This article is about how to cure strep throat? Strep throat is the condition when your throat becomes sore and scratchy. It is caused due to some bacterial infection in throat. The condition is irritating as your throat hurts and it becomes difficult to swallow food. The condition is medically termed as streptococcal. This infection in the throat affects pharynx, larynx and tonsils. The class of bacteria that causes this condition is known as Group A Streptococcus. Strep throat is really an irritating condition but you can easily get rid of it at home. There are a number of remedies that you can use to cure strep throat fast at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of them. Read the article to more about strep throat and remedies to cure.
Causes of Strep Throat:
Strep throat is basically a result of bacterial infection. This bacteria is known as Streptococcus. This makes the larynx, pharynx and tonsil irritated and inflamed. It pains and you want to scratch it to get relief faster.
Symptoms of Strep Throat:
Here are the symptoms that will help you recognize strep throat:
- Redness – Your throat becomes red. Also you can notice some bumps on your tonsils. You will also notice purulent discharge on your tonsils.
- Enlarged Neck – Your neck appears enlarged and tender.
Home Remedies to Cure Strep Throat:
Strep throat is the condition that you can easily treat at home initially. There are a number of home remedies that will help you treat this problem fast and naturally. Here we are going to discuss some of the best of them.
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Strep Throat
Apple cider vinegar is the remedy that is used to treat a number of health related issues. It is great for strep throat as well. It is packed with healing properties and thus is widely to cure strep throat. Being possessed with anti-bacterial properties it helps fight off the bacteria of strep throat. Also, it helps boost immune system to fight the infection. You simply have to gargle with the solution of warm water and apple cider vinegar. Just mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle with it. What else you can do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey to it and mix well.
- Drink this solution twice a day and you will get the results with a few days.
2.) Salt Water to Cure Strep Throat
This is the simplest way to get rid of strep throat naturally at home. Gargling with salt water provide you instant relief from pain and inflammation. It leaves soothing effects on throat and it also kills the bacteria causing strep throat. Follow the simple step given below to use it:
- Take a cup of water and half teaspoon of salt to it.
- Mix it well and use this solution to gargle.
- Do it several times a day and you will notice the difference soon.
3.) Cayenne to Cure Strep Throat
Cayenne is also one of the most effective remedies used to treat strep throat at home. It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps get rid of inflammation fast. As it has anti-bacterial properties, it also fights off the growth of bacteria. Along with that, it also works as detox by removing the toxins from the body. You can use it in two different ways to cure strep throat. What you can do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and add a tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Add one-fourth teaspoon of cayenne powder to it.
- Mix it well and use this solution to gargle.
- Gargle several times a day and you will notice the difference soon.
- Take a bowl and three grated garlic cloves with one teaspoon of honey.
- Also add one-fourth teaspoon of cayenne powder to it.
- Consume this mixture every hour.
- Do not drink water immediately after consuming this mixture.
4.) Lemon to Cure Strep Throat
You can also go for lemon in order to heal strep throat fast. Being rich in vitamin C, it fights of the growth of bacteria causing strep throat. Also, it soothes throat and provide instant relief from inflammation and soreness. Using it is simple and easy. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and add a lemon juice to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey and mix well.
- Drink this at least twice a day for best results.
5.) Sage to Cure Strep Throat
This is one of the most effective home remedies for strep throat. As it is rich in antibacterial properties, it combats the growth of bacteria causing strep throat. It is highly effective at relieving pain and irritation. It also relieves inflammation. You can use it in two different ways. You can simply enjoy the tea by steeping sage leaves in cup of water. Or, you can go for other ways as well. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a cup of hot sage tea and add half lemon juice to it.
- Also add half teaspoon of salt to it.
- Gargle with this solution several times a day.
- Note: Make sure that a pregnant woman or nursing mother doesn’t use it.
6.) Garlic to Cure Strep Throat
Garlic is packed with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it relieves from inflammation and also fights off the bacteria causing the infection. Being high in sulfur content it helps boost immune system and makes body capable of fighting various infections. Also, it is high in manganese, selenium, vitamin C and B6. These contents are important for general growth. What you can do is suck on a peeled and slices garlic cloves like a candy. Keep crush it with your teeth to release juice. Repeat it several times a day for best result. What else you can do is:
- Boil a cup of water and a teaspoon of garlic cloves to it.
- Also add one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon, with a pinch of cayenne pepper, to it.
- Allow it boil for two minutes.
- Drink this warm solution twice a day for best results.
7.) Cinnamon to Cure Strep Throat
Cinnamon is also one of the most amazing remedies for sore throat treatment. Being high in anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, it fights off all the symptoms of strep throat. Along with that, it also boosts immune system of the body. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and a teaspoon of cinnamon to it.
- Steep it for ten minutes and then strain the tea.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this tea at least thrice a day until the condition improves.
8.) Chamomile to Cure Strep Throat
You can also try chamomile tea in order to get rid of strep throat fast and naturally. It has analgesic properties that help combat the symptoms of strep throat. Also, it is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties that have soothing effects on strep throat. What you have to do is enjoy a cup of chamomile tea to cure strep throat. To prepare the tea:
- Take a cup of hot water and add three teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers to it.
- Cover it with a lid and for ten minutes.
- Strain the teas and add lemon juice and honey to it.
- Drink this tea thrice a day for best results.
9.) Sunflower Oil to Cure Strep Throat
Sunflower oil removes the soreness of the throat easily and thus it provides soothing effects. You can use this oil if it is becoming difficult to speak or there is some hoarseness in your voice. What you have to do is drink a teaspoon of sunflower oil. Drink it slowly so that the throat is coated with it. Avoid drinking water immediately.
10.) Onion to Cure Strep Throat
Onion is high in anti-bacterial properties that help fight off the bacteria causing strep throat. Bing a natural antiseptic, it also speeds up the healing process. You can use it in two different ways. Simply chew a thick onion slice and swallow it slowly so that your throat absorbs its juice. Do it for the day until the condition improves.
Lifestyle Changes to Cure Strep Throat:
If you notice the symptoms of sore throat at initial stage then you can easily treat it just by bringing some lifestyle changes. Here are some of the changes that you can consider in order to get rid of strep throat.
1.) Drink Water to Cure Strep Throat
Drink plenty of water as soon as you start noticing the symptoms of strep throat. It is good to keep your throat moist. When the throat is moist, you will be able to swallow the food easily. Also, it helps prevent dehydration.
2.) Get Rest to Cure Strep Throat
You are also advised to take plenty of rest. This is because of the reason that when you sleep, your body is able to fight the infection fast.
3.) Eat Soothing Foods to Cure Strep Throat
It is very important to consume soothing food that are easy to swallow and do not cause any irritation while swallowing and digesting. You are advised to go for broths, cooked cereals, mashed potatoes, yogurt, soft fruits and eggs.
4.) Use a Humidifier to Cure Strep Throat
A humidifier will provide you a great relief as the molds and bacteria can flourish in humidifier. You can try some nasal spray to make your mucous membrane moist.
5.) Stay Away From Irritants to Cure Strep Throat
You should also stay away from irritant that can worsen the case. Irritants, like cigarette smoke, can increase infection in tonsillitis. So, stay away from such irritants. Also avoid fumes from paint and dusting.