This article is about ways to comfort sore and itchy eyes. Sore and itchy eye is a common problem faced in day to day life. With the increase in pollution, this problem is also increasing. The problem of sore and itchy eye depends on the sensitivity of eyes which varies from person to person. Allergy is the most common reason for itchy eyes. This problem causes unpleasant itching in the eyes which is followed by pain. This is more common in people who are in the habit of touching their eyes again and again. This article has the description of the remedies that are used to comfort sore and itchy eye.
Causes of a Sore and Itchy Eye:
Sore and itchy eyes can occur because of many reasons. There is no specifies reason for the problem. Here are some of the reasons that are responsible for a sore and itchy eye:
- Exposure to sun
- Watch TV or working on computers for longer hours.
- Seasonal changes
- Dry eye syndrome
Remedies to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye:
Though sore and itchy eye is considered to be a common problem, but going through it can face a lot of difficulties. Eye drop are easily available at the stores to comfort sore and itchy eye, but depending on them is not a god solution. Here are the remedies that will help comfort sore and itchy eyes.
1.) Antihistamine Eye Drops to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Use antihistamine eye drops to comfort a sore and itchy eye. Do not use them if you are suffering with glaucoma. These are easily available in the market. Use them at a regular time for 5 days and it will get rid of sore and itchy eye.
2.) Cold Compress to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Cold compress is among the most easiest and effective ways used to comfort a sore and itchy eyes. The simplest way to give your eyes a cold compress is to apply a cloth, soaked in cold water, on the eyes. What else you can do is apply chamomile tea bags. And, for the purpose:
- Boil a cup of water and add put two tea bags in it.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Now keep the bags in refrigerator for a few hours.
- After that, remove it from refrigerator and place it on the eyes.
3.) Green Tea to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Green tea has the properties that are used to treat a sore and itchy eyes. It is rich in antioxidants that helps cure a number of problems. You just have to prepare green tea wash and you get rid of a sore and itchy eye. To prepare the wash:
- Prepare some green tea.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Now use it to wash your eyes.
- Do it daily.
4.) Cucumber to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Cucumber works on pain and treats the itching of the eyes. It has the watery contents that very efficiently work on the irritation. The cooling properties of cucumber really help you get rid of itchy eyes. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take a cucumber and cut it into thick slices.
- Place the cucumber on the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Use it daily to comfort a sore and itchy eyes.
5.) Potatoes to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Potatoes have the astringent properties that comfort a sore and itchy eyes. Use chilled and slices of potatoes ans you treat your eyes well. For the purpose:
- Take a potato and cut it into thick slices.
- Keep the slices in the refrigerator for some time.
- When they are completely chilled, keep them on your eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- Do this before going to bed.
5.) Fenugreek to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Fenugreek is one of the best remedies when it comes to comfort a sore and itchy eye. Prepare a paste using fenugreek seeds and you will be able to cure sore eye. Just follow the steps to use it:
- Take some fenugreek seeds and soak them overnight in water.
- In the morning, make a paste using them.
- Apply the paste over eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off.
6.) Chilled Spoon to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Chilled spoon is also a very effective remedy when it comes at treating a sore and itchiness. It helps with the swelling, pain and itching. What you have to do is:
- Keep some spoons in refrigerator for some time.
- Now place the spoon on your eyes.
- Keep switching the spoon as they start getting warm.
7.) Aloe Vera to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
- Take some Aloe Vera juice and keep in refrigerator for sometime.
- Mix it with water and use it to wash your eyes.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Apple cider vinegar contains manic acid that is very effective at combating the bacteria of infection. To use it, follow the steps:
- Take some apple cider vinegar and mix with some water.
- Now use it two wash your eyes.
- Use a cotton ball for the purpose.
9.) Rose Water to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Rose water treats many of the skin problems well and also improves the vision. It works like a charm when come to comfort sore and itchy eyes.
- Take some rose water in a bowl.
- Now dip a cotton ball in the water and when it is completely saturated, just apply it on the eyes.
- It provides immediate relief from itchiness.
10.) Use Milk to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Use cold milk to comfort a sore and itchy eye. It provides relief to the eyes by eliminating itchiness and pain. Just follow the given steps to get rid of itchy eye.
- Take some milk in a bowl and dab a cotton ball in it.
- Now apply the ball on the eyes.
- Use this method daily for better results.
11.) Cold Water to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Cold water is the most immediate remedy that can be used to comfort eyes instantly. What you have to do is wash your eyes with cold water every day on a regular basis. It removes dust particulates from the eyes and help keep it clean. When it is clean, it will not face any problem.
12.) Cry to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Yes, cry. You need to cry to comfort your eyes. Tears works as natural cleanser for eyes. If the pain if the pain and itchiness in eyes are because of any dust particle then it will help a lot. It will clean it up completely.
13.) Wear Sunglasses to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Exposure to sun is one of the most common reasons of a sore and itchy eye. Just wear sunglasses before going outdoor. It not only prevents you from the sun but also from the pollution and dust particulates. So, it is good to wear glasses before going out.
14.) Optical Lenses to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Now-a-days, all the work has become computer based. From office to school, work has shifted from papers to screen. Apart from watching TV, people spend their most of the time on computers and mobile phones. Like, right now also, you are facing screen to read this article. So tackle all these situations, just go for optical lenses.
15.) Vegetable Juice to Comfort a Sore and Itchy Eye
Vegetable juice helps a lot in comforting a sore and itchy eye. Just go for healthy vegetable juice and you get rid of other eyes problems eyes well. It is better to go for carrot and spinach juice. They are really very helpful for eyes.