This article is about the remedies to cure an ear infection. Ear infection is a very common problem faced. It is caused by the actions of bacteria or virus in the middle of the ear. It hurts and is quite irritating as well. Ear infection is more common in children and babies. It is also known as ‘Otitis Media’ or chronic ear infection. Ear infection is a very common problem which is not generally diagnosed by people, as they mistake it with ear pain. In fact, it is one of the reasons of ear pain. Mistaking it with other problems, leads to improper treatment. Here in this article, we are going to learn about the necessary aspects of ear infection that would help you with the treatment. Go through the article to know about the remedies used to cure ear infection and more about it.
Symptoms of Ear Infection:
Symptoms of ear infection in children differ from that in adults. So, we will discuss about both.
Symptoms of Ear Infection in Children Are:
- Trouble in sleeping
- Tugging at the ears
- Unusual crying
- Fluid drainage from the ears
- Hearing problems
Symptoms of Ear Infection in Adults Are:
- Terrible pain in the ear
- Swelling of the middle ear
Cause of Ear Infection:
- Accumulation of wax
- Food allergies
- Environmental allergies
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Upper respiratory infection
- Nutritional deficiency
- Internal injury
Methods to Cure an Ear Infection:
It is important to consult a doctor when you see the symptoms of ear infection. But, to get immediate relief from the pain, you can try some of the remedies. Here are some remedies that you can use to cure an ear infection.
1.) Garlic to Cure an Ear Infection
Garlic, because of its anti-microbial properties, is great at treating ear infection. It is great at combating pain. You can directly have 2-3 garlic cloves. Or can heat 2-3 garlic cloves in some mustard oil and use it as an ear drop after straining it. There is one more way to use it.
- Take three garlic cloves and boil them in water.
- Now crush the garlic and add some salt to it.
- Take a clean cotton cloth and keep the crushed garlic in that.
- Tie it tightly and place it on the ear.
2.) Salt to Cure an Ear Infection
Salt is the most easily available remedy for curing any of the problems. It is equally important with an ear infection as well. What you have to do is prepare a tiny heat bag using salt. And, for the purpose:
- Take a cup of salt and heat it doe a few minutes.
- You can also use the microwave for the purpose.
- Now, take a clean cloth and put the salt in that cloth.
- Tie it tightly and place it on the ear for around 10 minutes.
- Use it daily and you will see the difference.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure an Ear Infection
Apple cider vinegar is the richest element of all. It has been used for curing most of the problems. It is very helpful in treating the ear infection as well. What you have to do is:
- Take one part of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it with equal amount of alcohol.
- Now soak a cotton ball in it.
- Now put that cotton ball in your ear and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Now lay down on the other side so that the solution is properly utilized.
- After that, dry your ear.
4.) Mango Leaves to Cure an Ear Infection
Mango leaves are very efficient in curing the earache caused by the infection. You have to extract the juice from the mango leaves and use it as ear drops.
- Take some mango leave sand crush them well to extract the juice.
- Now take the extracted juice and heat it.
- Use a dropper to put the drops in the ear.
- Two drops will be sufficient.
- You will see the difference.
5.) Onion to Cure an Ear Infection
Onions are also great at treating an ear infection. You do not have to put much efforts to utilize the virtues of the onion. Follow the steps:
- Take and onion and chop it well.
- Now heat it in the microwave for not more than two minutes.
- Take it out and allow it to cool for some time.
- Now extract the juice and put two drops in the ear.
- In this way you will get rid of the pain.
6.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure an Ear Infection
Tea tree toil has the properties of mid antibacterial and thus it is great at treating the ear infection. You have to use it with different oils to make an ear drops.
- Take three drops of teat tree oil and mix it in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Also add 1 tsp of each colloidal silver and apple cider vinegar.
- Now lay down on the opposite of the affected ear and put two drops of above prepared solution with the help of a dropper.
- Now, allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn on the other side to remove the solution.
7.) Basil to Cure an Ear Infection
Basil leaves are very rich in various properties and thus are very useful at treating many problems. It is equally efficient with an ear infection. You can crush a handful of basil leaves and apply the extracted juice on the infected ear. What else you can do is prepare a mixture using basil juice and coconut oil.
- Take some basil leaves juice and coconut oil.
- Mix them well to make a fine solution.
- Now apply the solution around the infected area, both internally and externally.
- Repeat it twice a day.
8.) Olive Oil to Cure an Ear Infection
Olive oil or mustard oil is equally important in removing the wax from the ear. Accumulation of wax leads to the functioning of bacteria and fungus. Warm olive oil or mustard oil helps soften the wax and makes it easy to be removed.
- Heat some olive oil or mustard oil.
- Now put two drops in the ear.
- When it gets soften, remove the wax using a wax.
9.) Heating Pad to Cure an Ear Infection
The heating pad is very effecting getting rid of the ear pain caused by the ear infection. It also softens the wax. Keep the heating pad on the infected ear and it will help with the pain. You can also opt for a warm water bottle. Or, boil some water and dip a cloth in the water and apply it on the infected area.
10.) Mullein Drops to Cure an Ear Infection
Mullein Drops are very efficient in treating the ear infection. It is a wild flower pant used for various purposes.
- Take half cup of water and boil it.
- Put some mullein flower in the boiling water.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now add 1 tbsp of mullein tea and same amount of olive oil to it.
- Put one drop of prepared mixture in the ear.
- You can also buy it from the market if you do not wish to prepare it.