This article is about home remedies for oily hair. Here in this article we will discuss different methods that are used to get rid of oily hair. Oily hair is the over production of oil by our hair. Oily hairs make the hair stringy and fatty. The sebaceous glands are responsible for the production of oil in hair. Oily hair are not easy to handle and become a nuisance. It’s like other skin problems. Some are more prone to oily hair and some are less prone to them. Read this article to learn more about oily hair and some of the best home remedies for oily.
Types of Oily Hair:
Yes, your oily hair have types. They are basically of type:
- Oily scalp, root and hair.
- Oily scalp and roots, but dry hair.
Causes of the Oily Hair:
Knowing about the causes of something is very much important in order to learn about that particular problem. It gives you an idea that how did you gain something and how would you treat them well and which remedy would go best with the treatment. It also helps you take precautions so that you can avoid it as well.
- Genetics plays an important role towards the oily and greasy hair.
- If normal hair are treated without normal care, they can also lead to oily hair.
- If you do not clean your hair properly and on regular intervals then that also lead to oily hair.
Home Remedies for Oily Hair:
Here are some of the home remedies for oily hair that help you treat oily and greasy hair well at home. There are n numbers of home remedies that you might have even not noticed, but are lying next to your bed or in the kitchen or may be in the yard, that will help you treat your oily hair. Here are some of the home remedies for oily hair:
1.) Baking Soda to Cure Oily Hair
Baking soda is one of the finest home remedies for oily hair. It fights off the greasiness of hair. Clean your hair with it and get fluffy hair without going to the parlor. What you have to do is:
- Take a bucket and pour one liter water in it.
- Now add three tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- You can change the quantity as per your requirement.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Now wash your hair with shampoo.
- Do it thrice a week.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Oily Hair
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies for oily hair. It is easy to use and it has amazing results. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take one mug of water and add three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Now keep it aside and wash your hair with the normal shampoo you use.
- After washing your hair take the solution and apply it on the hair to rinse it.
- Wait for some time and wash it off with cool water.
- Do it thrice a week on regular breaks.
3.) Fuller’s Earth for Oily Hair Treatment
Fuller’s earth is a natural absorbent and thus stands out among all the home remedies for oily hair. It treats your scalp well and helps get rid of the oily hair. What you have to do is:
- Make a thick paste by adding some water to three tablespoons of fuller’s earth.
- Apply the paste nicely on the scalp and the skin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water.
- Do it once a week.
4.) Aloe-Vera to Treat Oily Hair
Aloe-Vera controls oil secretion and thus it is among the most excellent home remedies for oily hair. Apply it on your hair thoroughly and get rid of oily hair. How you can do it:
- Take one spoon of Aloe Vera gel and mix it with one teaspoon of lemon.
- Use it as a natural shampoo with the shampoo that you use normally.
- Wash your hair with the shampoo you use and allow the shampoo to remain in hair for some time.
- At that time, apply this home made shampoo and you get rid of the oily hair.
5.) Lemon for Oily Hair
Lemon is one the best home remedies for oily hair. It is a very good home remedy for your scalp and other hair problems. It helps balance the pH level of the scalp. You can use it following the given way:
- Take the juice from two lemons.
- Mix it with two cups of distilled water.
- Wash it with lukewarm water after leaving it for five minutes.
- Do it three times a week.
6.) Oatmeal Against Oily Hair
Oatmeal is one the nicest remedies for oily hair. It soaks oil from hair, as the oatmeal prepared has a thick consistency. It soaks oil from the scalp as well. Follow the steps to use oatmeal:
- Prepare oatmeal and allow it to cool.
- When it cools down, it becomes dense in consistency.
- Apply it on the hair and leave for some time.
- Wash it off with normal water.
7.) Egg White for Oily Hair
Egg white is one of the best home remedies for oily hair. It is known as a natural conditioner. It is good at battling the oily hair. What you have to do to use it is:
- Break an egg, take the egg white and discard the egg yolk.
- Now apply it on your hair for some time.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it with mild shampoo.
- Do it at least twice a week.
8.) Vodka as a Remedy for Oily Hair
Vodka is one the most amazing home remedies for oily hair. It maintains the pH level of the scalp. Use it as a rinse and get rid of oily hair. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take two cups of water and add one cup of vodka to it.
- Shampoo your hair properly.
- The solution will be used to rinse the hair.
- Apply the solution on the hair and allow it to settle for 10 minutes.
- Now wash it with with cold water.
- Repeat once a week.
9.) Egg Yolk for Oily Hair Treatment
We used egg white, now it’s time to use egg yolk. It is also one of the finest home remedies for oily hair. It also makes your hair look shiny. Follow the steps and absorb its qualities:
- Take two egg yolks and beat them properly.
- Add half lemon juice to it.
- Blend them nicely.
- Apply the mixture on your hair for five minutes and then wash it off.
- Follow it twice a week.
10.) Mint as a Remedy for Oily Hair
Mint is also among the most fantastic remedies for oily hair. It removes the greasiness of the hair and makes it completely oil free. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take a few leaves of mint.
- Boil two glasses of water in a pan.
- Add the leaves to the boiling water.
- Now strain the water and discard the leaves.
- Mix the solution with the shampoo you use and wash your hair.
11.) Avoid Over-brushing to Treat Oily Hair
It is better to avoid brushing your hair too much. When you keep brushing your hair, then the oil from the scalp reaches the tips of the hair in speed. Thus, your hair appear to be more oily. So, it is advised to avoid comb and use it only if necessary.
12.) Tomato Juice to Get rid of Oily Hair
Tomato juice can also be used as one of the most effective remedies for oily hair. You have to use it with shower cap to get the best results. What you have to do is:
- Take some tomato juice.
- Now take some fuller’s earth, according to the length of your hair.
- Mix the two well to make a fine pest.
- Now, when your paste is ready, apply it on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash off with normal water.
13.) Use Baby Powder to Get Rid of Oily Hair
You can also use baby powder in order to get rid of oily hair. What you have to do is just sprinkle some baby powder on your hair and allow it sit for 5 minutes. Powder will soak extra oil and you will have oil free hair. Now comb your hair properly.
14.) Stay Away from Serums to Get Oil Free Hair
It is very important to stay away from serums and conditioner to get oil free hair. When you have oily hair, using serums make it more oily. So, avoid serum completely. Use it only on special occasion and do not forget to wash your hair when the occasion is over.
15.) Drink Water to Cure Oily Hair
Drink as much water as you can in order to get rid of oil hair. This is one of the most amazing remedies fro oil hair. What you have to do is drink at least 3 liters of water a day. This way, your roots are nourished and you get healthy hair.