In this article we will discuss different uses and benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. Vinegar has a long ancient history, its uses are plenty. Apple cider vinegar has even more uses and is not confined to just for the kitchen purpose. It is also ideally used for plenty of health ailments. Apple cider vinegar, also known as cider vinegar or ACV is mainly prepared from cider or apple must. ACV is pale to medium yellowish-brown in color. Benefits of apple cider vinegar are more than one can think of. It can be used as salads, dressing, food preservatives, marinades, a side dish garnish, etc. These are just the kitchen benefits of ACV. Apple cider vinegar is processed by squeezing out apple juice, which then passes through alcoholic fermentation by adding bacteria and yeast in the juice. Then, the alcohol is turned into acetic acid and malic acid, These two acid are responsible for the sour taste of ACV. Other than kitchen usage of ACV, there are many other uses and benefits of apple cider. All such qualities of cider vinegar are mentioned below.
Uses & Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits to Control Appetite and Cravings
Most of us are not able to control our appetite. This makes us put on excess weight in the form of accumulation of fat. When you get overweight, you try to eat less to control your weight. But, eating less increases your craving for food which compel you to eat more and uncontrollably. This result in more weight gain which is harmful for the health as it can cause obesity, diabetes, cholesterol and many other serious ailments.
In such cases cider vinegar comes handy. ACV helps to control appetite and reduce craving. According to a study it was found people who ate bread with vinegar felt fuller for a longer time. They did not felt craving as compare to others who ate just a simple bread. This study proves that ACV has the quality to suppress appetite. Being acidic in nature, ACV also helps reduce or slow the rate at which sugars are released into the bloodstream. This in turn helps control appetite.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits to Lose Weight Naturally
Many people agree that apple cider vinegar works wonders in reducing weight naturally without exercise. People who consume a regular amount of vinegar every day experienced a significant loss in their body weight, abdominal fat and waist size. Acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar helps reduce weight effectively.
- Take 15 ml to 30 ml of vinegar every day to see a visible change.
- You can dilute it in water if you want.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits to Improves Digestion Fast
Consuming apple cider vinegar before each meal promotes digestion process. It is especially beneficial for people who suffer stomach related issues like gas, bloating, reflux and indigestion problem. In such cases, you can take ACV as suggested below.
- You can take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar mixed in warm water before each meal.
- Other than that you can use it in your salad as well.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar Helps Effectively in Acne Related Problems
Benefits of apple cider vinegar for skin ailments are tremendous. Vinegar is one of the most exploited home remedies to treat different skin problems. You can use ACV to treat dry skin, oily skin, acne, acne marks or scars and many other skin ailments. You can use this as a skin toner as well.
- Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp of water.
- Mix it well and apply on your affected skin and leave it overnight.
- Regular application of this solution every day will help fade dark spots, acne and its symptoms.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits to Lower Cholesterol Levels Naturally and Fast
There are two types of cholesterol present in our body. One is good for our health and other is good for nothing. Regular intake of ACV for at least 2 months can drastically decrease harmful or toxic blood lipids, which are responsible for a rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels in those people who suffer from excess fat in the blood.
- Take 1 tsp of ACV regularly in the morning or take it as suggested on the label.
- You can even dilute it with water.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar benefits to Combat Diabetes Naturally
Apple cider vinegar is considered to help lower glucose level in our body which makes it an essential remedy for treatment of people suffering type 2 diabetes. Below is the method to take it.
- Take 2 tbsp of ACV along with 25-30 gram of cheese before going to bed.
- Regular dosage will help reduce the shooting blood sugar levels. Thus, cider vinegar is an important remedy to treat diabetes.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benfits to Balance pH of Your Skin
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent ingredient for toning of skin. It makes your skin smooth and soft. Also, ACV helps even skin tone. Daily application of vinegar enhances the complexion as well. It can also be used for treating hair problems.
- Take 1 part of vinegar and dilute it with 2 tsp of water.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your face using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for the night.
- You can also apply it in the morning before applying moisturizer.
- Regular application will give you a glowing skin.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin Detoxification
Other than balancing the pH level of your skin, cider vinegar also serves as an excellent cleansing agent. The detoxifying properties of ACV helps remove wastes, dirt and other toxin from the skin. Plus, it helps encourage cardiovascular circulation and help in detoxification of the liver. It is also very effective in treating blemishes, rashes and skin irritation caused due to mild Eczema.
- Apply a small amount of undiluted ACV on the face or affected area using cotton.
- Leave it for a few minutes to get absorbed.
- You can dilute it with water if you have sensitive skin.
- ACV can be used with witch hazel, Aloe Vera and green tea as well for added benefits.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Room Freshner
Apart from health benefits, cider vinegar is very useful for household purposes too. ACV can be used in the toilet and bathroom as an air freshener. It leaves a pleasant apple smell all around the room.
- Pour some ACV in the toilet and leave it overnight.
- You can also use it as a replacement for dish detergent.
- Just add ½ cup of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
- Use this solution for cleaning oven, kitchen slab, window, mirrors, glasses etc.
10.) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits to Reduce Heartburn
Although you may not believe that Apple cider vinegar can be used for treating heartburn as well. This is because ACV itself is acidic in nature. However, researches suggest that vinegar regulates low acid, thus minimizing heartburns.
- Just take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar following by a glass of water for a quick relief from heartburns.