This article is about ways to prevent split ends. Ask a woman what she likes the most in herself. She won’t say it’s her eyes, skin, or anything else. Her answer will be her hair. Women love their hair for no reason or may be because of various reasons. You can not change the skin, eyes nails or anything else you are born with, but you can easily play with your hair. If your hair are thick and long then you need not worry for anything. You can go for any hair style or can change your looks as well. You can be stylish by straightening your hair, curling them and also coloring them. As every coin has two faces, styling also damages your hair. It makes them dry, rough and leads to the most prominent and irritating problem of hair, split ends. Your split ends compels you to cut your hair and thus your hair become short and you can no longer go for desired hairstyles. This article deals with the remedies that are used to prevent split ends. Go through to the article to learn about split ends and problems relate to it.
Causes of Split Ends:
- Straightening and Curling – Your hair are exposed to heat and thus your hair become rough and dry and develop split ends.
- Rebonding – When you go for rebonding. You hair exposed to numerous chemicals that causes your hair to develop split ends.
- Blow dryer – If you blow dry your hair regularly or very often, then also you develop split ends.
- Combing – When you do not brush your hair or comb them gently then also the chances of having split ends increases.
- Pollution – Pollution also causes split ends.
- Exposure to Sun – If your hair are more exposed to sun then you clearly have increased chances of split ends.
- Genetics – For some, it is genetic also.
- Warm Water – If you wash your hair with warm water then also you suffer with split ends.
- Over-washing – Over-washing also leads to split ends.
- Lack of Oil – If you do not oil your hair properly then also you develop split ends.
Methods to Prevent Split Ends:
Preventing split ends is a tougher job than getting rid of it. You have to take different precautions in order to stop developing split ends. You have split ends, you go to parlor, get a hair and you get rid of it. What next now? How to prevent them from coming next time? Now, how to prevent split ends? Follow the given methods for the purpose:
1.) Banana to Prevent Split Ends
Banana is one of best remedies to prevent split ends. Use banana and you not only prevent split ends, but also treat them. Use it with some honey and egg and you get smooth, silky and split ends free hair. Banana repairs the tip of your hair, honey moisturizes it and egg brings a shine to the hair. What you have to do is:
- Take one ripe banana, one egg and some honey.
- Now mash the banana in a bowl and add some honey to it.
- Now combine the three ingredients and mix them well.
- Also, add a little milk to it.
- Now, apply the prepared paste on your hair.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash it off.
- Apply it specially on the tips.
- Repeat it at least twice a week.
2.) Mayonnaise to Prevent Split Ends
Mayonnaise is another great remedy to treat you split ends and prevent them from coming back. It smoothens your hair and provides nourishment to them. Follow the steps to use it:
- Wet your hair and dry them using a towel.
- Now, take a cup of mayonnaise.
- Apply the mayonnaise on your hair.
- Leave it for around 20 minutes and wash them off now.
- Do it twice a week for best results.
3.) Egg Mask to Prevent Split Ends
Egg is rich in protein and essential acids that help combat the split ends. It makes your hair smooth, shiny and silky. Prepare a mask using almond oil and honey to get the desired results. Almond oil provides Vitamin E to your hair and honey moisturize them. Egg is also essential in order to repair your hair. What you have to do is:
- Beat one egg in a bowl.
- Add a few drops off almond oil to it.
- Now add some honey to it.
- Mix the ingredients well to a paste.
- Now apply it on your hair, focusing on tips.
- Leave for around 20 minutes and wash off your hair.
- You can do it once or twice a week.
4.) Beer to Prevent Split Ends
Does it sound interesting? Beer is also an essential ingredient use to prevent split ends. There are beer shampoos available in the market that you can use to prevent split ends. But, the better way is to use flat beer. Use it in the form of spray.
- Pour some flat bear in a bottle.
- After you shampoo your hair, spray it on your hair.
- Leave it for 2 minutes.
- Now rinse your hair with water.
- Do it once a week for the best results.
5.) Papaya to Prevent Split Ends
Papaya is one the best methods to prevent your hair from split ends. Use papaya by preparing a paste and you protect the split ends from coming back. It is rich in different vitamins and content that help you protect your hair from split ends. Follow the remedy for the purpose:
- Take a ripe papaya and mash it in a bowl.
- Now add some yogurt to it.
- Mash them well to make a fine paste.
- Now apply the paste on your hair, specially on the tip of your hair.
- Leave it for around 30 minutes and then wash it off.
6.) Honey to Prevent Split Ends
Honey moisturize you hair and acts as an impediment in the way of split ends. It nourished your hair and also brings a shine to your hair. Make a shampoo using honey for your hair and you prevent the splitting of your hair tips. Follow the remedy for the purpose:
- Take warm water, half a cup, and mix some honey in it.
- Now wash your hair properly using the regularly shampoo.
- Now, apply the honey shampoo on your hair to rinse.
- Leave it for a while and rinse you hair.
7.) Milk and Cream to Prevent Split Ends
Milk and cream together work amazingly at treating the split ends. Both the elements are really amazing at making your hair smooth and soft. Make a paste by combining the two ingredients together and use it to rinse your hair. Follow the steps:
- Take half cup of milk.
- Add two tablespoons of cream to it.
- Now mix them well.
- Wet you hair with water and apply the paste on it.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Now use your regular shampoo to wash your hair.
8.) Oil Your Hair to Prevent Split Ends
Oil your hair regularly to prevent split ends. You just have to massage your scalp and hair and the split ends will forget the door that opens to your hair. You can use any oil – almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Heat some oil.
- Now massage your scalp and hair with it.
- Leave it for 45 minutes and wash it off.
- Better option is to leave it overnight.
9.) Aloe Vera to Prevent Split Ends
Here comes the key remedy for many number of problems. You can use it to prevent split ends as well. It works as a shield for your hair and protects them from getting damaged. What you have to do is:
- Take a fleshy leaf from the Aloe Vera plant.
- Now extract the gel and apply it on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off now.
- Do it twice a week and your hair become split ends proof.
10.) Vitamin E to Prevent Split Ends
Vitamin E is beneficial for both skin and hair. You can also use Vitamin E capsules to prevent split ends. Just consuming them will not work. You will have to apply it directly on the tips.
- Extract the oil from Vitamin E capsule.
- Three capsules will be enough for the purpose.
- Now mix it in lukewarm water.
- Rub it on the tips of your hair and wash it.
Some Tips to Prevent Split Ends:
- Avoid coloring your hair.
- Cut down the use of straightener and curler.
- Allow your hair to dry naturally instead of using a blow dryer.
- Do not expose you hair directly to sun or pollution. Cover them with a scarf before going out.
- Do not wash you hair frequently. Maintain some gap.
- Do not use hard or warm water to wash hair.