After writing, how to get rid of a migraine fast?, home remedies to treat pain, and how to get rid of lower back pain?, we are now writing the different remedies to cure a headache fast and naturally. Headache is a common problem and sometimes it could be a symptom of stress, lack of sleep are common causes of a headache. In this article, we will tell you the best ways to cure a headache or treat a headache. There are many pills that can treat your headache as soon as possible. But, these medicines are not safe and sound always. So it’s better to follow natural remedies to treat a headache. Below we have listed a some of the best natural remedies that will help you to cure a headache.
Best Remedies to Cure a Headache or Stop a Headache Faster:
1.) Use The Ginger
Ginger is one of the best home remedies to cure a headache. The best things is that it is readily available. It reduces the inflammation and provide a quick relief from the pain. You can use ginger in the following ways:
- Grate a ginger, squeeze the grated part to collect the juice. In a glass mix equal quantity of the lemon juice and ginger juice. Drink this solution 2-3 times a day to cure a headache. Alternatively, you can drink ginger tea with a little honey.
- Another option is, make a paste of ginger powder and spread it on the temples and forehead to get rid of a headache. Also, mix a teaspoon of ginger powder in the boiled water. Then inhale the vapor. The simplest of all is chew ginger candy. Do any of the above remedy regularly.
2.) Peppermint Oil Will Help
Another remedy to treat a headache is peppermint oil. It has menthol, that unclogged the blood vessels and gradually provides relief from the pain. In addition it has soothing and calming effects, it will distress and treat a headache from the root cause. All you need to do is:
- In a bowl mix a tbsp of almond oil, a few drops of peppermint and a tbsp of olive oil. Mix all the oil thoroughly.
- Use this oil solution to massage temples and forehead.
- Alternatively, crush some peppermint leaves, add water to it to get a thick paste. Apply this paste on your head to get rid of a headache.
- Or, heat a bowl full of water. Remove it from microwave or gas, add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to it and inhale its steam.
- Do any of the above remedies to cure a headache.
3.) Do The Cold Compress
A cold compress or ice pack can also rescue you from a headache. It reduces the inflammation, opens the clogged vessels and eventually provide a relief to the pain. All you have to do is:
- Place an ice pack or cold compress on the back of the neck. It is one of the beneficial remedies for a migraine as well.
- If you do not have cold compress then you can use a frozen vegetable bag to treat a headache. Or wrap a few ice cubes in the washcloth as an alternative to ice bag and place it on the back of the neck.
- Or, soak a washcloth in an ice-cold water. wring the excess water from the washcloth and place it on your head. Leave it on until it gets warm then change the cloth. Repeat this until you get a relief from the pain.
4.) Use The Mint Juice
Mint juice is another effective remedy to cure a headache. It also contains menthol that opens the blood vessels and elevates a headache. Stress is one of the main cause of a headache and mint juice will distress you. You can use mint juice in the following ways:
- Extract some juice from the mint leaves and apply it to the temples and forehead to get rid of a headache.
- You can also use mint tea compress to cure a headache. Place the cold compress on your forehead and relax for a few minutes. For best results you can also add coriander juice in mint juice.
5.) Apply The Lavender Oil
Lavender oil can also help to cure a headache. It has such a soothing smell that just by smelling its scent your headache will go away. It distress you and relieves the tension headache. Moreover, it is equally beneficial for treating migraine as well. All you have to do is:
- Sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil on your tissue paper or on your palm and smell it.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of lavender oil in boiled water and inhale the steam or you can add a few drops of lavender oil to your regular head oil and give a gentle head massage to yourself.
- Massage in a circular motion with your fingertips rather with palm. Do any of the or all the remedies to cure a headache.
6.) Use The Basil Leaves
Basil leaves soothe the brain, distress you and eventually your headache is treated. In addition, it has analgesic properties which make it more effective. All you have to do is:
- In a cup of boiling water, add a few leaves of basil. Brew it for some time. You can also add a tinge of honey to it. Drink this tea while it is still warm. However, it should not too hot.
- Alternatively, in a boiled filled with warm water, add a few leaves of basil or basil oil and inhale the steam. The easiest among all is, just chew a few basil leaves or you can add basil oil in your regular hair oil and give yourself a nice massage.
7.) Make Use of Cloves
Clove is also an equally beneficial remedy to cure headaches. It relaxes the muscle and provide you relief from a tension headache. All thanks to it’s pain-relieving and cooling properties, which makes it an ideal remedy for a headache. All you have to do is:
- Crush a few sticks of cloves. Put the crushed cloves in your handkerchief and smell it. Just a smell of it will relieve the pain.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of clove oil to your regular hair oil. Use this oil to massage your temples and forehead.
- Also, you can mix a tablespoon of sea salt, 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and a few drops of clove oil. Mix them thoroughly and gently rub it on your temples and forehead.
8.) Eat Some Apples
An apple a day not only keeps a doctor away totally justifies the fact that you do not need to visit a doctor, just have an apple. Apple and Apple cider vinegar both are effective for this purpose. Both of them balance the pH level of the body. This helps to treat a headache. Eat an apple regularly and sprinkle a dash of salt to it. Alternatively, in a glass of water mix a tablespoon of ACV and drink it whenever you have a headache.
9.) Make Use of Rosemary
Rosemary contains rosmarinic acid that has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that helps to cure a headache. It distress your mind and relax your nerves. It will cure your headache in no time. All you have to do is:
- Massage your forehead and temples with the rosemary oil. You can mix it in your regular hair oil.
- Alternatively, add a few rosemary leaves in a cup of boiling water. Step it for 10-12 and leave the tea at room temperature to cool and drink this 2-3 times a day. For best results you can add sage leaves in your herbal tea.
10.) Cinnamon For Headache
While the strong taste is something that many stay away from. It can eventually provide relief from a tension headache. Just follow the simple steps below and you are good to go:
- Mash up a few pieces of cinnamon and mix it with water to form a paste-like solution.
- Apply the paste on your forehead directly. Keep it there for 15 minutes and wash it off for instant relief.
11.) Acupressure to Cure a Headache
Acupressure is one of the most effective measures to treat a headache. However, it is advisable that do not perform it on your own. Ask a doctor or a skilled person to do it for you.