After writing how to dye your hair?, how to remove dye from your hair? and how to make your hair blonder? now we are writing about cinnamon hair dye and how to use cinnamon to lighten hair? Most of the girls want to look like Hollywood divas as they have blonde hair. Some women are blessed with natural light hair. Those who have black hair and want to add burgundy or reddish color in their hair, then cinnamon is the best ingredient to opt for. Women use bleach, chemicals and go through various chemical treatments to lighten their hair, but these products tend to damage your hair by making them brittle and dry. The best way to lighten your hair is cinnamon hair lightening. Cinnamon has many health benefits and bleaching effects. Cinnamon is a great source of calcium, fiber, iron, and manganese. So, the point is how use cinnamon to lighten hair or how to make cinnamon hair dye? We are here to help you, cinnamon can be used with many household ingredients, which are mentioned in below article.
How Cinnamon Help to Lighten Hair?
Cinnamon is one of the most natural and safest options if you want a color change or want to lighten hair. Cinnamon contains a chemical called peroxide, which lightens the hair. This sweet smelling spice can do wonders for your hair. It is a common kitchen ingredient which is easily found on the shelves of supermarkets and stores. This aromatic spice not only lightens the hair but also makes them silkier, softer and shinier. The homemade mask of cinnamon also strengthens the hair follicles and accelerates the growth of hair. The vitamins and antioxidants in cinnamon are very beneficial for the health of the hair.
How to Use Cinnamon to Lighten Hair (Cinnamon Hair Dye):
1.) Honey and Cinnamon to Lighten Hair
Honey is a good lightning ingredient and the olive oil used in this remedy helps to keep hair from drying out. Cinnamon helps to boost the lightening effect of your hair. It is one of the best ways to lighten your hair without involving any harmful chemicals. Cinnamon contains peroxide, which is also good for your natural hair color. Read other uses of honey.
- Take 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon, 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 cup of raw honey and mix all ingredients well.
- Brush your hair first and then apply this mixture with the help of comb or brush your hair. Then wrap your hair in a plastic wrap or aluminium foil sheet.
- Leave the mixture for the whole night or at-least for 4-5 hours. Wash your hair with the normal water in morning to lighten your hair.
2.) Vinegar and Cinnamon to Lighten Hair
Vinegar has lightening and moisturizing effects, which help to lighten the hair. It makes the hair softer and silky. Vinegar restores the luster of hair by removing the buildup of other hair products. It is actually one of the conditioning ways to lighten your hair. People are making the use of vinegar for at least three months as it potent to lighten your natural hair color.
- Take 2 cups of distilled vinegar, 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Mix both the ingredients and you can add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil to it. Comb your hair first and apply this vinegar and cinnamon mixture to your hair, which you want to highlights.
- After applying this mixture, wrap your hair with a shower cap. Leave it overnight or for 4-5 hours and wash it off in the morning.
3.) Conditioner Cinnamon Hair Lightening
Cinnamon is one of the best home remedies for lightening your hair without involving any chemicals. It is a good hair lightening agent and even smells great. Who knew that this sweet and spicy ingredient from your kitchen can even lighten hair color. Also, it is a great source of calcium, iron, fiber, and magnesium.
- Take 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder and conditioner. Mix them and apply an even coat of this paste to your hair from top to bottom. Comb this paste to evenly spread on every single strand.
- Tie your hair up with clip. Use a shower cap to cover your hair and leave the mixture for the whole night. Shampoo your hair in the morning. You can use this mixture more than once to see highlights. Repeat the process until you get the desired results.
4.) Use Cinnamon With Beetroot
Beets are undoubtedly the best ingredient to be used in smoothies, salads, and people even include them in their daily beauty routine. It is also a rich source of iron, antioxidants, vitamin B, C, and folate. But, were you aware of its natural hair dying quality? Yes, beets can even be used to dye your hair and give a soft burgundy tone to your darker manes. It is eventually the best and safest way to naturally dye your hair without any chemicals involved. The Vitamin C present in beets acts as a bleaching agent on your hair.
- Take 2 beetroots, 1 cup deep conditioner and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Grind the beets and strain it to get a red liquid. Add this liquid to conditioner and also add cinnamon powder to make a mixture.
- After doing shampoo, apply this paste to your damp hair. Leave it for 3 to 4 hours and wrap a plastic cap to cover it. Keep it for the whole night to get a deeper color. After 3 to 4 applications of this paste, the color would be obvious.
5.) Cinnamon With Chamomile Will Help
Chamomile works well to enhance the beauty of blonde hair. It is a herb, which is good to lighten your hair. Rinsing your hair with chamomile tea tends to brighten up blonde hair and also potent to create natural highlights for darker hair. Use it as a final rinse for your hair after shampooing to get a sheen golden brown hair color. When used for a longer period of time it can even lighten up your hair color up to 2 tones.
- Prepare a chamomile tea and allow it to cool. Add 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder to it. Now, partition your hair and apply it to where you want highlights.
- Then let it dry in the sun rays. As the sun will help to naturally brighten the hair. You can directly wash your hair with chamomile tea.
6.) Baking Soda and Cinnamon to Lighten Hair
Lighten your hair with cinnamon and baking soda is a great option. Baking soda is a natural bleaching agent and thus helps to lighten your darker hair for a longer period of time. It is advised to use baking soda with some sought of moisturizing agents in order to avoid dryness of your hair.
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda, a little water and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder and mix them to make a paste. You can add 1 tbsp of olive oil to avoid dryness
- Massage or you can apply it to your hair. Keep it for few hours or overnight. Wash it off in the next morning to get blonde hair.
7.) Lemon and Cinnamon to Lighten Hair
Lemon juice also works great to blonde your hair, due to the presence of citric acids. Lemons are known to be a rich source of Vitamin C, which has proven natural bleaching effects for your hair and skin as well. Use it for a longer period of time to lighten your naturally darker. Remember to mix it with some natural hair moisturizers to avoid drying out of manes. Read here the benefits of lemon water.
- Take a quarter cup of warm water,1 cup of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder and combine them.
- Apply this lemon mixture to your hair and allow it to dry. After few hours wash your hair and you will get the best results.
8.) Henna and Cinnamon to Lighten Hair
Henna is a traditional hair lightening agent, which is being used for centuries and is even popular as an age old remedy. There are people who religiously make use of henna to condition and lighten their hair color. They even use it to dye their white strands. This is because it is the most effective and natural remedy to dye your manes without involving any chemicals. It can lighten the very dark or brown hair. Using henna is a great way to lighten your hair with cinnamon.
- Take 3 tbsp of henna powder and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Add it to a half cup of boiling water. Keep it for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Then apply this henna mixture to your hair and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours. Wash your hair and get a good hair style.
9.) Cinnamon And Egg Yolk to Lighten Hair
The natural acids in the yolk make it a perfect choice to lighten hair. The nutrients and proteins packed in the egg keep the hair healthy and shiny. Women with dry and damaged hair should definitely try this remedy. Whisk one egg yolk and add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Mix 3 tablespoons each of organic honey and cinnamon powder. Massage this mixture on your hair and cover it with a plastic cap. Rinse it off with any organic shampoo after one hour.
10.) Cinnamon and Kefir Hair Treatment
Most of the women in the middle Asin countries use kefir in their hair regime. Kefir is a fermented dairy product that contains proteins, vitamins, and enzymes that are beneficial for the hair. It prevents scalp dryness and locks the moisture in the hair. Kefir lightens the hair in the safest manner.
- In one cup of kefir, add 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice and leave the paste for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, apply this mixture evenly on your hair.
- Cover your head with a towel and leave it for at least one hour. Wash your hair with a normal shampoo or use a herbal infusion.
Other Different Ways to Lighten Your Hair
1.) Head Outdoor to Lighten Your Hair
The reason behind the golden and glowing skin in the summer, the sun. The sun gives you bleaching effect on the hair and gives you tanning also. You have to wait for the sunny day and then leave your hair down for the magic. Make sure, you have applied sunscreen so that you don’t get tanned in the process. The simple remedy is you need to go out and sit under the sun light.
2.) Go For a Swim to Lighten Your Hair
Swimming is the best way to lighten your hair. As the sun and the swimming outdoor often go hand in hand, but it’s hard to differentiate to done by each process. In this method, not only the sun rays lighten your hair but the chlorine, salt, and pools work to lift the colors of your hair. You can also go to the dive near by bay and your strand will be lighter in no time.
3.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Lighten Your Hair
hydrogen peroxide is not one of the natural dying techniques but it is one of the ways to lighten your hair at home without using so many products. For this method, you need to rinse your hair with hydrogen peroxide, leave it to sit for about 10-15 minutes before a second rinse with water. You can check this method by doing this process in the section of your hair to check the color change.
Other Useful Tips:
- Cinnamon works when you part your hair into 3 sections and apply it overall hair. For adding lightening benefits, wash your hair with chamomile tea bag or chamomile shampoo.
- You can also use hydrogen peroxide with cinnamon to lighten your hair. But be careful while using hydrogen peroxide as it can damage your hair.
- Use a conditioner with lemon and cinnamon as it will be easy to apply it. It also keeps your hair soft after washing it out.
- Mixing honey, olive oil, butter and lemon juice together to wash your hair will result in an amazing lighter shade.
- Add some almond, olive and coconut oil to the lemon solution and use it as a conditioner that will protect your hair from damage.