This article is about various home remedies for hair loss. We all battle with hair loss and hair fall problems. It is due to climatic change, hormonal change, stress or due to certain medicines. Moreover, daily our hair goes through harsh chemicals, pollution, sweat and dust which makes the hair root week and result in hair loss. If the hair loss is not treated timely it could lead to baldness. So it’s better to treat it before handily and what best can be than home remedies. Though they are many treatments and products which claim to treat hair loss in just a few days. However, they are infused with heavy chemicals which can further ruin our hair and thus natural remedies comes handy. Read more to know home remedies for hair loss.
Causes of Hair Loss
- Climatic changes
- Family history
- Hormonal changes
- Scalp infection
- Wrong eating pattern
- Nutritional deficiency
- Excessive use of chemicals on hair
Remedies to Treat Hair Loss:
1.) Head Massage to Treat Hair Loss
Head massage is the most effective remedy to treat hair loss and hair fall. It increases the blood flow to the hair follicles, nourishes the scalp and strengthens the hair root. Moreover, it is the best way to get rid of the stress. It relaxes your mind and makes you feel good instantly. All you have to do is choose a correct hair oil for yourself. It can be coconut oil, olive, almond oil or any other carrier oil. For best results you can add a few drops of essential oils such as lavender oil, rosemary oil or any other oil in your base oil and do the following steps.
- After mixing altogether base oil and essential oil, heat it for a minute.
- After heating let it cool at room temperature and then apply it on your scalp.
- With the help of your fingertips apply the oil on your scalp and massage it in the circular motion.
- Alternatively, heat a base oil, add a hibiscus flower, few leaves of Indian lilac, curry leaves, basil leaves, and fenugreek into it. Heat it for 5-7 minutes.
- After heating it, leave to cool at room temperature.
- Then strain the solution and massage it on your scalp.
- For deep conditioning, you can wrap hot towel onto your hair for 5-7 minutes.
- After 5-7 hours wash your hair.
- Do any of the above-given remedies once in a week to get rid of hair fall and hair loss.
2.) Fenugreek to Cure Hair Loss
You will find bucket full of ingredients in your kitchen that you can use to cure skin and hair related problems. One of them is fenugreek seeds. It is a readily available ingredient. It has hormone antecedents that promotes hair growth. It also contains nicotic acid and protein which is very beneficial for hair and scalp in order to get rid of hair loss. All you need to do is:
- In a bowl pour some water and soak handful of fenugreek seeds in it. Leave it for a night.
- Next morning, grind it to get a thick paste.
- Spread this paste onto your scalp and hair. Then cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- At last rinse your hair.
- Repeat this regularly to promote hair growth and healthy hair.
3.) Indian Gooseberry to Treat Hair Fall
Indian gooseberry is a natural medicine for hair growth. It is a rich source of Vitamin C. It is the same vitamin that your body needs for hair growth. Moreover, it has antibacterial, antioxidants and exfoliating properties which promotes hair growth and nourishes your scalp. All you need to do is:
- Grate a few Indian gooseberry. Squeeze the grated part to extract the juice out of it.
- In a small bowl mix Indian gooseberry juice and lemon juice.
- Use this mixture to massage your scalp. After the massage cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it for a night and next morning wash your hair with mild or herbal shampoo.
4.) Licorice Root to Prevent Hair Loss
Apart from kitchen ingredients, there are many herbs that can help you to cure and prevent hair fall and hair loss. Licorice root is one among them. It has mollifying properties that open the pores of a scalp and nourishes it from deep. The herb also comes handy for treating the scalp infections as well. You can apply it in the following ways:
- In a grinder, grind licorice roots. In a small bowl mix a tablespoon of powdered licorice roots, a teaspoon saffron and a cup of milk. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Before going to bed, apply this mixture on the scalp, concentrating on the bald patches (if there is any).
- In the next morning shampoo your hair.
- Do this 1-2 times a week
- Simultaneously, you can consume licorice root as green tea 2-3 times a day.
5.) Aloe-Vera to Get Rid of Hair Loss
This green plant is a must have in every household. You cannot even count how much beneficial this plant is. Not for hair, in fact, it is good for overall health. When it comes to hair, it contains certain enzymes which promote hair growth. Moreover, it balances the pH level of your scalp that too enhances hair growth. All you have to do is:
- Extract a fresh Aloe-Vera gel. Apply the gel on your scalp.
- Let it sit on scalp for a few hours and then, at last, rinse it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
6.) Onion Juice to Treat Hair Loss
Well, it might not smell good but it is very good for hair. It has a high sulphur content which is actually good for your scalp. It helps to improve the blood circulation to the hair follicles, reduce inflammation and promote hair growth. Apart from treating hair loss, you can also use onion juice to get rid of head lice and other parasites. It treat scalp infection and gives you healthy scalp and hair. All you have to do is:
- Grate an onion and extract the juice out of the grated part. Apply the onion juice on your scalp. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with mild shampoos.
- Alternatively, In a bowl mix 3 tablespoons of onion juice and 2 tablespoons Aloe-Vera gel. You may add olive oil also in the mixture. Apply this mixture on your hair covering the scalp. Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- At last wash your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo.
- Follow any of the above remedies 2-3 times a week.
7.) Coconut Milk to Cure Hair Loss
Like coconut oil, coconut milk is equally helpful to reduce hair fall and hair loss. It contains essential fats, proteins that encourage hair growth. Also, it moisturizes the scalp and the antibacterial properties present in it helps to reduce the hair damage. It provides a quick result. All you have to do is:
- With the help of hair brush apply coconut milk on your scalp.
- Leave it on for an hour and then rinse your hair and scalp.
- Do this several times a week to get satisfactory results.
8.) Flaxseeds to Get Rid of Hair Loss
Another kitchen ingredient that can help you to fight hair fall and hair loss problem is flaxseed. It has omega-3 fatty acids prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth. All you need to do is:
- Apply flaxseeds oil on your scalp and hair. If you do not get flaxseed oil then you can add flaxseeds in your regular hair oil and apply it.
- Alternatively, drink a solution of a tablespoon of flaxseed and a glass of water.
- You can also add flaxseeds in your meals, soup and salad.
- In any of the above form use it regularly to get rid of hair loss.
9.) Chinese Hibiscus Flower to Prevent Hair Loss
The natural properties present in Chinese Hibiscus flower makes it one of the effective home remedies for hair loss. The flower also comes handy for treating scalp infection, itchy, scalp, dry scalp dandruff and other hair related problems. To cure the hair loss all you have to so is:
- Heat 2 cups of coconut oil. After a minute add 10 Chinese hibiscus flower in it.
- Leave it on the mixture until it is charred. Then strain it and cool it at the room temperature.
- Before going to sleep apply this all mixture onto your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Shampoo it next morning.
- Do this regularly to combat hair loss.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a green tea with hibiscus flower and drink it 2-3 times a day.
10.) Egg Mask to Treat Hair Fall
Eggs contain proteins that is needed by the scalp for hair growth. Moreover, it is a good source of zinc, iodine, phosphorus, iron and etc, which are all good for hair and hair scalp. All you need to do is:
- In a small bowl mix an egg white, a teaspoon of olive oil and honey. Whisk all the ingredients thoroughly to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this hair mask on hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash your hair with mild or herbal shampoo. Do not forget to apply a conditioner after the shampoo.