This article is about how to cure a yeast infection. According to the report published in the medical journal, The Lancet, yeast infection is the most common type of vaginal infection. Yeast infection is caused due to overgrowth of candid albicans. Thus, it is also known as candida. Yeast infection is the type of problem which really irritating. It is caused due inflammation of vagina. Yeast infection generally affects vagina but it can affect other parts as well. One can also have yeast infection on other parts such as around dentures, lower abdomen, under the breast, beneath skin folds and nail beds. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways to cure a yeast infection. Here, we will be discussing some of the best remedies for yeast infection treatment. So, read the article and learn the best ways to cure a yeast infection.
Causes of Yeast Infection:
Basically, there is one reason for yeast infection and that is overgrowth of bacteria candid albicans. But, there are different factors that contribute to the growth of the bacteria. Here are the factors that might trigger the growth of the bacteria:
Antibiotics – Antibiotics lower the amount of lactobacillus in the vagina. Lactobacillus is a bacterium which is good for vagina health.
Pregnancy – Pregnancy can also trigger the growth rate of the bacteria.
Weak Immune System – If you have a weak immune system, then your body is not able to restrict the growth of the bacteria.
Diabetes – If your diabetes goes out of your control then that may also lead to the growth of bacteria.
Poor Eating Habits – Eating too much sugar foods can also lead to yeast infection.
Menopause – Estrogen levels decline after menopause.
Stress – Stress may also contribute to the growth of candid albicans.
Lack of Sleep – When you do not sleep properly, your body do not function properly and thus it may lead the growth of the bacteria.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
Here are the symptoms that will help you identify yeast infection:
- Burning sensations
- Pain during sex
- Thick and dark vaginal discharge. Discharge can be watery as well.
Remedies to Cure a Yeast Infection Naturally:
- Remedies to Cure a Yeast Infection Naturally:
- 1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 2.) Garlic to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 3.) Yogurt to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 4.) Boric Acid to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 5.) Coconut Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 6.) Oregano Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 7.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 8.) Olive Leaf Extract to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 9.) Calendula to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 10.) Cranberries to Cure a Yeast Infection
Here are the remedies that will help you get rid of yeast infection naturally at home. These remedies are simple and regular use of these remedies can cure a yeast infection at home. Different remedies to cure a yeast infection are:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure a Yeast Infection
This is the remedy that has been used to treat a number of health, skin and hair related problems. It can be used to treat yeast infection as well. Apple cider vinegar has properties that control the growth of bacteria. You can use it in different ways. Simply, add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water and drink it. Drinking this mixture twice daily will give you positive results. What else you can do is:
- Mix some apple cider vinegar with plain water.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area, externally.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse the area with normal water.
- Fill your bath tub with warm water.
- Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Soak yourself in the water for an hour.
- You will soon notice the difference in itching and irritation.
2.) Garlic to Cure a Yeast Infection
Garlic is high in anti-bacterial and antifungal properties and thus can be used easily to get rid of yeast infection fast at home. It is also antibiotic in nature and thus it is successful at treating yeast infection. It can be used to treat a number of problems. You can simply chew a few garlic cloves. It may cause bad breath, but is highly effective at treating yeast infection. What you have to do is:
- Take some garlic cloves and crush them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Leave it for some time and then wash off.
- Dilute some garlic oil with vitamin E.
- Also add a few drops of coconut oil to it.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Leave for some time and then wash off.
3.) Yogurt to Cure a Yeast Infection
Yogurt is counted among the best remedies for yeast infection. It has the lactobacillus that is known to control the growth of bacteria causing yeast infection. You can have a bowl of yogurt daily, but make sure that it is plain and unsweetened. You can use it in two different ways:
- Take some yogurt in a bowl.
- Dip a tampon in it and insert it in your vagina.
- Leave it for two hours.
- Do it twice a day.
- You can simply apply plain yogurt on the affected area.
- Leave it for thirty minutes and wash off.
- You can also leave it overnight.
- This will give you instant relief from the itching sensations.
4.) Boric Acid to Cure a Yeast Infection
Boric acid can also be used to get rid of yeast infection fast and naturally. It is high in antifungal and antiseptic properties that will help you treat yeast infection fast. What you have to do is:
- Take some boric acid in a bowl and dilute it with water.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the area thoroughly.
- Do it on a daily basis for two weeks.
Note: A pregnant should avoid using boric acid.
5.) Coconut Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
You can also try coconut oil to heal yeast infection. Coconut oil is high in antifungal properties that help control fungi causing yeast infection. You can simply apply coconut oil on the affected area. Apply it thrice a day for best results. What else you can do is:
- Mix together coconut oil and cinnamon oil.
- Apply it on the affected area.
6.) Oregano Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
Oregano oil has antifungal properties that help cure yeast infection fast. Along with that, it also helps boost immune system. This oil is also counted among the most effective remedies for yeast infection. You can simply take two capsules of oregano oil daily for a few weeks. You can also apply it topically. To apply it topically:
- Take some oregano oil in a bowl.
- Dilute it with olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
You can also go for tea tree oil. This is one the best remedies for yeast infection. Being high in antifungal properties, it helps cure the infection fast.
- Dilute some tea tree oil with water and apply it on the affected area.
- Apply it several times a day for best results.
Note: A pregnant should never use tea tree oil.
8.) Olive Leaf Extract to Cure a Yeast Infection
This is one of the best home remedies for yeast infection. It is high in antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. All these properties make it a perfect remedy to heal yeast infection. Olive leaf extract is a natural anti-oxidant as well. Also, it helps restore the good bacteria in you. Follow the given steps to use it treat yeast infection:
- Take some fresh olive oil leaves and finely chop them
- Put these chopped leaves to a glass jar with a lid.
- Cover the leaves in the jar with vodka.
- Cover it with the lid and store for four weeks in dark place.
- After four weeks, strain the liquid and apply on the affected area.
- Do it thrice a day for best results.
9.) Calendula to Cure a Yeast Infection
It is herb that has the potential to treat bacterial infections. Being high in anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties, it helps heal yeast infection fast. Not a many people know that this can be used as an effective remedy for yeast infection. You can use it in two different ways. You can simply drink a tea prepared with the leaves of calendula. This not only speeds up the healing process but also treats you internally. You can also go for calendula ointment or lotion. You can apply it topically as well. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take some fresh calendula leaves.
- Crush them well and apply the crushed leaves on the affected area topically.
- Repeat this method thrice a day for best results.
Note: A pregnant woman should avoid calendula leaves.
10.) Cranberries to Cure a Yeast Infection
You can also go for cranberries if you want. They are also high in anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that helps top the growth of bacteria of yeast infection. Cranberries are also used to treat urinary tract infection or any other kind of bladder infection. You should simply drink unsweetened cranberry juice. Drink it many times a day for best results. This helps speed up the healing process. If the juice is not available then you can simply go for the tablets. Cranberry tablets are easily available in the market. You can find them at natural health store. You have to consume them thrice a day.
Here are the measures that you should consider to prevent the occurrence of yeast infection:
- Avoid using deodorant pants
- Avoid wearing tights, leggings, pantyhose, and tight pants
- Avoid sitting in wet clothing
- Wear cotton and linen
- Avoid taking frequent baths, especially hot baths
- Eat yogurt
- Wash underwear
- Avoid douching
- Eat a balanced diet
You can also eat the related articles on our website how to treat yeast infection and