If scars are the medals of all the wars and fights that you’ve been into then a black eye is definitely the opposite of it. Black marks on your eyes is a popular symbol of domestic violence or a fresh beating. We pray that none of this has happened to you. We here can only provide you remedies to clear the outside wounds, but the one inside are something you have to fight with. So stand up and fight for yourself. As they say keeping quiet to oppression is the biggest sin.
Causes of Black Eye:
Black eye is caused due to the following factors:
- Injury to the face
- Cosmetic surgery on the face
- Bug bites
- Any skin infection around the eye
- Allergic reactions to food
Symptoms of Black Eye:
- Swelling around the eyes
- Pain near the eyes
- Black or reddish color around the eye
- Severe Headache
Remedies to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast:
1.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
One of the top remedies for black eyes and the one remedy made famous in popular culture too is an ice pack.The ice will help reduce the swelling and will promote blood flow in the process. It is effective because providing cold to the area is effective in tackling the clotting. To use an ice pack for the same, follow the steps below:
- Wrap ice cubes in a clean cotton cloth or in a ziploc.
- Place it over the eye for about 10 minutes.
- Continue the process several times in a for an effective treatment.
- It is also advised not to use ice directly in the process, rather an ice pack is more effective.
2.) Heat Treatment to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
After you are done with the ice pack, its time to warm it up. Heat treatment or warm compress as we call it is the process of placing a warm cloth or hot water bottle to the area. This warm compress will help increase blood flow to the area around the eyes and in the process will accelerate the healing process.
- Get a heating pad or a warm cloth which has been dipped in warm water.
- Put the warm cloth or the heating pad on the affected area until the cloth becomes cold again.
- Continue the process several times in a day.
3.) Pineapple to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
The tropical fruit is known for its healing and cooling properties. Pineapple especially is a fruit that can be used to treat a black eye. The fruit is rich in antioxidants properties, that are known to help with the healing process, especially in the case of a black eye. To use papaya to get rid of a black eye, follow the steps below
- Take a freshly cut papaya and take its pulp.
- Apply the pulp of the pineapple fruit around the blackened area of the eye.
- Make sure to massage it gently and wash it off after some time.
- You can also drink fresh pineapple fruit juice for added benefits.
4.) Papaya to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
Papaya is a fruit that shares similar healing properties like its friend pineapple. Papaya has antioxidant properties which are known to heal all kinds of skin related problems. The peel of the papaya fruit can be used just like pineapple, just follow the steps below:
- Cut a papaya fruit and apply its peel on the black eye.
- Massage it gently near the eye and relish its cooling properties.
- Alternatively, pineapple fruit can also be consumed in the form a juice.
5.) Cucumber to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
Remember, whenever you see any advertisement related to skin treatment or relaxation, there would always be a model with cucumber on her eyes. Such is the power of the simple cucumber. it has healing and cooling properties that are unmatched by anything else. To treat black eye using cucumber, follow the given steps:
- Cut thin slices of a cucumber, that has been kept in the freezer.
- Apply it on the affected eye and keep it there for some time.
- It will soon relieve you from the pain and itching sensation.
6.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
For this one, you don’t have to consume tea rather use a tea bag. Just follow the steps below and you are good to go
- Just take a tea bag and soak it in lukewarm water.
- Place the warm tea bag on the affected eye.
- Tea bag should be warm when you place it on your eye.
- The heating pad like effect should reduce the swelling and provide you instant relief.
7.) Vitamin C to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
When suffering from a black eye, it is essential that you include foods which are rich in vitamin C.
Make sure to be high on your everyday fruits and vegetables like guavas, peppers, lemons, broccoli, and oranges. Vitamin C promotes the thickening of the walls of the blood vessels, helping in the healing process. Taking vitamin C supplement to give your body t.
8.) Potato to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
Potatoes are just as effective as a cucumber to heal a black eye. They have anti-inflammation properties which help cure all kinds of skin related problems. To use it as a remedy for black eye, follow the steps below:
- Take a fresh potato and cut it in thin slices.
- Place these slices in a refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Take it out and place it on your black eye for some time.
- Continue regularly for fast treatment.
9.) Popcorn to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
Who thought, something like popcorn could cure black eye. Anyways for this all you have to do is to put unpopped popcorn in a plastic bag. Place the bag in the refrigerator and leave it there for 2 hours at least. Place the bag on the eye and it will provide instant relief.
10.) Arnica to Get Rid of a Black Eye Fast
Arnica, mostly an unknown herb is known to reduce the swelling of a black eye. It will even help to recover the tissues. Just get an ointment or arnica oil from a store near you and apply it on the black eye. apply it a minimum of three times in a day for fast relief.