In this article, we will talk about home remedies for damaged hair. Hair is very integral part of our body. They represent our personality. A good looking hair is always a priority. It is very important to take care of them. Sometimes we ignore them which result into damaged hair. Damaged hair means when your hair are not smooth, shiny, silky, not in shape, split ends and much more. To keep the damaged hair at bay, read home remedies for damaged hair.
Reasons of Damaged Hair
- Chemical Alteration
- Unhealthy Diet
- Heat Styling
- Weather Change
Symptoms of Damaged Hair
- Split Ends
- Colour Fade
- Swollen Hair
- Rough Texture
Home Remedies for Damaged Hair
- Home Remedies for Damaged Hair
- 1.) Coconut Oil to Treat Damaged Hair
- 2.) Banana for Damaged Hair
- 3.) Aloe -Vera to Cure Damaged Hair
- 4.) Avocado as a Remedy for Damaged Hair
- 5.) Olive Oil to Treat Damaged Hair
- 6.) Egg for Damaged Hair
- 7.) Tea to Avoid Damaged Hair
- 8.) Apple Vinegar to Cure Damaged Hair
- 9.) Honey for Damaged Hair
- 10.) Healthy Diet is a Necessity for Damaged Hair
- 11.) Pork to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
- 12.) Seafood to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
1.) Coconut Oil to Treat Damaged Hair
Coconut Oil is rich in nutrients that are good for damaged hair. It goes deep into different layers of the hair, to prevent it from getting more damaged and heal the damaged hair.
- Massage your head, scalp every day, or at least 5 times a week, with warm coconut oil. Try to massage in such a way that oil goes deep into the hair roots. Wash after an hour with smooth shampoo.
- You can go for honey also, mix a teaspoon of honey in 3-4 tablespoons of warm coconut oil and apply on your hair. For best results apply at night.
2.) Banana for Damaged Hair
A fruit liked by everyone. Almost every person in U.S likes this fruit. The reason is also there it is rich in natural oil, potassium, vitamins. Damaged hair lost all their nutrients, vitamins, fluids. Banana helps in healing damaged hair and getting it back in good shape.
- Crush 2 ripe bananas into fine paste in a bowl. Massage your scalp with the paste and allow it to rest for 1-2 hours, rinse it off with mild hot water.
- The other way is having a banana every day at breakfast. Cut the banana into pieces in a bowl, add some honey in it for your breakfast.
3.) Aloe -Vera to Cure Damaged Hair
It is a good herbal agent to repair damaged hair. It has properties to soothe the hair roots and split ends. It contains enzymes, vitamins C, amino acids for healing the damaged hair.
- Apply some juice of Aloe Vera on your hair scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Take some coconut oil, Aloe Vera gel in a bowl. Mix it well and apply to your damaged hair. Rest it for an hour and rinse it off with shampoo.
4.) Avocado as a Remedy for Damaged Hair
The Avocado contains fat, proteins, vitamins and oils. These ingredients help to heal damaged hair. Avocado makes hair soft, hydrated and flexible. It also prevents damage to hair in the future.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Pour the oil and pulp of avocado in a bowl and mix it to fine paste. Apply it to your hair, leave it for the whole night and wash it next morning.
- The other way is, take a bowl, mash 1 ripe avocado and 1 egg yolk. Mix them to a fine paste and apply to your damage hair. Rest it for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
5.) Olive Oil to Treat Damaged Hair
Olive oil locks the moisture of hair. In damage hair it provides the smoothness, shine and nutrients back. It contains vitamin E, fatty acids, which heal the hair by providing moisture. It also protects the hair from getting more damage.
- Apply lukewarm oil to your scalp and hair roots. Massage regularly for 15 minutes. Leave it for at least an hour or for the whole night. Wash it with shampoo next morning.
- You can mix olive oil and honey to fine paste. Warm this paste and apply it to your hair. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse it out well with warm water and shampoo.
6.) Egg for Damaged Hair
The lost nutrients and moisture that has been worn-out from damaged hair. Egg yolk can provide it back as it contains protein, minerals and fatty acids. It also provides shine and smoothness. Infection is also removed by the egg yolk.
- Massage your hair, scalp with 1 egg yolk finely whisked. Leave it for 30 minutes, then rinse with normal water and mild shampoo.
- The other method of using egg yolk is by adding it to yogurt. Apply the mixture to your hair scalp and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with water and herbal soap or shampoo.
7.) Tea to Avoid Damaged Hair
Tea is good for damaged and rough hair. Tea is rich in vitamins C and E, and provides shine and softness to damaged hair. It also heals the damage caused by UV rays. Tea is available in every home, there is no need to take medicine or go to a hair specialist initially when you have damaged hair.
- Boil 2 cup of water and add a black tea bag to it.
- Cover and boil it for 5 minutes.
- After taking bath use this mixture as a last rinse.
- Wash off with water and follow this 2 or 3 times a week.
8.) Apple Vinegar to Cure Damaged Hair
Apple vinegar has properties of treating damaged hair. It is one of the best remedies for damaged hair and other body ailments like stomach pain and joints pain. Apple vinegar manages the pH of your scalp which destroys the damaged hair.
- Take a warm glass of water mix 2 tablespoons apple vinegar and take it daily.
- The other way of using it is made a toner to apply to your hair roots and scalp. Mix the apple vinegar with water and spray every night on your hair before going to sleep.
9.) Honey for Damaged Hair
Honey is a good home remedy for damaged hair. It locks the moisture into hair layers and make them soft and silky. Honey is in use for centuries for this purpose only. It also removes infection and fungal problems.
- Mix half cup of honey with water to a paste.
- Apply to your hair and rest it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Take regular treatment for best results.
10.) Healthy Diet is a Necessity for Damaged Hair
Healthy diet is necessary for everyone. Take a diet rich in protein, which lower the effect of damaged hair. You can take eggs, fish, peanuts, and soy as they are rich in protein. There are people who cannot properly digest the proteins, which causes allergic problems. Take a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids as it will help to get back moisture of the hair. Fish, green leafy vegetables are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Healthy diet is essential for the overall body growth and is one of the greatest remedies for damaged hair.
11.) Pork to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Pork is a good source of vitamins- B6 and vitamin B12. It helps in getting rid of damaged hair. Vitamins also help to build Red blood cells, which carry oxygen and nutrients to all other body parts and body tissues. Nutrients are essential for hair, scalp, follicles and cells. If proper vitamin is not reached to the cells they cause slow growth, weak hair and hair starts to get damaged. Take a diet full of pork. Take pork in grilled manner or in roasted form. It is one of the tastiest remedies for damaged hair.
12.) Seafood to Get Rid of Damaged Hair
Seafood is a good source of mineral zinc. Zinc helps in getting rid of damaged hair. It helps with tissue growth and functioning. It makes the oil glands of hair scalps to work correctly. The deficiency of mineral zinc in the body leads to hair loss, slow growth and dry hair. A diet rich in oysters, crabs, liver, fish, prawns is important in keeping your hair damage free and gorgeous. Seafood is easy to prepare and is available in the nearby stores. It is one of the easiest home remedies for damaged hair to implement.