After writing, almond oil for hair growth, castor oil for hair growth, and jojoba oil for hair growth, we are now writing about different ways to use coconut oil for hair growth and stop hair fall. Coconut oil is an ancient cure for many skin and hair problems, this oil is useful in many different ways from cooking to moisturizing skin, this miracle oil tops the list of all natural alternatives to improve the health of your skin, hair and body. One of the popular uses of coconut oil is for conditioning hair and there are many ways to use it to this end.
Coconut oil is free from the scary chemicals that are present in advertisement hair products, and is a natural conditioner, Coconut oil helps in preventing damage from combing and brushing, and it is safe for children as well. It can be used as a natural conditioner, so let’s get to know the coconut oil a little more. This article will help you to know best ways to use coconut oil for hair. Before lining up the ways to use coconut oil for hair let use see some of the benefits of coconut oil.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair Growth and Stop Hair Fall:
1) Prevents Breakage
The fatty acids in coconut oil combine with the natural proteins found in hair and work effectively to protect it from breakage and damage. This is one of the best benefits of coconut oil.
2.) Moisturizes the Hair
Shiny hair is a healthy hair, regular use of coconut oil makes your hair softer and shinier. So you can use it to get a healthy and shiny hair. It also helps you to get rid of dry and rough hair.
3.) Boosts Blood Circulation
Dust and dirt don’t allow blood to circulate properly in the scalp this makes the condition worse. Coconut oil massage will boost the blood circulation in the scalp, meaning that more oxygen and nutrients will be sent right to your hair follicles. This is how you can use coconut oil to grow hair faster.
4.) Rich in Nutrients
Coconut oil is loaded with natural goodness like antioxidants and nutrients. Some of the other essential goodness are Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Iron. Each of these plays a vital role in keeping your hair soft and healthy, by removing dandruff from the scalp.
Coconut oil is best known for wonderful properties that can troubleshoot the problem in both hair and on the scalp. This oil contains both antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which eliminates dandruff and lice problems.
6.) Provide Nutrition
Coconut oil has Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and iron. It not only can help you providing a healthy scalp but also can penetrate deep into the hair and give the needed nutrition which makes hair stronger. It helps hair grow faster and maintaining the length you want without breaking.
7.) Protect Hair Protein
Lauric acid is an important component in coconut oil that prevents the loss of protein in hair. There are various products that contain lauric acid but coconut oil is most effective and natural than other hair care products. Protein is a vital component for a healthier and stronger hair.
8.) Lock the Moisture
There are numerous things which can draw the moisture out of the hair, which result in dry and brittle hair. Coconut oil is the best solution to lock the moisture while keeping damaging elements from harming your hair away. If your hair manages to maintain moisture, they will look much better and shinier.
9.) Promote Blood Circulation
A good blood circulation is very important for a hair growth and to prevent hair loss. Blood circulation through the scalp improves significantly only by softly massaging the scalp with coconut oil. This ensures that your hair will be stronger and better than previous.
10.) Add Strength to Your Hair
Due to a deep penetrating property of coconut oil, it makes hair follicle much healthier. To keep hair growing without any split ends, they should be strong. Coconut oil is well renowned for making hair long and strong without any split ends.
11.) Make Your Hair Shine
Only strong hair is not enough, they should be also shinier. You only need coconut oil for a healthy looking hair that you usually see in movies and magazines. Beside shiny hair, it also helps with the hair color, especially in suppressing the onset of graying hair.
12.) Work Against Bacteria and Fungus
Hair growth depends upon several scalp conditions like dandruff and even head lice. Due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal nature, coconut oil provides a natural defense against these agents and prevents further damage to the hair.
Best Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Hair:
1.) Direct Use Coconut Oil for Hair
As it contains mainly of smaller medium-chain fatty acids, coconut oil penetrates into the scalp more deeply and faster than any other conditioners. This oil can be used for the treatment of repair split ends, moisturizing the scalp, and adding a healthy glow to your tresses, so let’s learn how to use coconut oil for hairs:
- You have to make sure that you have at least an hour or two for this treatment to work effectively. Because the longer you leave coconut oil on your hair, the more effective it will be before applying the oil wash your hair and let it air dry
- Take a comb or hair pick, a shower cap or small towel to wrap your hair in, small bowls of two different sizes (one perfectly fit inside the other), and virgin coconut oil according to the length of your hair.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls. Put the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one. Fill the large bowl with a hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking on the water.
- Once your coconut oil comes to room temperature and is melted, massage the oil on your scalp with the tip of your fingers, now comb your hair with a comb or hair pick.
- Once you are finished applying the oil, wrap your hair up in a shower cap or small towel and allow it to rest for thirty minutes or longer. After 30 minutes wash your hair with shampoo to remove oil
- If you want you may reapply a small amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair and work a small amount through all of your hair again just enough to give it a healthy shine and as a natural conditioner
2.) Use Coconut Oil for Hair as a Daily Detangler
If you have long or curly hair, then tangles may be a daily battle for you. Coconut oil is a boon for tangled hair. As it’s 100% natural, organic virgin coconut oil will not leave any residue on your scalp. You can use coconut oil as an effective detangler before styling or brushing your hair. Read below the steps to use coconut oil as a detangler lotion:
- Take sufficient amount of coconut oil according to the length of your hair in a small bowl. Scoop the desired quantity of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls and set the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
- Pour hot water into the larger and place the smaller bowl into the larger one so that it is partially submerged, but not afloat or taking on water. Let your coconut oil come to room temperature
- Use your fingers tips to gently massage the oil into the ends of your hair, starting from the ends and moving your way toward the roots gently comb your hair with a comb or hair pick.
- Let the oil soak into your scalp, then comb your hair and style as you want. Do not rinse or shampoo. Coconut oil will help to nourish your hair all day long.
3.) Defeat Dandruff With Use Coconut Oil for Hair
Use of chemical shampoos, conditioners, styling products, and colors can cause itchy flaky scalp, which will further lead to dandruff. Coconut oil is very effective in fighting with such problems. So let’s discover the magic of coconut oil on dandruff. Read below the effective way to use coconut oil to get rid of dandruff:
- Before sleeping, wash your hair with a natural shampoo and condition as usual. Collect the following supplies: a comb or hair pick, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), a towel to cover your head overnight, and a jar of organic coconut oil
- Take out a small portion of coconut oil into the smaller bowls then place it into the bottom of the larger bowl. Fill the large bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged While your coconut oil comes to room temperature, comb your hair to remove any tangles.
- Once the coconut oil is completely melted, use your fingers to gently massage the oil on your scalp. If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head upside-down in order to apply oil to your scalp. Cover your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for better results.
4.) Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Coconut oil is the best natural way to help your hair grow faster, longer and thicker. The vitamins and important fatty acids that are essential for hair are found in coconut oil. It helps to nourish the scalp and help to remove extra oil from hair. Use this oil as a daily treatment by following few simple steps given below, read below to know the best way to use coconut oil for hair growth.
- Before going to your bed or shortly before bedtime, wash your hair with shampoo and condition as usual. Get a comb or hair pick, shower cap or to wrap your hair in, two small bowls of different sizes, and the jar of coconut oil.
- Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into the small bowls. Set the small bowl in the bottom of the larger one. Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is to some extent submerged, but not floating on water.
- While you wait for your coconut oil to reach to temperature, use your comb or hair pick to remove any tangles.
- Once the coconut oil completely melted, gently use your fingers to massage the oil into your scalp. If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head in order to massage oil to your entire scalp. Wrap your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil overnight for best results.
5.) Use Coconut Oil for Hair to Treat Lice
Use coconut oil as mentioned above as a leave-in hair conditioner, or to detangle and style hair. If there is an infestation of lice. Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of each ylang-ylang, anise, and tea tree oils. Make it Double for longer hair and apply it all over the scalp, give a massage.
Comb the hair with a fine tooth comb. Cover in a shower cap, and allow to sit for 2 hours. Try, sit under the sunlight or use a hair dryer to frequently warm up the cap. Carefully remove shower cap, and seal in zipping lock bag for disposal. This is the best way to use coconut oil to treat lice.
6.) Hair Conditioning with Coconut Oil
The hair products of big brands, which you admire are full of scary chemicals. The coconut oil is safe and free from these harmful chemicals. Coconut oil is the only oil, that does not allow protein loss. Avoid all chemical hair products, particularly children, to condition their hair. It is the protein loss in hair that causes the dryness and breakage.
The lauric acid has a small molecular weight, and is able to go into the hair shaft, benefitting the hair with minerals, vitamins and the medium-chain fatty acids. Coconut oil also protects hair from getting damaged due brushing and combing, and it is safe to use on children. It can be used as a full time conditioner, or used as a temporary conditioner for a couple of hours.
7.) Hair Styling with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is free from the dangerous chemicals and is a popular styling agent. Flat irons, hair dryers, curling irons, and hot rollers remove the moisture out of the scalp causing it to prone to tangling and become brittle. Coconut oil shields hair prevent this type of damage, when used in the proper amount. The hair texture and length is saved from this damage. People with curly hair often get frizz in humid climates. Coconut oil helps to clear the frizz, by going into the curls. It can be applied all through the day for touch-ups, just be sure to use it carefully.
8.) Coconut Oil for Hair Coloring
Coconut oil makes an outstanding base for mixing your natural hair coloring. It goes into hair faster and deeply than many other natural oils. It helps to make your hair color to keep away from fading and look more vibrant. Pour a few spoons of coconut oil in a bowl and let it come to room temperature. Mix color with coconut oil as you normally do. Once the color is put, shampoo your hair with warm water to remove extra oil and color. Cover your hair with a cap or shower towel to let color rest for overnight.
9.) Coconut Oil for Hair Protection
Coconut oil makes an outstanding natural sunscreen. Apply coconut oil in the morning, particularly on a day, when you know that your hair will be uncovered in the sun and pollution. Just take some coconut oil in a bowl and let it rest to get it at room temperature. Use your fingertips to apply the coconut oil on your scalp and style as usual.
10.) Coconut Oil for Hair Mask
The hair mask is perfect for moisturizing and repairing damaged hair. All you need is two spoons of virgin coconut oil, and one spoon of raw honey. Just add the extra quantity of these ingredients for long hair. Mix the ingredients well and warm the mixture in a pan. Apply the mask on your hair, and take a towel around your neck to protect your clothes. After applying, cover your hair for half an hour. You can do your daily work, while wearing the mask like reading a magazine or chopping vegetables.
11.) Coconut Oil to Detangle
Those who are facing the problem of hair tangles and want to get rid of it should use coconut oil. Coconut oil improves hair health by going into the hair shaft. It also covers the hair, and makes it easier to get rid of knots after shower. Apply a small amount through hair, particularly in tangled areas and stripped ends. Using coconut oil for hair regularly will help to prevent tangles and improve the overall health of the hair.
12.) Coconut Oil for Hair Shining
Coconut oil contains lauric acid and vitamin E, which helps to get shiny hair. Just apply some coconut oil on your with fingertips and you will see the magic of it. It will help to level out hair without a oily or greasy finish. Avoid using artificial shiner for the hair as it will cause further damage to the hair.
13.) Give it Time and Wash
Let the coconut oil soak up deep into the scalp by covering it with a shower cap. Leave the hair undisturbed for at least one hour. You can also leave it for the whole night to get a deep coconut oil treatment. Remove the cap and wash the hair until it no longer feels oily. This may take up to three items of washing with a gentle shampoo. You can leave the hair to air-dry or use a hair dryer. Once you are done, you would be amazed seeing amazing looking hair that is beautiful and healthy.