Cinnamon is a good spice and works great to enhance food. Cinnamon plays a vital role for our healthy body, hair and skin as well. Cinnamon is used to treat muscle spasms, infections, diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite and the common cold due to its medicinal properties. This spice contains manganese, fiber, iron and calcium, which is used in many dishes. It is cheap and easily available in the market. Cinnamon is available in many forms such as cinnamon oil, cinnamon sticks, ground powder and even capsules. There are so many health benefits of cinnamon. This article will tell you the benefits of cinnamon.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon:
- Health Benefits of Cinnamon:
- 1.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Bad Breath Fast
- 2.) Cinnamon to Treat Infertility Naturally
- 3.) Cinnamon and Honey to Treat Heart Health
- 4.) Cinnamon to Promote Weight Loss
- 5.) Cinnamon to Cure Rough Feet
- 6.) Cinnamon to Cure Acne, Pimples, and Blemishes
- 7.) Prevents Skin Infections and Cure Cuts and Wounds
- 8.) Cinnamon to Stimulates Hair Growth
- 9.) Cinnamon to Cure Cold
- 10.) Cinnamon for Menstrual Aid and Prevents Cancer
- 11.) Prevent Arthritis and Aids Digestion
- 12.) Cinnamon as a Complexion Enhancer
- 13.) Cinnamon to Reduce Cholesterol and Pain Reliever
- 14.) Increases Longevity and Diabetes Treatment
- 15.) Cinnamon for Cleansing Scalp
1.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Bad Breath Fast
- Having bad breath in your mouth makes you feel embarrassing.
- Cinnamon fights against bad breath. As it works as a mouth freshener.
- Chew few cinnamon sticks or you can prepare a gargle water. Take some cinnamon powder and add it to the 1 cup of boiling water. Then strain the water and gargle with this water. This cinnamon water will help you to get rid of bad breath.
- Add cinnamon to your weekly diet for better results.
2.) Cinnamon to Treat Infertility Naturally
- Cinnamon is one of the best home remedies for treating infertility.
- Cinnamon has a nutrient known as cinnamaldehyde which decreases testosterone levels and raises the progesterone level in women.
- Due to hormonal balance, reduce the risk of infertility in women.
3.) Cinnamon and Honey to Treat Heart Health
- Heart problems are very common and cinnamon is very helpful to reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- To make a thick paste, mix cinnamon powder and honey.
- Instead of using regular jam use this cinnamon paste. Consume it daily for reducing the risk of the heart problem.
4.) Cinnamon to Promote Weight Loss
- Cinnamon is one of the best spices for losing weight.
- Cinnamon helps to reduce insulin resistance.
- It also triples the insulin concentration to metabolize blood sugar.
- Cinnamon plays a very important role in weight loss as it reduces sugar cravings and hunger.
5.) Cinnamon to Cure Rough Feet
One of the best health benefits of cinnamon is to treat rough feet. Cinnamon contains anti-oxidant properties due to which it can soften dry and rough skin.
Steps to Use Cinnamon For Treating Rough Feet:
- Extract the juice from 5 lemons.
- Then add this lemon juice to a tbsp of olive oil, a quarter-cup whole milk, 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon and a half cup of water.
- Soak your feet in this bath mixture for 15 minutes for smooth and soft feet.
6.) Cinnamon to Cure Acne, Pimples, and Blemishes
Cinnamon is also used to make your skin glow. Cinnamon helps to treat acne and pimples on the face and body. Cinnamon brings blood and oxygen to the outer skin surface by drying the skin.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Treat Acne Overnight:
- Mix 3 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp cinnamon to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your acne and leave it for the whole night.
- Next morning, wash it off with water and repeat it every week.
7.) Prevents Skin Infections and Cure Cuts and Wounds
One of the best health benefits of cinnamon is to treat skin infections. Cinnamon is beneficial for any kind of skin infection including ringworms, cuts, and wounds.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Prevent Skin Infections:
- Take equal amounts of cinnamon powder and honey and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Cinnamon is also used to treat ringworms.
- Moreover, to treat cuts and wounds use cinnamon powder to kill germs and helps to heal it quickly.
8.) Cinnamon to Stimulates Hair Growth
Cinnamon is used for making your hair strong and beautiful. As it improves blood circulation in the body which helps to hair roots and scalp to get the oxygen and nutrition, which leads to beautiful, strong and healthy hair. Your hair needs the combination of cinnamon and honey. Use this mixture as a hair mask once in a week for better results.
Steps to Use Cinnamon and Honey for Hair Growth:
- Mix a tsp of ground cinnamon, a tsp of honey, a tbsp of olive oil and an egg.
- Apply this mask to the hair and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
9.) Cinnamon to Cure Cold
Cinnamon plays an important role in treating cold. Cinnamon gives calming and warming effect to cure a cold and the common flu.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Cure Cold:
- Prepare a ginger tea by adding ginger in a cup of boiling water. Then add cinnamon in it and strain the solution.
- It works as an excellent cold reliever.
- Another remedy is to add a quarter tsp of cinnamon powder to a tbsp of honey.
- Have this mixture 3 times a day for best results.
10.) Cinnamon for Menstrual Aid and Prevents Cancer
Cinnamon tea is beneficial for those women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding. Cinnamon has anti-cancer properties.
Steps to Use Cinnamon for Menstrual Aid and Cancer:
- Prepare a solution by mixing cinnamon in a cup of boiling water and add a little honey to it.
- So drink it 2 times a day for 3 months to treat stomach and bone cancers.
11.) Prevent Arthritis and Aids Digestion
Arthritis causes swelling and pain in the joints. Cinnamon helps to alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Prevent Arthritis and Aids Digestion:
- Heat a cup of water, then add 2 spoons of honey and a tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Consume this mixture twice a day to get relief from the arthritic pain.
- It also aids digestion by breaking down fats.
- A mixture of honey and cinnamon powder will help to cure stomach ulcers and gives relief from gas.
12.) Cinnamon as a Complexion Enhancer
Due to having antifungal and antibacterial properties cinnamon helps to enhance the complexion. Make a smooth paste of small banana, lemon juice, plain
Steps to Use Cinnamon as a Complexion Enhancer:
- Make a smooth paste of small banana, lemon juice, plain yoghurt and ground cinnamon.
- Apply it to a clean face. After 15 minutes, wash your face with water.
- To get relief from eczema make a paste of 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon powder. Apply a thin layer of this paste to the affected areas. Continue this remedy for a week for better results.
13.) Cinnamon to Reduce Cholesterol and Pain Reliever
Cinnamon works very well to reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Consume one-quarter tsp of cinnamon daily for maintaining cholesterol levels. Or you can drink a cup of tea daily for better and effective results.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Reduce Cholesterol and Relieves Pain:
- Consume one-quarter tsp of cinnamon daily for maintaining cholesterol levels.
- Or you can drink a cup of tea daily for better and effective results.
14.) Increases Longevity and Diabetes Treatment
Cinnamon is known to increase the life span and helps in treating diabetes.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Treat Diabetes:
- Make a mixture of 4 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and 3 cups of water and drink it 3 to 4 times a day to increase the longevity.
- For diabetes treatment, consume a quarter tsp of cinnamon which will help to reduce blood sugar levels.
15.) Cinnamon for Cleansing Scalp
One of the best and effective health benefits of cinnamon is to cleanse scalp. Cinnamon acts like an exfoliate which helps to nourish the scalp.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Cleanse Scalp:
- Prepare a mixture with a tsp of ground cinnamon, 1tbsp of honey and quarter cup of warm olive oil.
- Then, massage your scalp with this paste which will stimulate the cleaning.
- Leave this mixture for 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair.