This article is about the home remedies to repair sun damage to hair naturally. Summers can bring a lot of damage to your hair. It is the only time when your hair can’t tolerate the sunlight and lot of damages are caused due to ultraviolet rays of the sun. The prolonged exposure to sun may cause damage from the cuticle of the hair to the inner structure due to the presence of ultraviolet A and B rays in the sun. Well, sunbath is important for the skin during winters, but if you are spending a lot of time under sunlight, then it is really important to protect your hair from the sun damage. For this, you need to follow certain home remedies to repair sun damage to hair.
Home Remedies to Repair Sun Damage to Hair:
Here are few remedies to repair sun damage to hair. Apply them on a regular basis to prevent hair damage due to the sun.
1.) Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera provides various health benefits. It contains several properties. It is very important for maintaining the proper health of your hair. It is one of the best home remedies to repair sun damage to hair. To use Aloe Vera for maintaining the damaged hair, just follow these steps:
- Take Aloe Vera and extract gel from it.
- After this, add few drops of lemon in it and apply it on your hair.
- Leave it on your hair for 15 minutes and then wash it off with the help of water and mild shampoo.
2.) Apply Egg
One of the best natural ingredient to repair damaged hair is an egg. Eggs help in replenishing your hair with protein that is lost due to the ultraviolet rays of the sun. It is enriched with various properties that help in repairing the damage caused to your hair. For oily hair use egg whites while for dry and normal hair just use the egg yolk. Apply scrambled eggs and mix it with a little amount of honey in it. Now, apply this mixture to your hair and hair scalp. Leave it for 15-30 minutes. After this, just wash your hair with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 1-2 times in a week to repair sun damage to hair.
3.) Strawberry and Mayonnaise Mask
Strawberry and mayonnaise mask is also one of the best home remedies to repair sun damage to hair. This natural mask is very helpful in repairing damaged hair. The mayonnaise present in this mask acts as a natural conditioner for the hair while strawberries help in repairing dry and damaged hair. You can easily make this mask. Firstly, mesh few strawberries. After this, just add one spoon of mayonnaise in it. Mix it well and prepare a paste and apply this paste on your hair. Leave it on your hair for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
4.) Apply Avocado Mask to Repair Sun Damage to Hair
Avocado mask is another great remedy to repair sun damage to hair. To make this mask more effective, add banana and olive oil in it. As the sun makes your hair dry, so it is really important to use this mask in that case. To prepare this mask, follow these steps:
- Take one banana and blend it. Now, add two spoons of olive oil in the banana paste.
- Mix it well and apply it to the roots of your hair. Also, massage your hair using this paste.
- Leave it on your hair for 30 minutes.
- After this, wash your hair with shampoo and cold water.
- At last, just rinse your hair properly with apple cider vinegar and cold water.
5.) Wash Your Hair with Beer
Beer helps in providing nourishment from roots to the tips of your hair. It even helps in improving blood circulation in the head. Beer rinse is the best method to repair sun damage to hair. So, apply this remedy to experience soft, lustrous and voluminous hair. Beer works as a medicine for the health of damaged hair. However, mind the quantity!
- Wash your hair with water and dry it with a towel.
- Keep it damp and now apply beer on your hair scalp and hair.
- Massage your hair gently by using your fingertips for about 15 minutes.
- After this, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
6.) Use Curry Leaves to Repair Sun Damage to Hair
Curry leaves contain various nutrients that help in repairing sun damage caused to your hair. It also helps in accelerating the growth of your hair. So, to use this remedy follow these steps:
- Take a bowl and fill it with coconut oil.
- Now, boil 10-12 curry leaves in it.
- After this, leave this solution for few minutes to cool down.
- Rub this oil on your scalp and hair effectively.
- Also, wrap your head using a warm towel once your are done with oil massage.
- Leave it for few minutes and then wash your hair with shampoo and water to get the best results.
7.) Fenugreek Seeds and Yogurt Paste
It is another great home remedy to repair sun damage to hair. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Blend soaked fenugreek seeds to prepare a paste and add yogurt in it.
- Also, add little amount of olive oil and honey in fenugreek seeds and yogurt paste.
- Mix it well and apply this mixture on your head.
- After this, just wrap your head with shower cap for an hour.
- At last, just wash your hair using mild shampoo and water.
- It is a great way to get rid of damaged hair.
8.) Apply Raw Milk
Milk contain various properties and nutrients that help in maintaining the health of your hair. It is a great treatment for rough and dry hair. It also acts as a great conditioner. It moisturizes your hair and add shine to it. It is one of the best remedies to repair sun damage to hair.
- Just apply raw milk on your hair and scalp using a cotton ball to repair sun damage to hair.
- Leave it on your hair for an hour and then rinse your hair with water.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times in a week to repair sun damage to hair.
9.) Use Essential Oils
Dryness on your scalp is caused due to the prolonged exposure to sunlight. Hence, to treat the dryness of hair, it is really important to apply essential oils on your hair to keep them moisturized and healthy. You may use the essential oils like rosemary, carrot, bay, geranium, chamomile sandalwood, olive, rosewood, lavender, parsley, and lemon essential oils. You may also add carrier oil along with essential oil to increase the efficiency of it. Use carrier oils like a germ, avocado, castor, and sesame with four drops of any essential oil. Mix them effectively and heat this mixture. After this, apply this mixture on your scalp while massaging in circular motions on your hair. Leave it overnight and wash your hair next day using shampoo and lukewarm water. So, use it as it is one of the best remedies to repair sun damage to hair.
10.) Apply Gelatine Hair Pack to Repair Sun Damage to Hair
Last but not least another one of the best home remedies to repair sun damage to hair is gelatine. This pack is a good way to treat damaged hair caused due to the sun. To prepare this pack just add one spoon of gelatine in a cup of water. Stir it well. Also, add few drop of rosemary, lemon or lavender essential oil and one spoon of vinegar in it. Now, apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water. So, apply gelatin hair pack as it is one of the most effective remedies for sun damage to hair.
Few Other Preventive Measures to Protect Sun Damage to Hair:
Here are few preventive measures that you can follow to protect sun damage to hair.
1.) Always Wear a Hat:
Wearing hat on a sunny day is the best investment to save your hair from sun damage. It even keeps you cooler by providing you shade. Moreover, it is also a great fashion statement that can add more and more charm to your personality.
2.) Try Out Zinc Oxide:
If you feel uncomfortable while wearing a cap, then try to massage with zinc oxide sunblock cream on the areas of the scalp that are exposed to the sun. Applying sunblock cream will help to protect such vulnerable areas from the sun.
3.) Use Natural Oil:
You may use the natural oils like rosemary, olive oil, and avocado to protect your hair from sun damage. They add shine to your hair and act as a natural protection for your hair.