Acupuncture is beneficial for everyone but it can be particularly useful for those who deal with the over eating. Weight loss usually comes under the “Weight Control” topic. The reason is, we are more concerned with the body weight balance rather trying to get skinny. Weight loss is a multi-faceted problem which requires a good program. The program includes a balanced diet, exercise, and stress reduction techniques. Acupuncture is finally getting popularity among the dieters. It gets under the skin by tapping into the body. The history of acupuncture is quite old and it was used to heal a host of ailments. Now, the medicine practitioners use it to treat chronic pain, nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, postoperative pain, addictions and weight loss. When those fine needles are just inserted into the skin along strategic, it restores the balance to the flow of energy along streams of Qi or life force. Read the article, to more about acupuncture for weight loss.
How to lose weight fast and naturally is not a simple question as to give a correct answer for this is very difficult. It involves various physical activity and balanced diet. The acupuncture is a complimentary technique that has been gaining popularity over the years. Now, many of us getting benefit from acupuncture. Most people now adopting it due to its effectiveness. Those who have used this technique said that it was really helpful for them to shed off extra pounds easily and quickly. You must wonder how this thing actually works for weight loss. In this article, we will discuss the working principle of acupuncture for weight loss. Your doubt will surely end as we progress through this article. Before trying acupuncture, you should first consult your doctor about it. If you really want to try it then find a certified practitioner. The acupuncture will help you only if you have the full faith on the fact that it helps you in weight loss. Don’t be afraid to try this. Millions of people have found this beneficial. Do remember that the road to weight loss is challenging and need hard work to accomplish. If you go for any shortcut then it might lead to some serious problems and at the end you will only lose your money.
Acupuncture for Weight Loss:
Acupuncture is all about energy and very less about needles. When a person is healthy the life energy flows freely, called meridians. If the energy channels are blocked then it results in sickness or pain. It is a process of inserting fine needles into specific points to clear the blockages to allow energy flow freely. This technique promotes a good flow of energy. Modern practitioners see it as a way to calm muscles, nerves, and tissue. This is all done only by some sterile needles, magnets electricity. Many devotees believe that it not only useful for weight loss but can also treat and cure chronic pain and arthritis. Now, the majority of people who want to lose weight have turn to acupuncture.
Working of Acupuncture for Weight Loss:
The actual theory states that the outer ear represents our entire body. So, stimulating the key points with the magnets and/or needles around it will stimulate the metabolism and reduce appetite which ultimately needed to lose weight fast. A report said that the patients who underwent 5-point ear acupuncture lost more weight than who received only 1-point acupuncture. An another article published that showed that acupuncture was more helpful in treating the mental health thus stimulate weight loss by itself.
Benefits of Using Acupuncture for Weight Loss:
- The reason for using acupuncture for weight control is based on the assumption that weight gain is due to the result of disturbed energy flow from the regulating part of the brain, called the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is responsible for maintaining the functional balance that makes the body run like a perfectly tuned instrument. It is the body’s dispatch center that controls neurochemicals and hormones. It also helps to regulate body temperature, thirst, circadian rhythm, and hunger.
- Researchers are now measuring its effectiveness for weight loss. From few studies, it was found that the treatment increased ghrelin which is a hormone that regulates the meal initiation. It also decreases leptin which is a hormone that controls fat storage and metabolism.
- The acupuncture can be better than any other weight control program by curbing appetite, boosting metabolism. It also helps in improving digestion, quelling cravings, and improving the way nutrients are utilized in the body.
- It also enhances the main functions of the liver. The liver is responsible for the production of many critical chemicals. These chemicals are good for digestion, breaking down of fats and processing nutrients.
- It also improves tone in the smooth muscle of the stomach. This helps you feel full. Overeating can leave your stomach “extended out”. Regular acupuncture treatments have been shown to help tone. It shrinks the stomach muscle to help people know that they are full.
- It affects both mental aspects and physical wellness of weight loss. Acupuncture for weight loss works by promoting digestion, controlling appetite and soothing emotions. It also stimulates the body to release endorphins which are body’s own “feel-good” chemicals. The increased level of this chemical is helpful in reducing your cravings.
Target Points of Acupuncture for Weight Loss:
You should know that acupuncture for weight loss includes some certain target points on the ears. The ear has several points that relate to almost all the major organs in the body. Every different area of the ear is stimulated with tiny beads or magnets, small tacks, and is taped in place. By doing this, the treatment continues after you leave the session.
Common Target Points on Ear:
To pinpoint the Qi there are 4 acupuncture points on the ear:
- The hunger point
- Shen Men point
- Stomach point
- Endocrine point
A few fine tiny needles are inserted along these channels to decrease the “heat” generation. It is to stimulate the centers that control the release of hormones and neurochemicals. During the course of treatment, the needles are basically covered with tape. So, that they can be left in that place for a few days. The Treatment Plan:
The Treatment Plan:
There are several types of treatments depending on the patient’s need. The treatment mainly depends on patient’s goals for losing weight, their commitment to keeping the weight off and the speed at which they want to lose. For the patient who wants to lose between ten to fifteen pounds, one treatment every three days is enough. The booster acupuncture treatment once every two-week is found to be optimal. In this method, the patient and practitioner decide when to end the frequent treatment. They also aim to meet again which is usually 4 times in a year.
Guidelines for Using Acupuncture for Weight Loss:
- Choose a Certified Practitioner:
You should choose only those practitioner, who are well certified and experienced in this area. An expert is needed to assure that they have necessary training and education to practice. Acupuncturists may also be a medical doctor who has done a postgraduate in this field.
- Complete the Full Course of Treatment:
For best result 10 treatments delivered over a few weeks is highly recommended. If acupuncture is followed by balanced diet plan then it gives fast and better outcomes. So, it should be alongside a good diet plan. Make sure the diet includes low calories healthy foods.
- Don’t Confuse with the Treatments:
Ear stapling is a vital part of acupuncture. It uses surgical staples that penetrate the cartilage of your ear. Now, this can lead to severe infection. However, it is completely natural and safe way to lose weight. There is no harmful side effects and very useful natural plan for weight loss.
Tip to Get Most from Acupuncture:
- Don’t eat a huge meal before acupuncture treatment, but also don’t go in starving.
- Don’t take any pain killer before the treatment.
- Show up ten minutes early to your treatment.
- Don’t eat processed sugars soon after treatment.
- Don’t drink alcohol after the treatment or for the rest of the day.
- The best time to receive a treatment is in the late afternoon or early evening.