In this article we will discuss diet plan for women. It is not a new thing to say that the weight-loss equation is mainly dependent on how much exercise you do regularly and what kind of diet you are taking. Although doing some physical activity at least 3 to 4 times a week will help you lose those extra pounds, most experts suggest that diet should be the first priority you need to change in order to get desired results. Like exercising or doing some sort of physical activity daily is important, following a proper diet plan regularly also hold equal importance. Any mismatch in this combination will reflect in your set target to lose weight.
Moreover, as women are less active physically, plus many other reason make them more prone to gain weight easily. Some of the reasons for weight gain in women are listed below.
Causes of Weight Gain
- Slower Metabolism
- Skipping breakfast
- Less muscle and more fat due to lack of physical activity.
Furthermore, following a diet plan is not only essential for losing weight, but also for living a healthy and happy life. One of the most important things to consider when following a diet plan is to have patience to see change in your appearance and health. If you follow it regularly and with dedication, you will definitely start noticing changes in yourself. But, for some, results may vary and may also take a lot of time. So, patience and dedication are the keys to open the door for “New You”.
Through this article, we will suggest you what you should do and what you should avoid to make your diet plan a success. Below we have made a list of things and food to include in your daily routine.
Time to Make Some Change
Most of us have eating habits that we have been following since we were kids. For example, pizza or burger once a week, a bowl of favorite ice-cream after dinner or a sweet treat to reward ourselves. Though we have grown older, but these habits are still in us like an addiction. Such habit or lifestyle is needed to be changed in order to successfully lose or maintain weight.
Re-Evaluate Your Diet
An ideal starting point is to revise your diet and make the below listed changes accordingly.
- Record: Make a record of whatever you eat in a food book. Be fully honest with yourself, cheating here won’t get you anywhere.
- Small Portion: Eat smaller portion of meals, more often. It will help enhance your metabolism rate.
- Low Carbs: Go for for low-GI carbohydrates, for example sweet potato, pasta and whole grain bread.
- Water: Drink lots of water – minimum 8 glasses a day to maintain hydration level in your body.
- Labels: Make a habit of reading food labels. Focus on grams of nutrients and not on the percentages.
- Fat Proportion: Consume less than or equal to 30% of your kilojoule intake in the form of fat. Avoid saturated fat (from sources like dairy and meat) but don’t forget to include healthy fats, such as Omega-3.
- Treat: Don’t say NO to yourself for the occasional treat. But, avoid chocolate and lollies readily available.
Rules Which Are Not To Be Broken
The diet plan mentioned here is made to help you change your eating habits. For best results, follow the rules strictly without breaking them. Here are the rules:
- Avoid alcohol completely for the period of the 2 weeks,
- Drinking tea, coffee and diet soft drinks are acceptable, but limit yourself to a maximum 2 a day.
- Do not skip meals.
Make Some Things a Part of You
Reducing weight can be difficult, so it’s necessary to include some necessary equipment and advice to help you keep on track. Here are a few things which may help:
- Water: Always keep a water bottle with you. Sometime, our body can mistake hunger for thirst, so don’t make any excuse to reach for a chocolate bar. Better to keep a water bottle always with you.
- Study and Research: Buy some inexpensive fitness equipment, for example free weights, a pedometer, a skipping rope and some of your favorite sports tool like boxing gloves, cycle, basketball or anything which you like. Go through some fitness mags for ideas and inspiration.
- Realistic: Be Original! Set achievable targets which are hard to get, but are real. With a lot of determination and patience, you will surely get the body you’ve always wished for.
Diet Plan for Women
Here is the weekly diet plan which you need to follow. The more you stick to this diet, the fast you will lose weight.
1.) Monday Diet Plan for Women
- 1 Wholegrain toast topped with sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese.
- 1 Apple
- 200 grams of low fat yogurt.
- 1 Wholemeal pita wrap packed with 100 grams of lean turkey breast, rocket and cranberry sauce.
- 1 Handful Brazil nuts
- 90 grams of roast beef with 1 teaspoon gravy.
- ½ Cup of pumpkin.
- 4 Steamed asparagus
2.) Tuesday Diet Plan for Women
- ½ cup of natural muesli with ½ cup of low-fat milk.
- Celery capsicum and carrot spears with low-fat hommus
- 100 grams of tuna (in springwater) with lettuce, tomato, 10 grams of ricotta on 2 pieces of rye bread.
- 1 glass of low-fat protein shake.
- 100 grams lean pork and vegetable stirfry.
- Serve it with ½ cup of cooked Basmati rice (long grain rice).
3.) Wednesday Diet Plan for Women
- 2 slices of sourdough.
- 1 slice with honey and other with vegemite.
- 200 grams of low-fat yogurt.
- 100 grams of grilled chicken breast salad with tomato, rocket and snow peas.
- Dress it with Balsamic vinegar and a dash of olive oil.
- 2 Ryvitas with low-fat hommus or cottage cheese.
- 80 g grilled salmon marinated in honey, soy and garlic.
- Serve it with ½ cup of cooked Basmati rice (or long grain rice) and steamed greens.
4.) Thursday Diet Plan for Women
- ½ Cup of All Bran cereal with ½ cup of skim milk.
- 1 Cup of mixed berries.
- 80 grams of chickpeas
- 100 grams of tuna in spring water.
- Capsicum and cucumber salad
- 200 grams of low-fat yogurt
- 100 grams or lightly fried kangaroo with sweet potato mash and steamed veggies.
- Avoid butter
5.) Friday Diet Plan for Women
- 2 Hi bran Weetbix with ½ cup of skim milk.
- 1 cup of fruit salad
- Vegetable soup.
- Keep a check on calories by choosing a low-fat pre-made option.
- 200 grams of low-fat yogurt.
- 2 Egg mushroom, ricotta and spinach omelette.
- 1 rye roast
6.) Saturday Diet Plan for Women
- 2 egg omlette with mushrooms, spinach and tomato.
- 2 Ryvita topped with cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- 70 grams of chicken breast.
- ¼ Avocado
- 20 grams of low-fat semi-dried tomatoes plus wholegrain dinner roll.
- 1 Glass of low-fat protein shake.
- 100 grams of overbaked lamb racks with 1 ½ cups of roast Veggies and wholegrain mustard.
7.) Sunday Diet Plan for Women
- 1 Cup of Bircher Muesli with a handful of prunes
- 2 small peaches
- 1 Wholegrain Mountain Bread filled with alfalfa.
- 80 grams of lean ham
- 50 grams of cheese.
- 1 Piece of fruit toast.
- 1 Greek salad with 20 grams of low-fat fetta.
- 1 Serve veal cutlet on sweet potato mash without butter.