Sometimes you feel restless, sleepless or unable to sleep properly. This happens due to various problems like exams, relationships, illness, medicinal effects and some other problems. Due to sleep disorder you are not able to work properly or you feel lethargic. In such condition, you need to learn some ways for how to fall asleep fast. Here are some remedies to get rid of a sleep disorder or to fall asleep fast.
Enjoying a good sleep is good for your overall health. A good and better sleep will make you happy, strengthen your immune system, make your skin glow, keep your brain sharp and lower your high blood pressure. If you are having problem during sleep, then you need to follow some methods which are given below.
Symptoms of Sleep Disorders:
- Weight gain
- Lack of concentration
- Not able to do work
Causes of Sleep Problems or Sleep Disorders:
- Physical problems like pain or any other illness.
- Environmental issues
- Some medications like anti-depressents.
Best Remedies to Fall Asleep Fast:
If you are waking a lot and not able to sleep properly, then these remedies will help you to fall asleep fast.
1.) Meditation to Fall Asleep Fast
Meditation is very helpful for overall health. It also helps to fall asleep fast.
You Need to Follow Some Instructions:
- When you are lying on the bed, relax your muscles.
- Now take slightly smaller inhalation that should be 5 to 10 % less than your usual inhalation.
- Then, immediately relax your all body muscles, especially the upper chest.
- Again inhale slowly and relax your body completely.
- Do this procedure for a few minutes, then you will notice that you are able to be fall asleep.
2.) Set the Right Temperature to Fall Asleep Fast
- Temperature is also the factor for sleepiness.
- If your room is too warm, then you feel sweaty and if it is too cold you started shivering.
- Prefer a range between 60 and 73 degrees F.
- A slightly chill temperature is good for your sleep as it helps to reduce your body’s internal thermometer. So, setting the right temperature will help you to get rid of sleep disorder.
3.) Warm Milk to Fall Asleep Fast
- Researchers indicate that there is a psychological effect that makes you want to sleep fast.
- Having warm milk one hour before going to bed is the best way to fall asleep fast.
- So you should drink a glass of warm milk daily for better sleep.
- Drinking warm milk is one of the best home remedies for treating sleep disorder.
4.) Reading a Book to Get Rid of Sleep Disorder
- Reading a book is a wonderful and effective way to reduce stress as well as it relaxes your mind.
- As per your choice, read a book before bedtime for some time.
- Don’t try to read action or horror books as these have the opposite effect.
- You will feel sleepy while reading a book.
- Try to read a book daily to fall asleep instantly.
5.) Take a Warm Shower Bath to Get Proper Sleep
- Taking a warm or steamy shower is beneficial for you because it helps to decrease your temperature, which makes you sleepy.
- Also, it slows down your heart rate, digestion and other metabolic processes. So before going to bed take a warm bath daily.
6.) Set the Mood for Better Sleep
- At least half an hour before bedtime your room lights should be dim.
- Turn off lights, extra noises and distractions.
- Then turn on a fan and listen to instrumental music as it makes you feel sleepy.
- Make this a routine, it will really help you to sleep fast.
7.) Good Mattress to Fall Asleep Fast
- Your mattress should be comfortable for good sleep.
- Choose the right mattress for your body.
- 90% of mattresses contain toxic chemicals which are not good for your health.
- So organic mattresses are available in the market.
- Purchase a good quality of mattresses to get sleep better.
8.) Natural Sleep Supplements to Fall Asleep Fast
- Take natural sleep supplements such as passionflower, valerian and melatonin.
- And these supplements are available in a tea or in tablets.
- Don’t take these supplements on a regular basis.
- If you have had sleepless nights, then these supplements will help you to get the sleep.
9.) Chamomile Tea to Fall Asleep Fast
- Chamomile tea is one of the best home remedies to get better sleep.
- Chamomile is a caffeine free tea has a calming effect which helps you to sleep better.
- Take some dried leaves of chamomile and put it into hot water.
- Then boil it properly.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea daily one hour before bedtime.
10.) Get Some Sunshine to Fall Asleep Fast
- Always start your day with the exposure of natural light that is sunlight.
- It works as body’s alarm.
- It also maintains your body’s cortisol and melatonin levels.
- To get sunshine go for a morning walk daily that will help you to get sleep faster at night.
11.) Magnesium Food or Supplements to Fall Asleep Fast
- Lack of magnesium can lead to sleepless nights.
- Including magnesium rich food in your diet will help you to sleep better.
- Eat magnesium rich food like nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, fish, beans, yogurt and more.
- You can also take 500 mg of magnesium supplements daily.
12.) Use Essential Oils to Fall Asleep Fast
- Massaging with oils like lavender, chamomile, almond and coconut oil is a way to promote your body to wind down.
- Take few drops of any of these oils and massage your body parts.
- This remedy will surely help you to sleep fast.
13.) Make Yourself Comfortable to Fall Asleep Fast
- Don’t wear tight or uncomfortable clothes like denim, hair bands and socks.
- As they prevent you from going to sleep.
- So always wear comfortable clothes to get sleep better.
- You should pee before going to bed as constant pee will prevent you from sleep.
14.) Workout in the Morning to Fall Asleep Fast
- Doing exercise early in the morning, as the rush of endorphins makes you feel better after a solid workout.
- After completing your exercise session, you will feel great as you can easily sleep at night.
- So make a habit of doing some cardio exercise or aerobics early in the morning.
15.) Avoid Alcohol and Smoking to Sleep Fast
- Drinking alcohol and smoking is not good for your health as well as it prevents you fall asleep.
- As nicotine is present in a cigarette, which may lead to sleep disturbances at night.
- So don’t drink alcohol and avoid smoking to fall asleep fast.
Other Useful Tips:
- Avoid caffeinated drinks and smoking.
- Don’t eat heavy and spicy food in dinner.
- Follow a regular sleeping schedule.
- Do some stretching exercises and yoga before bedtime.
- Close your eyes and take deep breath for 10 minutes to get better sleep.