Split end is a common problem with which every girl deals. The bushes at the end of the hair thrive us to trim the hair and thus we are left with the small length of hair. Well, the good news is cutting hair is not only an option to remove split ends. Rather, there are plenty of remedies which will help you to get rid of split ends. Moreover, these remedies will not cost you hefty and will retain the original color, shine and volume of your hair. Keep reading this article to know about the remedies to remove split ends naturally.
Causes of Split Ends:
- Styling your hair regularly with hot tool such as straighteners and curlers.
- Exposure of hair to sunlight and pollution.
- Washing hair with warm water.
- Regular hair wash
- Using too much chemicals such as shampoos hair color, perms and etc.
- Not oiling the hair.
- Using hard water to wash the hair.
- Lack of care.
Remedies to Remove Split Ends Naturally:
1.) Head Massage to Remove Split Ends Naturally
A gentle massage with hot oil on scalp and hair helps to retain the moisture of the hair. Moreover, it will keep the dryness at the bay which is the prime cause of split ends. You can use coconut, almond, olive or castor oil for a head massage.
How to Massage?
- Slightly heat the oil in the microwave.
- The oil should be warm enough to apply on the scalp.
- Gently massage it into the hair and scalp.
- After 45- 1 hour wash your hair with mild shampoo and do not forget to condition them.
- For effective result, you can add few drops of essential oil like rosemary or sandalwood in your oil.
- Give your head a gentle massage at least once in a week.
2.) Banana to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Banana is enriched with the goodness of natural oil, Vitamin A, C and E, zinc, potassium and iron. All these nutrients help to restore moisture in the hair and minimise the breakage. Also, it softens the hair and gives healthy hair. However, use a ripe banana as it has more potassium.
How to Apply Banana?
- Mash a ripe banana and add 2 tablespoons of yogurt, a few drops of lemon juice and rose water in it.
- Stir the mixture until you get a thick paste. You can also use a blender.
- Apply this paste or hair mask on the hair. Make sure that you cover every strand.
- Leave the mask for an hour and then wash your hour with a mild shampoo. Since banana is sticky so, wash your hair properly with the shampoo.
- To prevent the split ends follow this remedy 2 times a week.
3.) Egg to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Egg is a rich source of essential fatty acids and nutrients that treats the split ends and gives you healthy hair. Also, it straightens the hair follicles giving smooth hair without tangles.
How to Apply Egg on Hair?
- First, brush your hair do detangle them.
- In a bowl whisk an egg yolk and add a tablespoon of honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this hair mask on the hair and rinse them after 3o minutes and then shampoo the hair.
- Since the egg has a strong smell, so make sure you remove it by properly washing the traces.
4.) Beer to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Yeah, you heard it right! Beer is a boon for hair. It not only treats split ends in fact it maintains the overall health of hair. Beer contains protein and sugar that repairs the damaged locks. Moreover, it adds volume and shine to the hair.
How to Apply Beer?
- Pour flat beer in the spray bottle.
- Spray beer on your strands.
- Leave it for 3-5 minutes then rinse your hair.
- Do not worry about the strong smell of the beer it will vanish away as soon as the hair will dry.
- Follow this remedy 1-2 times a week to treat split ends.
5.) Mayonnaise to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Mayonnaise repairs the damaged hair. It contains fatty acid and vitamins that add shine and restores the moisture. Moreover, it maintains the texture of the hair.
How to Apply Mayonnaise on Hair?
- Rinse your hair and pat dry them with a towel.
- Apply mayonnaise starting from the roots to tips.
- Leave the mayonnaise for 20-30 minutes then shampoo your hair.
- Since mayonnaise has a bad smell so make sure you shampoo your hair enough to remove the odor.
- Do this once in a week to get rid of split ends.
6.) Avocado to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Avocado works as a natural hair conditioner. It restores the original shine and moisture of the hair. Moreover, it is enriched with a goodness of proteins, folic acids, essential acids, magnesium and vitamin A, D and K therefore, it is the best remedy for split ends.
How to Apply Avocado?
- In a bowl mash a ripe avocado and mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and olive oil in it.
- Apply this mixture on hair.
- After 30 minutes wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Follow this remedy one in a week to cure split ends.
7.) Honey to Remove Split Ends Naturally
The nutrient content and humectant property of the honey makes it one of the best remedy for the split ends. Moreover, it works as a natural hair conditioner. It moisturise the hair and keep the hair breakage and split ends at the bay.
How to Apply Honey?
- In a bowl mix 4 cups of warm water and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Shampoo your hair and use the mixture as a conditioner.
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off your hair with normal water.
- Use this home made conditioner at least 2 times in a week to get rid of the split ends.
8.) Aloe-Vera to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Talking about the hair, how can we forget Aloe-Vera gel. It restores the moisture and promotes hair growth.This is one remedy that you can use without giving a second thought. You can apply it for any of the hair and skin problems.
How to Apply Aloe-Vera Gel?
- Extract gel out of the fresh Aloe-Vera leaves or you can buy the gel from the market as well.
- Apply this on every strand and massage it on the scalp as well. Leave it on for maximum 1 hour and then wash it off.
- For best results you can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 t-spoons of olive, jojoba or castor oil in the Aloe-Vera gel.
- Follow this remedy 2-3 times a week for shiny, bouncy and split ends free hair.
9.) Papaya to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Papaya is enriched with proteins that nourish hair and keeps the split ends at the bay. Moreover, it adds volume to your locks and gives you lustrous locks.
How to Apply Papaya?
- Peel the upper layer of the papaya and mash it.
- Add 1 cup of plain yogurt in the papaya and stir it to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply it on your damp and damaged hair and wash them with a mild shampoo after 30 minutes.
- Do this 3-4 times a week to cure split ends.
10.) Creamy Milk to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Creamy milk is a combination of cream and milk. The combination adds moisture to the hair and gives you smooth, supple and lustrous hair. Also, the proteins present in the milk promotes hair growth and repairs the damaged hair.
How to Apply Creamy Milk?
- In a bowl mix 1 cup of whole milk and 1 spoon of cream.
- Wash your damp and damaged hair with this mixture and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Then rinse them with normal water.
11.) Castor Oil to Remove Split Ends Naturally
Castor oil is packed with wholesome nutrients that help to treat scalp infection, hair fall, promotes hair growth, moisturise the hair shafts and cures split ends. Moreover, it adds volume to the hair.
How to Apply Castor Oil
- Castor oil very thick on hair so make sure that you do not apply it alone.
- Mix it with either olive oil, coconut oil or any other base oil.
- Apply it on you hair and scalp. Leave it on for a few hours or overnight then wash it off with mild shampoo followed by a good conditioner,
- Do this at least once in a week.
12.) Fenugreek Seeds to Remove Split Ends Naturally
How to Apply Fenugreek Seeds?
- Roast a handful of fenugreek seeds. Cush them into a powder. Add this powder in warm hair oil, followed by a head massage.
- Alternatively, soak fenugreek seeds for a night. Next them blend it in the blender to get a fine powder. Add lemon into it and mix it to get a thick paste. Apply this paste on your hair and scalp. Leave it on for a few hours and then rinse it off.
Tips to Keep Split Ends Away:
- Don’t use shampoos formulated with lots of chemicals.
- Avoid heating your hair with styling tools.
- Use wide hair brush to detangle your hair.
- Don’t wash your hair often.
- Regularly apply oil.
- Alternatively, once in a month, go for hair spa.