Nausea is a common problem that can be experienced by every person at some time. Nausea is a condition where you feel that something is wrong in the body due to which you feel vomiting sensation. There are a variety of situations in which nausea occurs, but it commonly arises during pregnancy. Are you tensed about how to cure nausea? Don’t be panic, it is not a big problem, you can easily get rid of nausea. In this article, you will deal with some treatments to cure nausea.
Nausea is also known as “being sick to your stomach”. Nausea is a feeling of upset stomach or uneasiness in the stomach due to which you need to vomit. And vomiting is throwing up harmful substances from the stomach. Nausea is a symptom of a variety of health problems such as acid reflux, dehydration, motion sickness, sunstroke, a migraine, heartburn, stomach disorder, food poisoning and many infectious illnesses. Nausea can be treated easily with some treatments.
Symptoms of Nausea:
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling of being sick to your stomach.
Causes of Nausea:
There are so many reasons that cause nausea. Some of them are:
- Intense pain
- Motion sickness
- Induced vomiting
- Emotional stress
- Infection in stomach
- Brain tumor
Best Remedies to Cure Nausea:
Nausea can be treated easily by following these methods:
1.) Clove to Cure Nausea Fast & Naturally
Clove is an excellent nausea fighting spice. As it has soothing and aromatic properties, clove is very beneficial to cure nausea symptoms. It can also be used for pregnancy-related nausea and morning sickness.
Steps to Use Clove to Cure Nausea During Pregnancy:
- Boil a cup of water and add 1 tsp of clove powder in it. Cover and steep it for 5 minutes.
- Then strain the solution. You can also add 1 tsp of honey to taste.
- Take a handkerchief and put few drops of clove oil on it.
- Inhale the smell and take deep breaths till you get positive results. You can also chew 1 to 2 cloves to get relief from nausea.
2.) Lemon Juice or Lime Juice to Treat Nausea Naturally
When you feel uneasiness in your stomach, then lemon or lime juice can be used to feel good. Take 1 tsp of lemon juice and add 1 tsp of honey in it. Lick this mixture and consume it too fast.
Steps to Use Lemon to Get Rid of Nausea Fast:
- For lime juice, take 1 cup of water and add 10 drops of lime juice, half tsp of sugar and ¼ tsp of baking soda in it.
- Drink this solution to get relief from nausea.
3.) Cold Compress to Cure Nausea Quickly
Cold compress will not treat nausea, but it will reduce dizziness. Nausea may increase your body temperature while the cold compress stabilizes your body temperature to relieve nausea symptoms.
Steps to Use Cold Compress to Prevent Nausea Fast:
- Put some ice cubes in a towel and wrap it well. Put it on the forehead, on the back of the neck for a few minutes. Soon you will feel better.
- Alternatively, dip a cotton cloth in cold water and squeeze out the excess water. Then place it on the forehead, on the neck or throat for 5 to 10 minutes to reduce the symptoms of nausea.
4.) Medication to Treat Nausea and Vomiting
If you need quick treatment, then pick up a non-prescription treatment against nausea.
- Bismuth sub-salicylate is a popular drug that is used to counter many forms of digestive upset including nausea. It will give you instant relief from nausea.
- “Anti- nausea liquid” can be available at many drug stores. By taking these drugs, you can treat nausea easily.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Nausea at Home
Apple cider vinegar is used to treat many health related problems. It is a potent remedy for nausea due to migraines, motion sickness, and food poisoning. Apple cider vinegar will help to treat many stomach-related disorders.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Nausea from Drinking:
- Take a cup of water and add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and one-half tbsp of honey in it.
- Drink this solution, when you feel uneasiness in your stomach.
6.) Cinnamon to Treat Nausea Fast & Naturally
Due to containing chemicals called catechins, cinnamon will help to relieve nausea. Also, it has soothing properties for stomach irritation and hence it helps to treat nausea which is caused by acid reflux, indigestion, gas and vomiting as well.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Get Rid of Nausea Fast:
- Boil a small piece of cinnamon stick or one-half tsp of cinnamon powder in 1 cup of water for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain this solution and add 1 tbsp of honey for sweetening. Drink this tea daily to get relief from nausea.
7.) Fennel to Cure Nausea Fast at Home
Fennel is a carminative herb that helps to treat nausea. It restricts the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract and expulsion of gas. Fennel has anesthetic properties that reduce queasiness.
Steps to Use Fennel to Prevent Nausea Naturally:
- Take 1 tsp of fennel seeds in a cup and add 1 cup of hot water to it.
- Cover and steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix a few drops of fresh lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey. Drink this tea slowly.
- Also, you must chew the fennel seeds after drinking.
8.) Cumin to Treat Nausea Fast
Cumin helps to remove digestive enzymes in the stomach that accelerate digestion and also eliminate symptoms of nausea.
Steps to Use Cumin to Cure Nausea:
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds in a cup and mix hot water in it. Cover and steep it for 5 minutes.
- Add a little nutmeg powder. Drink this tea slowly and also chew cumin seeds.
- To get quick relief from nausea, you can chew 1 tsp of dry roasted cumin seeds.
- Another method is to add one-half tsp of cumin powder in a cup of water. Drink this solution for instant relief.
9.) Peppermint to Cure Nausea Without Medicines
Due to its calming effect on the lining of the stomach peppermint helps to get rid of nausea. Peppermint has antispasmodic properties due to which it helps to cure nausea and cramping.
Steps to Use Peppermint for Nausea Treatment:
- Take 1 tsp of dried peppermint leaves in a cup and add it to hot water. Cover and steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Mix 1 tsp of honey in it. Sip this warm tea slowly.
- You can also put a drop or 2 of peppermint oil on a tissue and inhale it slowly. This will help you to feel better.
10.) Ginger to Get Rid of Nausea Naturally
Ginger is one of the best remedies for treating nausea. Ginger is effective for both chemotherapy-induced nausea and pregnancy-related nausea.
Steps to Use Ginger for Nausea Treatment:
- Grate ginger and extract 1 tsp of ginger juice and add it to a cup of boiling water.
- Strain the solution and add a little honey and lemon juice to taste. Drink this warm solution.
- An alternate method, combine one-half tsp of ginger juice, 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice, mint juice and 1 tbsp of honey. Drink this solution in every few hours until you feel good.
- You can also chew a piece of raw ginger to eliminate nausea symptoms.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated as drinking fluids helps to treat nausea.
- Breathing exercises are also helpful to get rid of nausea.
- Take proper rest to get relief from nausea.
- Drink aloe vera juice as aloe vera juice is very effective in treating nausea.
- Soda is also helpful to ease your nausea.
- Take some lemon juice and put it on an ice cube. Then, place this ice cube in your mouth and suck it.
- Take a hot water bottle and put it in your stomach. This method will ease nausea.