This article is about the foods that are rich in zinc. Zinc is a type of mineral that is considered to be a very important nutrient for our body. Our body contains only 2-3 grams of zinc. This trace mineral is found in skeletal bones, muscles, pancreas, teeth, hair, skin, kidney, prostate, blood cells, liver, and retina. Hence, zinc is considered to be one of the most important nutrients that our body needs to function properly. This single trace mineral provides various health benefits. It is a powerhouse for our body that can prevent various diseases and health problems. So, it is really important to eat foods that are rich in zinc to stay healthy.
Benefits of Zinc:
Here are a few benefits of zinc. They are as follows:
- It is a very helpful nutrient for our skin. It provides numerous skin benefits like curing various skin related problems like acne, eczema, and pimples. If we talk about the skin infection eczema, then it basically occurs due to the deficiency of zinc nutrient in our body. So, in such situation, it is really important to consume zinc to fight with the problem of eczema.
- This nutrient helps in healing wounds on the skin.
- This nutrient is found to be one of an essential nutrient to fight with the prostate disorder.
- It even helps in preventing severity in cold illness.
- It can prevent different infections. It also helps in losing weight by controlling appetite of a person.
- It is considered to be one of the most important nutrients for a pregnant woman. This essential mineral helps in repairing and making DNA function properly.
- This nutrient is helpful in curing night blindness and improving the vision of a person.
Zinc Deficiency Symptoms:
Unfortunately, many people don’t even know that they are zinc deficient. But, it is really important to keep an eye on the few symptoms that may help you to know that you are suffering from zinc deficiency.
- The neurological functioning of the brain gets affected adversely due to zinc deficiency. It may cause various motor and neurological disorders.
- You may face the problem of weak immunity due to zinc deficiency. Zinc is considered very important nutrient for maintaining the health of your brain. It is a basic nutrient needed for our body that contributes to maintaining a balanced mood and immune function.
- You may also suffer from the disease, diarrhea due to zinc deficiency. So, it is really important to get a proper amount of zinc to prevent this disease.
- Even chronic stress may cause zinc deficiency due to which you may suffer from adrenal fatigue. Zinc is considered to be the key factor that helps in keeping histamine in your body. It is required to store histamine in your body that contributes to different functioning. Also, remember to consume zinc in a limit. Remember, the excessive amount of histamine in your body may cause allergy.
- You may get acne and rashes due to zinc deficiency.
- You will also suffer from the problem like leaky gut due to zinc deficiency.
So, consume foods high in zinc to fight from the problems associated with zinc deficiency.
Foods that are Rich in Zinc:
- Foods that are Rich in Zinc:
Here is the list of foods that are rich in zinc. You may add these foods to your diet to get various health-related benefits from it.
1.) Kidney Beans Rich in Zinc
It is one of the best foods that are rich in zinc. Kidney beans are the plant based source of zinc, which is a good option for vegetarian people. These kidney beans provide various health benefits like making you feel full even for long periods, maintaining blood glucose level, and providing energy to your body. It even contains fiber and protein in it. So, add them to your diet and in your food list. Only 100 grams of kidney beans contain 2.79 mg of zinc that serves 127 calories to your diet.
2.) Flax Seeds Rich in Zinc and Mineral
Flax seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids and fibers and it is also considered to be a great source of zinc. You can add these amazing seeds in your diet to get several benefits from it. They can be used in your dishes and you may also sprinkle them to different recipes and dishes. You may even pour these seeds in soups and smoothies. Just 100 grams of flaxseeds contain 5 mg of zinc mineral, which serves 534 calories to your diet.
3.) Salmon Fish High in Zinc
This seafood is a rich source of zinc. It is considered to be one of the favorite dishes of non-vegetarians. It is light for your belly, less in calories and provides various nutrients to your body. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids that are considered to be one of the most important nutrients to fight from various health problems. Just 100 grams of salmon fish contain 0.64 mg of zinc mineral, which serves 208 calories to your diet.
4.) Spinach Rich Source of Zinc
This is another plant-based source of zinc which is a great option for vegetarian people. This green leafy vegetable provides various nutrients to your body like magnesium, folate, potassium, and zinc. So, add it to your diet to get various benefits from it. Just 100 grams of spinach contain 0.53 mg of zinc, which serves 23 calories to your diet.
5.) Pork Rich Source of Zinc
Though pork is one of the best foods that are rich in zinc but it is not considered to be a healthy meat. It is very high in calories and must be eaten in a limit. But, pork meat has a very high amount of zinc content inside it. It is a great meal for someone who is suffering from zinc deficiency. Go for organic pork instead of cooking lean pork. Just 100 grams of pork contain 6.72 mg of zinc, which serves 179 calories to your diet.
6.) Egg Yolk High in Zinc
Egg Yolk is one of the best sources of zinc. So, if you are only eating egg white as you don’t want to put on weight, then it is the time to think again. Egg yolk is a high source of zinc and it contain various other nutrients like vitamins K, E, A, and D. Just 100 grams of egg yolk contain 4.93 mg of zinc, which serves 322 calories to your diet.
7.) Garlic Rich Source of Zinc
Not only this herb is high in zinc, but it also contains nutrients like phosphorus, calcium, manganese, vitamin B6, selenium, and vitamin C. It contributes a lot to our health and provide various health benefits. It even contains various properties like antifungal, antibacterial and cleansing properties. It helps in maintaining the health of our heart and provides anti-cancer effects. Just 100 grams of garlic contain 1.6 mg of zinc, which serves 149 calories to your diet.
8.) Turkey High in Zinc
Turkey is rich in zinc and provides a large amount of zinc content without putting on much weight. Try to eat roasted turkey breast. However, avoid using extra nitrates and sodium in it. Just 100 grams of turkey provide 3.09 mg of zinc, which serves 104 calories to your diet.
9.) Lamb Rich Source of Zinc
Lamb is one of the best foods that are rich in zinc but it is also high in calories. It is one of the most popular food in various countries. Try to eat lean pieces of lamb, if you don’t want to put on more weight. Just 100 grams of lamb contain 8.66 mg of zinc, which serves 264 calories to your diet.
10.) Peanuts High in Zinc
Peanuts provide the high content of zinc to your body. They can be eaten in breakfast or even between meals. You may use peanut butter in different foods and recipes and simply spread it on the bread. So, add it to your diet to get zinc nutrient for your body. You may buy organic as well as crunchy peanut, the choice is all yours. Just 100 grams of peanuts contain 3.27 mg of zinc that serves 318 calories to your diet.