This article focuses on the different remedies that will help you to get rid of a headache fast. A headache is characterized as a pain in neck or head region. The intensity of the pain varies from mild to severe. It is the most common symptom of any mild or serious diseases. The pain is a result of the disturbed pain-sensitive structures around the brain. There are 5 types of headaches that are, tension, cluster, sinus, rebound and migraine headaches. Read more, to know about a headache and ways to get rid of a headache fast.
Causes of Headache:
- Lack of sleep
- Skipping meals
- Long working hours
- Using the computer for a long time
- High Blood Pressure
Remedies to Get Rid of a Headache Fast:
1.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
Ice pack reduces the inflammation and pain around the head and neck region. It is the best remedy for all types of headaches. It numbs the area and the person does not experience pain.
- Dab an ice pack over the painful area for a half an hour. Repeat this until you get relief.
- If you don’t have an ice pack then you can make your own ice pack at home by wrapping few ice cubes in the wash cloth.
- The bag of frozen vegetables will also work as an ice pack.
- Alternatively, you can use frozen metal spoons to treat a headache fast.
- If any of the above remedies does not come handy, simply dip a wash cloth in the ice-cold water, squeeze it and place it on your head for 5-8 minutes.
- Repeat the process until you get rid of a headache.
2.) Drink Plenty of Water to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
One of the main cause of a headache is dehydration, lack of water content in the body. Drinking plenty amount of water can help you to get rid of a headache fast.
- Drink 5-8 glass of water per day. Water releases the toxins from the body. The toxins give way to fatigue and headache.
- Eat fruits such as watermelon, coconut water and etc, which have high water content.
- Take a bottle of water with you and whenever you experience a headache sip it.
3.) Massage Your Scalp to Get Rid of a Headache
A gentle massage on scalp improves the blood circulation and releases the stress which is an another cause of a headache. Moreover, use your fingers to massage. People generally massage their head with palms, which is not a correct way, as it tangles the hair and exert extra pressure on the scalp, which is not good.
- Hot oil massage will solve the purpose. It will relax your body.
- The easiest way is, whenever you experience a headache, simply massage your head with fingers.
- Apart from oil, you can also massage shampoo while taking a, however. This will clean your scalp and relax your mind.
- Moreover, gently massage your neck as well. It will relief the tension and helps you to get rid of the headache fast.
- Alternatively, Close your eyes and use your thumbs and massage the area around eyes in the circular motion.
4.) Essential Oils to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
Essential oils are a boon for headaches. They not only release the stress but also refreshes the mood and opens the clogged blood vessels that give way to a headache.
- Peppermint Oil – Menthol present in the peppermint oil opens the clogged blood vessels and calves the nerves. In a bowl mix, a few drops of peppermint, olive oil, and almond oil or only water will also do the work. Massage this combination of oils over forehead and temple area. You can also take steam using the peppermint.
- Lavender Oil – The soothing scent of lavender is enough to relax the mind. Moreover, it is the best remedy for a migraine as well. Mix few drops of lavender oil with almond and olive oil and massage it on the forehead. Steam with lavender oil can also be a good alternative.
5.) Basil Leaves to Getting Rid of a Headache Fast
Basil helps to get rid of mild headaches fast because it relaxes the muscles. It is a natural pain reliever. It has anti-inflammatory properties that come handy for treating headaches.
- The easiest way to cure a headache with basil is to chew some basil leaves or add 2-3 leaves of basil in essential oil used for massage.
- Alternatively, In a boiling water, add 3-4 fresh basil leaves, you can also add honey for sweet flavor. Strain the water and sip the tea.
6.) Ginger to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
Ginger is a most common ingredient. It easily available in the kitchen. It is enriched with inflammatory properties which come handy for treating the headache instantly.
- In a lemon juice mix ginger juice and gulp it. Drinking this juice 1-2 times a day will solve your problem.
- Alternatively, you can apply the paste of ginger powder and water on the forehead.
- Or, in your regular tea add ginger and basil leaves.
7.) Cloves to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
Clove also works as a pain reliever. The herb is best for treating the tension headache.
- The instant remedy for a headache is to inhale the odor of the crushed cloves.
- Or, mix few drops of cloves oil in carrier oil and gently massage over the forehead.
- Alternatively, add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in clove oil and rub the mixture on the temple and forehead.
8.) Apple or Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
The phrase “an apple a day keeps a doctor” is apt for a headache as well. An apple a day with salt will help you to get rid of the headache fast. You can also use apple cider vinegar instead.
- After waking up, eat an apple with salt sprinkled over it. Then consume warm water.
- Alternatively, take a steam using ACV instead of essential oils.
- Or, simply add 1 tablespoons of ACV in a glass of water, mix it well and drink it.
- To get rid of regular a headache, follow the above remedy 2-3 times a day.
9.) Almonds to Get Rid of a Headache Fast
Instead of popping a headache pill, have a handful of nuts like almonds. Almonds contain pain-relieving chemicals that help to get rid of a headache.
- Chew 3-4 almonds to encounter a headache.
- However, don’t over eat almonds since it contains high calories.
10.) Exercise to Keep a headache at Bay
Regular exercise will help you to get rid of a headache.
- Yoga – Regular yoga refreshes your mind and releases all the tensions and worries which give birth to a headache.
- Breath In, Breath Out – It will improve the blood circulation and provide a sufficient amount of oxygen to the brain.