In this article we will discuss different uses and benefits of essential oil. Essential oils are concentrated solution which contains aroma composite prepared from different plant. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils, ethereal oils or oil from the plant. There are many types of essential oil available in the market. These essential oils area prepared through different process like distillation through steam, solvent extraction process and other process. Essential oil is an important ingredient used in perfumes, soaps, cosmetics, chewing gum, candies, drinks, foods, etc. Apart from such usage essential oil plays a major role in medicinal purposes as well. It is used for ailments such as skin treatment, breathing issues and even cancer. Some of the examples of essential oils are sandalwood oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, basil oil, coconut oil, cedarwood oil and many others. Below we have listed some of the best uses of essential oils, which you can imply for yourself to get their benefits.
Various Essential Oil Uses and Benefits:
- Various Essential Oil Uses and Benefits:
- 1.) Use Essential Oil to Ease Your Stress
- 2.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Headache
- 3.) Benefits of Essential Oil as Insect Repellent
- 4.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Insomnia Naturally
- 5.) Use Essential Oil to Ease Dizziness
- 6.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Acne
- 7.) Use Essential Oil to Cure Stomach Problems
- 8.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Earache
- 9.) Use Essential Oil to Get Rid of Sunburn
- 10.) Use Essential Oil to Heal Minor Injuries
1.) Use Essential Oil to Ease Your Stress
The most extensive use of essential oils is to encourage emotional well-being. It is very helpful for reducing stress and promoting calmness and relaxation. Essential oils positively influence our emotions because of the smell receptors connects to the brain’s limbic system. The brain’s limbic system is responsible for memory, emotions and sexual arousal. Some of the essential oils mainly effective for stress relief are listed below.
Essential Oil Benefits for Dealing Stress:
- Chamomile essential oil prevents stress caused due to mental anxiety. It also helps in treating paranoia and feelings of hostility.
- Frankincense essential oil for its warm and exotic aroma to stress alleviating properties.
- Rose oil is another popular essential oil for reducing stress. It also helps relieve depression and grief.
- Lavender has calming, sweet floral scent. It helps in relaxing and balancing both physical and emotional levels.
2.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Headache
Essential oils are quite effective in alleviating minor headaches. These oil provides relaxation and helps sooth nerves causing pain. Here is the method to use essential oil for relieving tension and headaches.
- Dilute the oil before applying on the concerned area.
- Then, apply the oil on forehead, temples and behind neck.
- Rub the oil onto your skin in circular motions. Also inhale the smell deeply.
- Lavender, ginger and peppermint are some of the best essential oils for headache treatment.
3.) Benefits of Essential Oil as Insect Repellent
Lemon eucalyptus essential oil is useful in getting rid of insects in and around your house. Many insects repellent available in the store contain harsh chemicals. They have unpleasant smell and are irritating to your skin.
- Dilute lemon eucalyptus oil before using. It helps keep the bugs at bay.
- Mix the oil with any base oil and apply it to skin directly.
- Other than that, you can even keep the oil in a diffuser or burner close to an open window.
4.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Insomnia Naturally
Essential oil is also very helpful in treating insomnia condition. Lavender, Clary sage, and roman chamomile essential oils are some of the essential oils are effective in insomnia treatment. Although these essential oils may not cure insomnia or its main cause, but using such calming and soothing essential oils before going to bed helps you fall asleep easily and faster. Thus, preventing insomnia symptoms.
- Whiff some essential oil before going to bed.
- You can even dilute a sufficient amount of any essential oil in water to spray it in your room.
5.) Use Essential Oil to Ease Dizziness
Essential oils can help significantly in alleviating signs of dizziness related to vertigo. Peppermint oil is such example of essential oil for treating dizziness. It has also been quite effective in getting rid of nausea and vertigo. This is because it has menthol, methyl esters, and menthone that are responsible for generating peppermint’s cooling and minty effect.
- To treat dizziness, take a few drops of peppermint oil on a handkerchief and inhale deeply.
- Cypress, Clary sage, lavender, ginger are other essential oils that help relieve dizziness.
6.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Acne
Essential oils can also be used as an effective home remedy to treat acne and pimple problems. These are good alternative against the harsh chemicals present in various acne creams and prescription medicines.
- Add 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tsp of Aloe Vera gel. Mix them well.
- Apply the mixture to affected area using your fingertips.
- Store the unused mixture in a sealed container in the fridge and use it within 1 week.
7.) Use Essential Oil to Cure Stomach Problems
A peppermint essential oil is quite effective in soothing an upset stomach. Peppermint tea is a much popular home remedy to soothe an upset stomach. Same way, peppermint essential oil can also be used to alleviate nausea and different digestive issues like burning sensation in stomach, indigestion etc.
- Dilute peppermint oil with any carrier oil and massage the mixture on your tummy to treat stomach pain.
- Peppermint oil when taken orally is very effective in alleviating symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Ginger, nutmeg and spearmint are other essential oils that help cure stomach issues.
8.) Use Essential Oil to Treat Earache
Another quality of essential oils is that it helps treat earache issue as well. Applying essential oils help naturally cure ear infection. It also helps alleviate any soreness allied with them. These oils are not to be applied inside of the ear. Tea tree essential oil is one of the examples of essential oils for treating earaches.
- Apply the oil on the neck and at the back the affected ear.
- Add 3 to 5 drops of tea tree essential oil in 1 teaspoon of any carrier oil.
- Massage on the back of the ear and around the neck.
9.) Use Essential Oil to Get Rid of Sunburn
Some essential are quite useful for treating sunburns. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties and pain-relieving properties, essential oils are quite powerful in treating burnt mark. Lavender essential oil is one of the best essential oils for sunburn treatment.
- Mix the oils with a little Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply directly on the burn. Leave it to get absorbed.
- Regular application will help get rid of sunburn marks fast.
10.) Use Essential Oil to Heal Minor Injuries
Treating minor injuries with essential oils is another quality of essential oil. Tea tree oil, lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, and other essential oils are easily available to treat minor injuries like razor burns, or any bug bites. This is due to their fine antibiotic properties.
- For minor injuries, clean the area first and check that the wound is not bleeding.
- After that, apply a little amount of oil to the affected area.
- Repeat the process 2-5 times in a day until the injury cures completely.
- A cold compress to the wound after the application helps reduce swelling and bleeding.