Everyone wishes to have long and strong hair with good volume and shine that enhances the natural beauty of a person. We are living in a world that is full with pollution that causes many to suffer with hair loss problem. There are many other reasons behind the hair loss like nutritional lack, dry scalp, excessive intake of alcohol and tobacco. Here this article recommends some of the best ways to use lemon juice for hair loss. Before mentioning the benefits of lemon juice and ways to use it effectively, let us know what actually causes hurdles in hair growth.
Dandruff and hair fall are the two major reasons behind hair loss problem. Unhealthy lifestyle, improper sleep, stress, unsafe water, hair styling products that are full with chemicals and harmful tools that produces heat. Reaction to certain medications are some of the other important factors that cause hair loss. Read the article that will give you all the important knowledge related to lemon juice for hair loss treatment.
How Lemon Juice for Hair Loss Works?
Lemon is one of the most commonly used fruits for citrus. This remarkable fruit is a rich source of Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Vitamin B and important minerals like magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. It provides numerous health and beauty benefits. Humankind has used lemon in a variety of ways from ancient times, like use of lemon for hair loss treatment. As the chemical property of lemon stop the dryness of hair and removes dandruff that prevent it from falling. Below are the reason how lemon juice helps in curing hair loss?
- Lemons are the best sources of vitamin C that help in making hair longer and stronger.
- Fresh lemon juice encourages hair growth by strengthening the hair follicles.
- Limonene, a component found in lemon juice gives a shiny look to frizzy and dry hair.
- The anti-fungal property of lemon juice removes dandruff that causes fungus and also eliminates other scalp infection.
- The acidic property of lemon cleans dust, dead cells and other harmful deposits from scalp and hair.
Benefits of Lemon Juice for Hair Loss:
Lemons are the nature’s gift that can be used in different ways for a variety of benefits. These wonderful natural citrus fruits are full with several nutrients, including vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, making them great for healthy hair, skin and body. Read below to know the benefits of lemon juice for hair loss.
- Scalp Exfoliation
- Natural Hair Straightening
- Treatment Of Dandruff
- Treating Oily Scalp
- Treating Itchy Scalp
- For Hair Growth
- Treating Split Ends
- Hair Lightening
- Treating Hair Loss
- Lice Treatment
- Thickening Hair
- Natural Conditioning
Ways to Use Lemon Juice for Hair Loss:
1.) Lemon Juice Hair Therapy for Hair Loss
Using lemon juice onto the scalp and hair directly is one of the best ways to use lemon juice for hair loss, it helps to clean dandruff from scalp, eventually, encouraging a healthy hair growth.
- Simply cut a fresh, juicy lemon into two pieces.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice from the lemon directly on scalp and hair.
- Give a gentle Massage to your scalp with the help of the squeezed lemon wedge.
- Allow the juice to rest on hair for 10 minutes.
- Wash hair with a shampoo.
- Follow the remedy twice a week.
2.) Lemon Juice Rinse for Hair Loss
Shampoo helps to removes dust, oil and other dirt particles from scalp and hair. Hence dirt is removed whatever you apply to the scalp reaches the inner layer of the hair. this will help to provide nutrition to hair’s root. After shampoo simply put lemon juice and rinse fully this will help you to clean hair and ensure healthy hairs.
- Squeeze juice of one fresh lemon in ¼ bucket filled with water.
- Use this water to rinse on your hair after shampooing.
3.) Lemon Oil, Castor Oil and Olive Oil
Lemon juice for hair loss is very effective and one of the best among all the way to get rid of hair loss problem. When lemon juice is mixed with castor oil and olive oil it is the most powerful remedy to treat hair loss. So just simply mix lemon juice with castor oil or olive oil. The essential fatty acids and vitamins in olive oil helps to nourish hair from the scalp to the root, and the castor oil helps to make your hair longer, thicker and stronger hair. Read below to know the right and effective way to apply lemon juice with castor oil and olive oil.
- In a bowl take 1 tbsp lukewarm olive oil and mix it with ½ tbsp warm castor oil.
- Add 3 drops of lemon oil to the bowl and stir it well.
- Apply the warm oil on the scalp and hair.
- Give a gentle massage for 5 to 10 minutes, you can also leave the oil overnight.
- Repeat the remedy at least twice a week.
4.) Lemon Oil, Coconut and Camphor Oil for Hair Loss
The anti-fungal and many good properties of these oils makes a strong anti-dandruff mixture that is useful for hair growth. It help to eliminate the dandruff problem which is the main reason behind the hair loss. The important effect of camphor gives relief from itchy scalp. Adding lemon juice for hair loss treatment can be used to make your hair grow and healthy. Coconut oil is well known to enhance the health of hair. Now read the effective way of using lemon juice with camphor and coconut oil.
- Take 2 tbsp coconut oil in a bowl and add 2 drops of lemon and camphor oil.
- Give a gentle massage, to your hair and scalp for 10 minutes and leave it overnight.
- The next morning wrap your hair with a towel soaked in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap towel and wash hair with herbal shampoo.
5.) Lemon Juice and Coconut Water for Hair Loss
Coconut is always been a best home remedy to grow hair. The natural goodness and minerals in fresh coconut water includes a property that nourishes both hair. This is one of the best ways to use lemon juice for hair loss. Read below to know the way to use coconut water with lemon juice.
- Take ¼ cup fresh coconut water in a bowl
- Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Apply the liquid on scalp and give a gentle massage for 10 minutes.
- Sit back and relax for 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the remedy once in a week.
6.) Lemon and Aloe Vera for Hair Loss
Aloe Vera has anti-fungal, ani-bacterail and moisturizing property that helps to clean the scalp, locks in natural moisture. It accelerates hair growth. You can use aloe vera in any form that is gel or juice. but for best result try to use fresh aloe vera gel with lemon juice for hair loss treatment. Read below the instruction to use lemon juice for hair loss.
- Take 2 tbsp fresh Aloe Vera gel from an aloe leaf and mix 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on scalp and hair with the help of brush.
- Give a gentle massage to your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Relax for 20 to 25 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
7.) Lemon Juice and Henna Pack for Hair Loss
Henna is one of the known home remedy which is used right from ancient time to treat hair loss. This pack works as a both like a natural hair conditioner and hair color as well. Henna pack keeps the scalp clean and protects against fungal infection. This is the best way to use lemon juice for hair loss. Read below to make lemon juice and henna pack.
- Take small cup natural henna powder, add 1 fresh lemon juice and enough yogurt to form a smooth paste.
- Mix it well to make a smooth hair pack.
- Keep it for an hour in a bowl
- Apply the pack on hair.
- Leave the pack until it gets dry
- If you don’t want to color your hair, wash it off after 30 minutes.
8.) Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Egg
This is the best solution you can make at home to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. It is a protein full and deep moisturizing hair mask that will make your hair thicker and grow faster. This is one of the best effective ways to use lemon juice for hair loss treatment. Read below to know the way to use lemon juice with olive oil and egg.
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl, add 1 tbsp olive oil and half lemon juice, stir it well.
- Apply this mask on hair and scalp.
- Allow the mask to dry.
- Wash your hair with water
- Repeat this for a week.
9.) Lemon Juice, Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil
Lemon when mixed with curry leaves and coconut oil become very beneficial for hair loss treatment. This mixture will help you to clean, nourish the scalp and also promotes hair growth. Curry leaves are a great remedy for thick and healthy hair. This is a very effective way to use lemon juice for hair loss treatment.
- Add 5 to 6 curry leaves, 1 tbsp coconut oil and half lemon juice in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on scalp and hair.
- Leave it overnight and wash the hair with herbal shampoo.
10.) Lemon Juice with Mustard Oil
Mustard oil encourages the hair growth and removes all the reason of hair loss if used regularly. It is very sticky, but it nourishes your hair and scalp. When it is mixed with lemon the energy is boosted and it works quite quickly to remove hair loss and hair related problems. Read below the steps to use lemon juice for hair loss with mustard oil.
- Take 3-4 tbsp of mustard oil in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Apply this yellowish white mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for an hour or 2.
- Rinse it off with water first and use herbal shampoo to remove stickiness of oil.
11.) Drink Lemon Juice
Since hair binds and engulfs the toxins which may lead the hair to get damaged over a certain period of time. Drinking or sipping lemon water each day, helps in eliminating those harmful toxins and triggers the hair to grow, also making them healthier and shiny.
- Simply squeeze half a lemon in a glass of warm water.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to make it more savoring.
- Have this drink twice a day.
- Repeat it regularly for a week or 10 days will help to get rid of hair loss.
12.) Lemony Hair Soak
Submerging your hair in the residue of lemon is another alternative remedy to get rid of hair loss. As the hair remains sheltered from the external bacteria and germs. The lemon soak helps an individual in getting away with the consolidated deposits that are present in shampoos. Lemon helps in extracting the unwanted oil from the scalp and also controls the amount of oil production for keeping the hair strong and healthy.
- Simply prepare a bucket of warm water.
- Squeeze a whole lemon in it.
- You can also use lemon oil as an alternative.
- Soak your hair in this mixture for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then wash off with plain warm water.
- Repeat the remedy until you get effective results.