This article is about different ways to use coconut oil for hair. Coconut oil is an ancient cure for many skin and hair problems, this oil is useful in many different ways from cooking to moisturizing skin, this miracle oil tops the list of all natural alternatives to improve the health of your skin, hair and body. One of the popular uses of coconut oil is for conditioning hair and there are many ways to use it to this end. Coconut oil is free from the scary chemicals that are present in advertisement hair products, and is a natural conditioner, Coconut oil helps in preventing damage from combing and brushing, and it is safe for children as well. It can be used as a natural conditioner, so let’s get to know the coconut oil a little more. This article will help you to know best ways to use coconut oil for hair. Before lining up the ways to use coconut oil for hair let use see some of the benefits of coconut oil.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair:
1) Prevents Breakage
The fatty acids in coconut oil combine with the natural proteins found in hair and work effectively to protect it from breakage and damage. This is one of the best benefits of coconut oil.
2.) Moisturizes the Hair
Shiny hair is a healthy hair, regular use of coconut oil makes your hair softer and shinier. So you can use it to get a healthy and shiny hair. It also helps you to get rid of dry and rough hair.
3.) Boosts Blood Circulation
Dust and dirt don’t allow blood to circulate properly in the scalp this makes the condition worse. Coconut oil massage will boost the blood circulation in the scalp, meaning that more oxygen and nutrients will be sent right to your hair follicles. This is how you can use coconut oil to grow hair faster.
4.) Rich in Nutrients
Coconut oil is loaded with natural goodness like antioxidants and nutrients. Some of the other essential goodness are Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Iron. Each of these plays a vital role in keeping your hair soft and healthy, by removing dandruff from the scalp.
Coconut oil is best known for wonderful properties that can troubleshoot the problem in both hair and on the scalp. This oil contains both antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which eliminates dandruff and lice problems.
Best Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Hair:
1.) Direct Use Coconut Oil for Hair
As it contains mainly of smaller medium-chain fatty acids, coconut oil penetrates into the scalp more deeply and faster than any other conditioners. This oil can be used for the treatment of repair split ends, moisturizing the scalp, and adding a healthy glow to your tresses, so let’s learn how to use coconut oil for hairs:
- You have to make sure that you have at least an hour or two for this treatment to work effectively. Because the longer you leave coconut oil on your hair, the more effective it will be
- Before applying the oil wash your hair and let it air dry
- Take a comb or hair pick, a shower cap or small towel to wrap your hair in, small bowls of two different sizes (one perfectly fit inside the other), and virgin coconut oil according to the length of your hair.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls.
- Put the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
- Fill the large bowl with a hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking on the water.
- Once your coconut oil comes to room temperature and is melted, massage the oil on your scalp with the tip of your fingers, now comb your hair with a comb or hair pick.
- Once you are finished applying the oil, wrap your hair up in a shower cap or small towel and allow it to rest for thirty minutes or longer.
- After 30 minutes wash your hair with shampoo to remove oil
- If you want you may reapply a small amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair and work a small amount through all of your hair again just enough to give it a healthy shine and as a natural conditioner
2.) Use Coconut Oil for Hair as a Daily Detangler
If you have long or curly hair, then tangles may be a daily battle for you. Coconut oil is a boon for tangled hair. As it’s 100% natural, organic virgin coconut oil will not leave any residue on your scalp. You can use coconut oil as an effective detangler before styling or brushing your hair. Read below the steps to use coconut oil as a detangler lotion:
- Take sufficient amount of coconut oil according to the length of your hair in a small bowl
- Scoop the desired quantity of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls and set the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
- Pour hot water into the larger and place the smaller bowl into the larger one so that it is partially submerged, but not afloat or taking on water.
- Let your coconut oil come to room temperature
- Use your fingers tips to gently massage the oil into the ends of your hair, starting from the ends and moving your way toward the roots gently comb your hair with a comb or hair pick.
- Let the oil soak into your scalp, then comb your hair and style as you want. Do not rinse or shampoo. Coconut oil will help to nourish your hair all day long.
3.) Defeat Dandruff With Use Coconut Oil for Hair
Use of chemical shampoos, conditioners, styling products, and colors can cause itchy flaky scalp, which will further lead to dandruff. Coconut oil is very effective in fighting with such problems. So let’s discover the magic of coconut oil on dandruff. Read below the effective way to use coconut oil to get rid of dandruff:
- Before sleeping, wash your hair with a natural shampoo and condition as usual.
- Collect the following supplies: a comb or hair pick, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), a towel to cover your head overnight, and a jar of organic coconut oil
- Take out a small portion of coconut oil into the smaller bowls then place it into the bottom of the larger bowl.
- Fill the large bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged
- While your coconut oil comes to room temperature, comb your hair to remove any tangles.
- Once the coconut oil is completely melted, use your fingers to gently massage the oil on your scalp. If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head upside-down in order to apply oil to your scalp.
- Cover your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for better results.
4.) Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Coconut oil is the best natural way to help your hair grow faster, longer and thicker. The vitamins and important fatty acids that are essential for hair are found in coconut oil. It helps to nourish the scalp and help to remove extra oil from hair. Use this oil as a daily treatment by following few simple steps given below, read below to know the best way to use coconut oil for hair growth.
- Before going to your bed or shortly before bedtime, wash your hair with shampoo and condition as usual.
- Get a comb or hair pick, shower cap or to wrap your hair in, two small bowls of different sizes, and the jar of coconut oil.
- Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into the small bowls.
- Set the small bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is to some extent submerged, but not floating on water.
- While you wait for your coconut oil to reach to temperature, use your comb or hair pick to remove any tangles.
- Once the coconut oil completely melted, gently use your fingers to massage the oil into your scalp. If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head in order to massage oil to your entire scalp.
- Wrap your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil overnight for best results.
5.) Use Coconut Oil for Hair to Treat Lice
Use coconut oil as mentioned above as a leave-in hair conditioner, or to detangle and style hair. If there is an infestation of lice. Read below the correct way to use coconut oil to treat lice:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of each ylang-ylang, anise, and tea tree oils.
- Make it Double for longer hair
- Apply it all over the scalp, give a massage.
Comb the hair with a fine tooth comb. Cover in a shower cap, and allow to sit for 2 hours. Try, sit under the sunlight or use a hair dryer to frequently warm up the cap. Carefully remove shower cap, and seal in zipping lock bag for disposal. This is the best way to use coconut oil to treat lice.