and apply it to your hair. Rinse it after 30 minutes with mild or herbal shampoo, followed by the mild conditioner. For thick and healthy hair, apply this mask once in a week.
8.) Honey to Hydrate the Hair
Honey nourishes every strand of hair by providing sufficient amount of minerals and vitamins. It works as a humectant to attract moisture and hydrates the hair. It keeps hair thinning, dryness and hair fall at the bay. Replace your sugar intake with honey and see the difference. It will not only give you healthy hair but glowing skin as well.
Hair Mask with Honey
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of dried sage, ½ tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil and ½ cup of water.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Gently massage the scalp with this mixture for 5-7 minutes
- Leave the mixture on hair for 30 minutes.
- Then, wash it with herbal or mild shampoo.
9.) Henna to Get Thicker Hair
Henna is also one of the effective remedies for hair thinning. It make your hair soft, less prone to breakage, thicker, shiny and darkens the original color. Try your hands on following henna hair masks:
- Grind 5-8 leaf of henna, add some water to it, to make a thick paste. Leave the paste for 2 hours, then apply it to every strand. Later, cover your hair with the shower cap. After 2-3 hours wash your hair with clear water and mild shampoo.
- Alternatively, Mix henna powder with green tea or plain water to get a thick paste. Leave the paste overnight. Next morning, add 2 tablespoons of juice and 2 eggs in the thick paste. Apply this paste on your hair. Leave it for 4-5 hours, till it dry. Then wash your hair with clear water and mild shampoo.
10.) Professional Ways to Get Thick Hair
Apart from trying your hands on household remedies to get thick hair, you can also try professional ways to get thick hairs.
- Laser Comb – The laser comb uses laser light therapy which nourishes the hair in 6-16 weeks and gives you dense and thicker hairs.
- Keratin Treatment – Regular keratin treatment gives you smooth and nourished hair. Moreover, it protects colored hair or chemically treated hair from external damages.
- Hair Growth Products- Over the counter hair products, regulates the blood circulation to hair follicles and accelerate hair growth, which eventually thickens the hair.
- Hair Extension – Last but not least, if any of the above remedies to get thicker hair does not give positive results, try hair extensions. It will add volume to your hair, making it look thicker. Make sure, the color of extension matches with your natural hair color.