This article deals with the ways that are used to cure toothache. Have you ever tried to get away from your mom’s plan by acting that you have a toothache? But, what if you suffer from a toothache now? Well, toothache is a problem that can hit you anywhere and at any time. A toothache can even become a headache if not treated on time. It can arise due to many reasons like tooth filling, sensitivity, etc. Toothaches can vary from mild soreness to an awful pain in your teeth or around your jaws. There are numerous factors that can lead to toothache such as gum disease, an infection, cavities, a loose filling, an exposed tooth root, a cracked tooth and jaw joint disorder. A toothache occurs when the central region of the tooth or pulp becomes inflamed or irritated. If you have a toothache, then you should try some remedies or you can consult a dentist. In this article, we are going to discuss some methods that are used to cure a toothache.
Symptoms of a Toothache:
- Pain in tooth
- Cold and hot sensitivity
- Swelling around a tooth
- Bleeding around a tooth or gums
- Fever or a headache
Causes of a Toothache:
- Gum disease
- An abnormal bite
- Grinding teeth
- Tooth eruption
Best Remedies to Cure a Toothache:
- Best Remedies to Cure a Toothache:
- 1.) Garlic to Cure a Toothache Fast
- 2.) Warm Salt Water to Cure a Toothache Fast
- 3.) Painkiller to Stop a Toothache Fast
- 4.) Asafetida to Avoid a Toothache
- 5.) Onion to Cure a Toothache Infection
- 6.) Cloves to Cure a Toothache at Home
- 7.) Pepper and Salt to Get Rid of a Toothache Fast
- 8.) Guava Leaves to Treat Toothache Naturally
- 9.) Wheat-Grass Juice to Cure a Toothache Infection
- 10.) Ice Cubes to Treat a Toothache Fast
If you have a toothache, then there are many methods to cure a toothache. Follow these methods which are described below:
1.) Garlic to Cure a Toothache Fast
Using garlic will give you an instant relief from pain. As it has medicinal and antibiotic properties that can be effective in reducing the pain.
Steps to Use Garlic to Ease a Toothache Naturally:
- Combine a crushed garlic clove with some black salt or some table salt.
- Apply this solution on the affected area to reduce the pain.
- You can also chew 1 or 2 cloves of garlic to get instant relief from pain.
- Repeat this garlic remedy for a few days.
2.) Warm Salt Water to Cure a Toothache Fast
Having a glass of warm salt water helps to treat a toothache.
Steps to Use Warm Salt Water to Get Rid of a Toothache:
- Add half spoon of common salt in a glass of hot water and mix it well.
- Then, use this solution to rinse your mouth properly.
- As it will help to reduce inflammation and swelling. It also fights against bacteria that cause infection.
3.) Painkiller to Stop a Toothache Fast
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin, which provide effective and quick relief for a toothache.
- Having pain in the tooth, you are not able to eat, speak and get to sleep properly.
- Medicine will help you to get relief from pain in tooth.
- Use only prescribed dosage.
- Another effective painkiller is Tylenol.
4.) Asafetida to Avoid a Toothache
By using of asafetida, you can treat dental problems such as bleeding gums and toothaches.
Steps to Use Asafetida to Get Rid of a Toothache Fast:
- Mix a pinch of powdered asafetida and 2 tsp of lemon juice and heat it slightly.
- Apply this solution on the affected area by using the cotton pad.
- This solution will give you immediate relief from the pain.
5.) Onion to Cure a Toothache Infection
Onion is high in antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which helps to control a toothache. By killing the germs, it will give you instant relief from pain which causes an infection.
Steps to Use Onion to Get Relief from a Toothache:
- While having toothache, chew raw onion for a few minutes to get relief from pain.
- You can also put a piece of raw onion directly on the affected tooth or gum.
6.) Cloves to Cure a Toothache at Home
Cloves is very helpful home remedy to treat a toothache. Cloves have anesthetic, antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to fight infection and eliminate pain.
Steps to Use Cloves to Cure a Toothache Naturally:
- Take 2 whole cloves and grind them. Mix any vegetable oil or a little olive oil and apply it on the affected tooth.
- Another method is to rub clove oil by using a cotton ball on the sore tooth.
7.) Pepper and Salt to Get Rid of a Toothache Fast
Using salt with pepper is a good combination when your tooth becomes sensitive as both have the analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Steps to Use Pepper and Salt to Get Relief from Toothache:
- Combine equal amounts of common salt and pepper with a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and keep it for a few minutes. Do this method for several days.
8.) Guava Leaves to Treat Toothache Naturally
Guava leaves is one of the effective natural remedied for treating toothache. Fresh guava leaves have antimicrobial and analgesic properties which help to treat a toothache.
Steps to Use Guava Leaves for Toothache Treatment:
- Chew 1 or 2 guava leaves slowly until the juice starts working.
- You can also chew raw spinach leaves.
- Another method is to boil water by adding 4 to 5 guava leaves in it. Let it cool down and add some salt in it. Rinse your mouth with this solution.
9.) Wheat-Grass Juice to Cure a Toothache Infection
Wheat-grass has antibacterial properties that will fight against bacteria and relieve a toothache.
Steps to Use Wheatgrass to Prevent Toothache Naturally:
- Take some wheat-grass and blend it to extract the juice from it.
- Rinse your mouth with this juice.
- As it will help to absorb toxins from the gums and keep the infection away. You can simply chew wheat-grass.
10.) Ice Cubes to Treat a Toothache Fast
Ice cubes is one of the effective and helpful home remedies to eliminate tooth pain.
Steps to Use Ice Cubes to Get Relief from Toothache:
- Take a cotton cloth and wrap a small ice cube in it.
- Hold it for a few minutes near your aching tooth.
- An acupressure technique that can relieve pain is, to rub an ice cube between your index finger and thumb for some time.
- Before brushing your teeth, use mouthwash to clean your teeth.
- Floss your teeth to prevent toothache.
- A cup of ginger tea is also helpful to kill the pain in tooth.
- Don’t eat hard foods such as nuts, apples etc. when suffering from toothache infection.
- You can also use vanilla extract to get relief from toothache. Simply, rub it on the teeth and it will reduce the pain in tooth.
- If you are not getting relief by trying these remedies then, you need to consult a doctor.