This article will help you to know the variety of foods high in vitamin A. Nutrients, proteins, vitamins, calcium, etc. are required to maintain a healthy balance in functioning of the body. If there are imbalance of any vitamins, nutrients, calcium you may suffer from any kind of health related issue. Therefore, the intake of proper food that includes fruits, vegetables, pulses, animal products will keep you healthy. Vitamin A is also one of the nutrients that help your organs to function well. It is a fat-soluble Vitamin that helps in various functions of the body. Vitamin A is responsible for good vision, bone health, immune system, skin, growth and working of cells. There are two Types of Vitamin A, one called “Preformed Vitamin A” that is found in animal foods. While the other is called “Pro-Vitamin A” that is found in plant foods. And once you suffer from Vitamin A deficiency you may suffer from various issues. The main problem that will be faced if diagnosed with Vitamin A deficiency is blindness and viral infection. But if over consume Vitamin A sources then also you might face problems. That includes loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, hair loss. So, in order to maintain a healthy body with proper Vitamin A sources here’s a list of foods for consumption.
List of Foods High in Vitamin A (With Benefits):
- List of Foods High in Vitamin A (With Benefits):
- 1.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Tuna Fish
- 2.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Dark Leafy Greens
- 3.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Sweet Potatoes
- 4.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Carrots
- 5.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Romaine Lettuce or Cos
- 6.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Cantaloupe Melon
- 7.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Squash
- 8.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Apricots (Dried)
- 9.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Red Peppers
- 10.) Food High in Vitamin A include Papaya
1.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Tuna Fish
Tuna fish is among the animal food that is high in Vitamin A. It is consisted of the mineral called selenium that helps as an antioxidant to in your body. If you are a Seafood lover then, you can definitely add tuna fish into your diet. The cooked tuna fish will prove to be beneficial for you. Besides tuna, you can also opt for mackerel and oysters which are also rich in Vitamin A.
Benefits of Tuna Fish:
- Balances your blood pressure.
- It reduces triglycerides.
- Prevents from heart disease.
- Reduces the risk of obesity.
- Prevents from the risk of strokes.
2.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Dark Leafy Greens
Green vegetables are always good for your health. And when it comes to dark leafy vegetables, it gives you more of nutrients with its consumption. Try to have more of dark leafy vegetables in your daily diet. It will keep you away from Vitamin A deficiencies. In the list of dark leafy vegetables, you can have kale, spinach, collard, dandelion greens, etc.
Benefits of Dark Leafy Greens:
- It lowers down your cholesterol level.
- Improves your eye sight.
- It gives you energy.
- Improves bone health.
3.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are not only rich in Vitamin a but also in potassium and fiber. It is a source of vegetable that contains natural sugar that is good for health and also boost your health with low calories. It is the best source of vitamin A among the plant foods.
Benefits of Sweet Potatoes:
- Lowers the risk of diabetics.
- Reduces your blood pressure.
- Prevents from prostate cancer.
- Helps in digestion and immune system.
- Increases fertility
4.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Carrots
Carrots are the best root vegetable rich in Vitamin A. The addition of carrots into your sandwiches, salads, snacks, curries, etc. can help you overcome the deficiency of Vitamin A. Besides orange carrots there are white, purple, yellow carrots also but is not common everywhere.
Benefits of Carrots:
- It prevents you from cancer.
- Improves your eye sight.
- It slows the process of aging.
- It fights and cleanse from infection in your body.
- Keeps your heart free from heart disease.
- Keeps healthy gums and teeth.
5.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Romaine Lettuce or Cos
Romaine lettuce is easily available in the market. It contains antioxidant that proves beneficial for your body. You can easily add romaine lettuce in your diet in terms of sandwiches, salads and side dishes. Besides vitamin A it also contains iron, vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, potassium.
Benefits of Romaine Lettuce:
6.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Cantaloupe Melon
Cantaloupe melon is among the fruits that is high in vitamin A. Fruits are also a necessity to maintain a good health. And it is the fruit that has watery content and natural sugar in it. Both of which are a natural source of nutrient required for your body. Also the melon rich in vitamin C and fiber.
Benefits of Cantaloupe Melon:
- Lowers the risk of asthma.
- Treats high blood pressure level.
- Prevents from cancer.
- Keeps your body hydrate.
- Helps in digestion.
7.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Squash
Squash is the vegetable that resembles the family of pumpkins, zucchini and courgettes. Squash has a great nutritional value. It is found in variety of forms. That includes buttercup squash, cashew squash, Hubbard squash, pumpkins, etc.
Benefits of Squash:
- Improves immune system.
- Reduces Diabetes
- Keeps your lungs healthy.
- Improves bone Health.
- Improves your vision.
8.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Apricots (Dried)
The dried apricots are the ones that are rich in vitamin A. It belongs to the family of fruits, but when is dried it can seen among the dry fruits and nuts. It is also rich in potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C and iron.
Benefits of Apricots (dried):
- It prevents you from anemia.
- It treats constipation.
- Improves digestion
- Helps your skin glow.
- Good for pregnant and the lactating mother.
9.) Foods High in Vitamin A include Red Peppers
Red peppers include in everyone diet. It is rich in vitamin A and is also a good antioxidant that is a beneficial factor for consuming red peppers. Well, the red peppers are those green peppers that is ripe and changed its color into red.
Benefits of Red Peppers:
- It prevents you from anemia.
- Improves eye sight (night vision).
- Improves metabolism.
- Prevents prostate cancer.
10.) Food High in Vitamin A include Papaya
Papaya is the fruit that is available throughout the year. And adding papaya in your daily breakfast will prove healthy for you.
Benefits of Papaya:
- Keeps your liver healthy.
- It fights infections in your body.
- It prevents from lung, breast, prostate and leukemia cancers.
- Keeps your kidney healthy.