In this article, we will talk about ways to get rid of a swollen lip fast. A nice sexy set of lips is what everyone aspires for. It’s no sin to look like your favorite celebrity with those soothing beauties. Beautiful lips can be mysterious and can command attention on their own. There are many people who crib about having flat lips but what about those who suffer from the opposite. Yes, you heard me right. Big swollen lips are not something everyone wants, especially if they appear bulgy and ugly. One such problem that people commonly face is known as swollen lips.
Swollen lips are the puffiness up of the skin around the lips, making it appear like huge pus. Their appearance is not only gross but also cartoon like. There are easy ways to get rid of the solution but make sure to check your doctor if it is a sign of any serious problem. So now let’s start on how we can get rid of swollen lips.
Symptoms of Swollen Lips:
- Swelling on the lips.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Blisters on the skin.
- Watery eyes.
Causes of Swollen Lips:
- Injury to the lip area
- Any kind of allergic reactions caused due to cosmetics or any other substance.
- Any infection like herpes or some other disease.
- Deficiency in nutrition
- Extreme climates.
- Dryness of the lips.
Remedies to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast:
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
One of the best remedies for all kinds of skin problems is Aloe vera. It is antispectic and anti-inflamtory in nature and can heal your swollen lips. It may even get rid of any kind of itching or burning sensation. To use it, to treat this condition follow the steps below:
- Mash up freshly cut aloe vera leaves to form a gel.
- Massage the gel all over the lips and let it remain there absorb it.
- Do it on a regular basis to get rid of it completely.
- You can also use the ready made available aloe vera gel for this purpose.
2.) Honey to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
Honey has long been known for its remedial properties. The one property that stands out is its anti-bacterial and cooling nature, which can help rejuvenate your skin. Follow the process below to use honey to cure the swollen lips:
- Apply honey to the affected area directly.
- Massage it gently and leave it there for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and continue the treatment several times in a day for effective remedial.
3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
It is not possible to talk about remedies for swollen lips without the mention of tea tree oil. The natural oil contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which are not matched by others. It is advised to check your skin sensitivity to it, before using. The process to use tea tree oil is similar to that of aloe vera. Just apply it directly on the lips, every alternate and you are done. Alternatively, apply it with aloe vera for a more effective approach.
4.) Salt to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
Salt is a natural disinfectant, and hence can get rid of your weird appearance, courtesy your lips. It can also be used especially if the swelling is a direct result of some infection. All you have to do is, follow the steps:
- Use your everyday salt and mix it with warm water.
- Dab a cotton in the salt solution and gently massage it on the lips.
- Do it several times in a day, till the swelling stops completely.
5.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
Yes, baking soda’s high pH properties can cure your swollen lips also. this mainly is a result of its properties of swelling reduction, which are a result of the formation of acids. It neutralizes the acid and helps you get rid of the condition. To use it to treat the swollen lips, just follow the steps:
- Just mix one tablespoon of baking soda in water to create a thick paste
- Apply the paste on the lips directly.
- Leave it there for 10 – 15 minutes and wash it off to reduce the swelling.
- Make sure to check your skin’s sensitivity to it before applying.
6.) Turmeric Powder to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
The herb for all problems, this does more than just enhancing the taste of your food. It has proven its efficiency time and again and finds itself at the forefront of Ayurveda. Turmeric possesses healing properties, including being anti-inflammatory in nature. Follow the steps below to get rid of a swollen lips fast
- Mix turmeric powder, fuller’s earth, and cold water, to create a paste-like solution
- Apply this paste directly on your lips and let it dry
- As the paste dries, wash it off with warm water
- Repeat the process twice a day for an effective remedy.
7.) Tea Bag to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
If you are a constant follower of our website then you would have seen the mention of tea bags, especially for swelling. This is because tea is a natural astringent and also contains tannin, which is known for its healing properties. Follow the steps mentioned below and you are good to go:
- Just warm a tea bag, by putting it in boiling water.
- Allow it to cool down and start placing it on the lips.
- Do this several times in a day for a fast remedy.
8.) Vaseline to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
Did you really think that we would forget the good old vaseline. I am sure you did not, as it is the king of skin and swollen lips treatment. the thick viscous balm can be applied directly on the lips. Massage it gently, till it gets completely absorbed. Petroleum jelly for the same reason is known to be safe for the skin, unlike dangerous chemicals. apply it on regular intervals to moisturize your lips and reduce the swelling.
9.) Lip Balm to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
If you are in a complete hurry and especially if the swelling is not much. I suggest you rush to the market and purchase a good lip balm. The balm will help reduce the swelling in no time. Just apply it on the lips directly and make sure you purchase the normal one and not the flavored ones.
10.) Heat Treatment to Get Rid of a Swollen Lip Fast
If nothing works for you then this will. Heat treatment or warm compress cab reduce inflammation and swelling affecting your skin. Just get a clean cloth and dip it in warm water. Now apply the cloth carefully on the lips. Continue the treatment till you don’t feel relieved. Alternatively, using cold treatment using the process can also work.