If you do not find your regular shampoo effective anymore or it has damaged your tresses then switch to natural homemade detox shampoo. Like most of the shampoos available in the market, they do not contain chemicals. They are made of herbal products which are commonly found in the home Moreover, they fill in your budget. To get healthy and strong locks use homemade detox shampoos.
Various Homemade Detox Shampoos:
1.) Coconut Detox Shampoo
Well, we all are aware how much coconut is beneficial for our health and hair, don’t we know! It moisturise the scalp, tames unruly hair, treats dandruff and keeps the split ends at bay. For spare results combine other ingredients such as Aloe-Vera gel into it.
How to Make Coconut Detox Shampoo?
- In a bottle, mix 2-3 tablespoons of Aloe-Vera and 400 ml coconut milk. Your homemade coconut detox shampoo is ready.
- Use it like any other shampoo.
- Aloe-Vera treats dandruff. Plus, it will hydrate the scalp, giving you smooth and lustrous hair. Whereas coconut milk contains proteins that helps to restore the natural oil in the scalp.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Shampoo
ACV is another ingredient which is commonly used in the cosmetics and health products. It balances pH level in the scalp, seals hair cuticles which help you to get rid of hair loss. And, works as a natural conditioner.
How to Make a Detox shampoo with ACV?
- In a bowl add a tablespoon of ACV, fresh lemon juice, 25 ml olive oil and a beaten egg. Blend all the ingredients together to get a smooth mixture.
- Massage this homemade detox shampoo to your scalp, leave it on for a few hours and then rinse it off.
- This natural shampoo will clean the scalp and will give you soft and bouncy tresses.
3.) Honey Detox Shampoo
Honey is also one of the most common ingredient found in every household. Apart from health benefits, it gives you healthy scalp and hair. It moisturises the scalp and treats the frizzy tresses.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Honey?
- In a bowl mix water and raw honey in the ratio of 3:1.
- Heat this mixture for a while so that both the ingredients mix thoroughly. And keep it steering.
- Then add a few drop of lavender essential oil to it. Your home-made detox honey shampoo is ready to use.
- Massage this herbal shampoo on the wet hair for a few minutes and then rinse your tresses.
- This detox shampoo will strengthen and moisturise your hair.
4.) Baking Soda Detox Shampoo
When your regular shampoo ditches you, only baking soda comes handy. It helps you to get rid of certain chemicals deposited in the hair due to too much use of shampoos that have chemicals.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Baking Soda?
- In a cup of water add a tablespoon of baking soda. You can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice in it.
- Pour this mixture in the bottle to store it for future use. Don’t forget to shake the bottle before using it.
- Massage it over the shampoo and then rinse it off with an equal amount of ACV and water, to get healthy and silky hair like never before.
5.) Lemon and Cucumber Detox Shampoo
Cucumber has cooling properties, which helps your scalp to get rid of itching. It also nourishes your scalp. Lemon removes the dirt and gives you clean scalp.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Lemon and Cucumber?
- Peel a lemon and cucumber. Blend them together to get a smooth puree like consistency.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp, covering the tips of your tresses. Massage it for a while and then rinse, rinse, rinse!
- Apply this homemade shampoo regularly to get a healthy scalp.
6.) Clay and Aloe-Vera Detox Shampoo
Clay is used as a natural cleanser from ancient times and Aloe is well-known for its heeling properties. It moisturise the scalp, add shine, bounce and treats the frizzy tresses. Use bentonite clay as it sticks effectively and helps you to get rid of toxins and impurities.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Clay and Aloe-Vera?
- In a bowl mix bentonite clay, Aloe-Vera gel and ACV thoroughly.
- Apply this natural hair mask on the hair. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off with vinegar.
7.) Sea Salt’s Detox Shampoo
Sea salt cleanse the build-up of oil and dirt on the scalp. It exfoliates the scalp and provides you voluminous locks.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Sea Salt?
- Grind some sea salt and mix coconut milk into it, also, Add a mild shampoo as well in it.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and apply it on the scalp and hair. Leave it for a while and rinse it with normal water.
- Apply this shampoo regularly to protect your hair from the harsh environment.
8.) Cornstarch’s Detox Shampoo
Corn is a rich source of Vitamin C and lycopene. They are the potential antioxidants that help the tresses to fight back with the damage caused by the UV rays and the environmental conditions.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Cornstarch?
- In a bowl add a tablespoon of baking soda, corn starch and water. Stir it thoroughly to get a thick mixture.
- Massage this mixture in the scalp and hair. Then rinse your hair with the clear and transparent water.
- Regular application of this homemade detox shampoo will add volume to you hair.
9.) Avocado Detox Shampoo
Avocado is not only good for health but it is beneficial for hair as well. It nourishes the scalp and hydrates the scalp. Regular application and consumption of avocado will give you healthy skin and locks.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Avocado?
- Mash an avocado, add olive oil and some water in it. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this on the scalp, leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
10.) Apple Juice Detox Shampoo
Like an apple a day keeps a doctor away, similarly an apple juice in hair in a week gives you strong and healthy tresses.
How to Make Detox Shampoo with Apple?
- Mix 1/4 cup of distilled water, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 6 finely crushed garlic cloves and 3 tablespoons of fresh apple juice. Blend all the ingredients to get the thick mixture.
- Apply this natural detox shampoo on your hair. Leave it for a while and then rinse it off.
11.) Egg Detox Shampoo
Another ingredient that can prove to be excellent for hair is egg. It has proteins and all the essential nutrients which our hair require. For an effective result, you can add lemon juice, olive oil and baking soda in it.
How to Prepare a Detox Shampoo with Egg?
- In a bowl add an egg, lemon juice, olive oil and baking soda. Mix all these ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Leave it on for an hour and then rinse it off.
- If the foul smell of egg still remains then you can remove it with a mild or herbal shampoo. Or you can add the shampoo to the mixture itself as well.
12.) Gooseberry Detox Shampoo
Gooseberry is a rich source of Vitamin C. It treats almost all hair problems, right from dandruff, split ends, hair fall and dry scalp. To get the best results you can add acacia concinna to it.
How Make Gooseberry Shampoo
- Boil a cup of water. Add a few gooseberry and acacia concinna ti it.
- Leave it until the quantity is reduced to half and you get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp. Leave it until it dries completely.
- Then rinse it off with water.
- Alternatively, you can mix a powder of gooseberry and acacia concinna in a water to get a thick paste.