In this article we will discuss different exercises to lose weight at home. There are three things you need to follow in order to lose weight fast – Proper diet, a fixed routine, and Exercise. These three things plays an important role to lose weight. Firstly, a proper diet will help you to prevent the accumulation of fat in your body. Secondly, sticking to a proper routine (which includes diet, sleep, exercise and other body function) will help to keep you on the track of losing weight and having a healthy lifestyle. Thirdly, doing exercise is a must to reduce the stored fat and for losing weight. Exercising will not only help in reducing weight, but also help to have a healthy body and mind. For living a healthy and active life, a few minutes exercise is a must for every person. You can either join a gym in your local area or you can follow below mentioned exercises to lose weight at home. Going to gym is a time-consuming activity and may not be affordable for everyone. You can spend this money on your diet by exercising at home only. In this article, you will see some of the best exercises to lose weight at home. Before that, let us know the reasons and indication of weight gain.
Causes of Increased Weight
- Eating in excess
- Poor lifestyle
- Lack of physical activities
- Alcohol consumption
- Slow metabolism
Symptoms of Increased Weight:
- Lack of sleep
- Increased appetite
- Accumulation of fat in the body
- Swelling in the face, abdomen, arms, legs and thighs
- Vision changes
- Difficulty in breathing
Different Exercises to Lose Weight at Home Fast
1.) Push Up to Lose Weight At Home Fast
Push-up is one of the most simple exercises to lose weight at home. It is a basic exercise, which is done by just lifting and lowering your body with the help of the arms and shoulder support. Here are the steps to do it.
Directions to Perform Push Up Exercise:
- Push-ups exercise is done by keeping your hands on the ground right under your shoulders. At the same time keep your body in a straight line.
- Now, lower your body by bending elbows and raising back into the starting position.
- If you find this exercise difficult, you can start by touching your knees on the ground for the first few days till you get used to it.
- This exercise focuses on the muscles of the upper body like chest, back, shoulders and arms.
2.) Leg Lift Exercise to Reduce Weight at Home Fast
Leg list exercise is one of the best exercises to lose weight at home. This exercise focuses on your legs and abdomen region. It helps improve your metabolism which make you lose more calories with one exercise. Here are the steps to perform it.
Directions to Perform Leg Lift Exercise:
- In the leg lift exercise, just lie down on the ground (or an exercising mat) facing upwards.
- Hold your legs close to each other. Raise them straight up and bring them closer to your abdomen.
- Lower your legs down, wide them out in the opposite direction and take them up to your abdomen.
- Again, as you put them down, bring them closer and raise them up.
- Repeat this process for 30 seconds.
- As you progress, you will feel the heat in your abdomen region.
3.) Squat Exercise to Lose Weight at Home Fast
Squats is another excellent exercise to lose body fat fast. You don’t need anything specific to perform this exercise. Even if you don’t want to lose weight, you can work out this exercise to tone your hips and thighs. This exercise is very useful for girls to make their lower body firm and attractive.
Directions to Perform Squat Exercise:
- In this exercise, you bend your knees close to the heels and thighs parallel to the ground.
- Although, it is a complete body workout, but it mainly focuses on hips and legs.
- You may find this exercise a little difficult in starting. So, for first few days, try exercising the same by sitting on a chair and getting back up.
- Increase the repetition when get used to it.
4.) Inverted V Pipe Exercise to Get Rid of Fat Fast
Inverted V pipe exercise is one of the best exercises to get rid of fat from the abdomen area. This exercise focus more on the arms, core and the lower back. Here are the steps to do it.
Directions to Perform Inverted V Pipe Exercise:
- In this exercise, you should lie down on the ground facing towards the ground.
- Keep your toes on the ground, it will help you to get a smooth movement of your body.
- Rest your hands on the floor and try to balance your body on just the toes and hands.
- Bring your legs close to your body, making an inverted V position this way.
- Move your legs away from your hands by drawing them backward.
- Drag and move forward your legs in and out for half-minute.
5.) Superman Exercise to Lose Weight at Home
Superman exercise is a powerful exercise to lose belly fat. This exercise focus more on your thighs and lower back. To do this, below are the steps.
Directions to Perform Superman Exercise:
- Lie and face towards the ground.
- Stretch your body on the floor by placing your hands and legs in a straight line.
- Now, raise your chest and thighs, while balancing yourself on the abdomen.
- Try to keep yourself as straight as possible during this exercise.
- This exercise is quite helpful to tone your abdomen region.
6.) Plank Crawling Exercise to Lose Weight at Home
Plank exercise is not as simple as it may see. It is among the best exercise to strengthen your core muscles. There are different plank exercise variation, one of them is a plank crawling. This exercise focuses on your abdomen, shoulders, and back. To do this exercise, follow below mentioned steps.
Directions to Perform Plank Crawling Exercise:
- Start in a push-up position, then lower your body down into the plank position with the support of your elbows, forearms and toes.
- Now, try balancing yourself on single arm and get back to your starting position.
- Repeat this movement by switching the arm.
- Remember to maintain a straight body all the time, while performing this exercise.
- You may find it difficult in starting so you can lower your knees to the ground in startinf for a few days.
7.) Walking Lunges to Lose Weight at Home Fast
Walking Lunges is one of the most power-loaded exercises. This exercise helps to strengthen muscle in and around hips and thighs. It is very effective exercise for obesity treatment.
Directions to Perform Walking Lunges Exercise:
- Start with standing straight with your legs at a distance.
- Now, take a step forward with your left foot and land on your right knee and then on the front part of the foot.
- Remember to keep your thighs bent parallel to floor.
- Stand on the onward leg with the support of the back leg.
- Switch the leg and do this again.
- When you start finding this exercise easy to do, hold a pair of dumbbells in both your hands.
8.) Side Plank Exercise to Lose Weight at Home
Side plank is the other best plank exercise for weight loss. This exercise helps build a strong core. This exercise mainly targets muscles of your legs, side and back.
Directions to Perform Side Plank Exercise:
- Start this exercise lying with the support of your elbow placed right underneath your shoulder.
- Raise your hips off the ground by balancing your body with the forearm and placing your legs piled on top of one another on the ground.
- Hold your body balanced for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Then slowly lowering down your hips onto the floor.
- Repeat the same movement by switching sides.
9.) Bridge Exercise to Lose Weight at Home
Bridge exercise helps toughen the complete abdominal region, lower back and the hamstrings. It is known to be a basic exercise, which helps to improve spinal balance. It is another very effective exercise for weight loss.
Directions to Perform Bridge Exercise:
- To do this exercise lie down on the ground facing upward and arms by your sides.
- Now, fold your knees and lift your hips off the ground and at the same time keeping your back straight and feet on the floor.
- Make sure your hips are straight to your knees and shoulder.
- Repeat the same exercise for a few minutes.
10.) Skipping Exercise to Lose Weight Home Fast
One of the most useful and simple exercises to lose weight is skipping rope. Skipping is a simple, easy and very entertaining exercise. This exercise targets thighs and stomach mainly.
Directions to Do Skipping Exercise:
- Hold skipping rope and start skipping for 30 seconds.
- Start with normal jumps for the first 20 seconds and after that go more rigorously.
- Jump with both legs and you will start sweating.
- Try to keep your body straight, while exercising.
- Do this exercise in the morning on an empty stomach.
- However if you want, you can drink water 1 hour before skipping to help flush out wastes and toxins.
- Skipping can help you to lose weight faster.