This article is about different remedies to get rid of a yeast infection. Candida, also known as yeast infection, is a common problem among both the genders, but woman are at higher risk of getting it. The infection is caused due to the growth of some microscopic bacteria known as candida. The infection generally occurs in the vaginal area. However, it can also occur under breast, tongue, nail beds, lower abdomen, skin folds and dentures. The risk factors that contribute yeast infection are diabetes, stress, pregnancy and oral contraceptives. Women after menopause are more vulnerable to yeast infection since the female hormone called estrogen’s level decreases. This problem has to be treated on time otherwise the condition will get worst and you might get other problems as well. Below we have listed some of the best remedies that will help you to get rid of a yeast infection.
Possible Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
- Itching, redness and swelling of the vulva.
- Whitish- gray discharge from vagina
- Burning or pain with urination
- Pain during sex
- Itching, swelling, inflammation and redness at the affected skin area
Causes of Yeast Infection:
- Yeast or fungi known as candida
- Certain antibiotics
- Hyperestrogenemia during hormone therapy, menstrual cycle, pregnancy or use of birth control pills when to taken in a high dose.
- Diabetes, when sugar level is high
Remedies to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection:
- Remedies to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection:
- 1.) Yoghurt to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 2.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 3.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 4.) Cranberries to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 6.) Garlic to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 7.) Oregano Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 8.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 9.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- 10.) Calendula to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
1.) Yoghurt to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
When it come to home remedies for yeast infection, yoghurt proves to be the best remedy. It contains a bacteria known as lactobacillus acidophilus, that inhibits the growth of the bacteria that leads yeast infection. So all the woman start consuming yoghurt! It will not only cure the yeast infections, in fact, it will strengthen your bones. Make sure that you use plain yoghurt. You can use yoghurt to treat yeast infection in following ways:
- Apply the plain yoghurt on the infected part. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes or you can apply it at night before going to bed. This will cure the itching.
- To treat the vaginal yeast infection, soak a tampon in yoghurt and place it in the vagina. Leave it there for 2 hours.
- Repeat this 2 times a day.
2.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Boric acid can also help you to get rid of a yeast infection. It is a chemical substance that contains anti-fungal and antiseptic properties. However, if you are pregnant then avoid this remedy. All you have to do is:
- In a small bowl mix a teaspoon of boric acid and lukewarm water to make a solution.
- Apply this solution on the infected area.
- After a few minutes rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day, until the problem is completely cured.
3.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Coconut oil is also one of the best natural remedies to treat yeast infection. It moisturizes the skin. In addition, it has antifungal properties that stop the growth of fungi which causes a yeast infection. It is very easy to use. All you need to do is:
- Apply virgin coconut oil on the infected area.
- Alternatively, in a bowl mix equal amounts of cinnamon oil and coconut oil. Spread it on the infected area of the skin. This mixture will control the growth of the bacteria causing yeast infection.
- If you have oral thrush, then you can do oil pulling for 7-10 minutes. For effective results add a few drops of cinnamon oil in the coconut oil before using it.
- Make sure that you do not swallow the oil.
- Do any of the above-listed remedies 2-3 times a day until the symptoms of the yeast infection subside.
4.) Cranberries to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Cranberries have antifungal and antibacterial properties. These properties help to control the growth of the fungi which is responsible for yeast infection. You can also use cranberries to treat the bladder infection and urinary tract infection (UTI) as well. All you need to do is:
- Drink 1 glass of plain cranberries juice 2-3 times a day. However, do not add honey or sugar into it.
- Alternatively, you can consume cranberries tablets. Consume 2-3 tablets of cranberry in a day.
- For best results do any of the above-listed remedies regularly.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
To treat the yeast infection, you can use both white kinds of vinegar as well as apple cider vinegar. Both are equally beneficial. They have distinctive components that stop the growth of the yeast that leads infection. Make sure that you do not apply ACV directly to the infected skin area. All you have to do is:
- In a cup of warm water mix 2 tablespoons of organic ACV. Drink this solution 2 times a day until the symptoms of the yeast infection subside.
- Alternatively, Fill the bathtub with warm water and mix ACV with it. Immerse your body in this bath water for 1 hour. This will cure the skin irritation, itching, and redness.
- Also, mix plain water and ACV and apply it to the infected area. After half an hour rinse it off with normal water.
6.) Garlic to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Like other body ailments, garlic can treat yeast infection as well. The herb has some antibiotic, antifungal and antibacterial components. All these properties come handy for treating the yeast infection. All you need to do is:
- In a grinder, grind 3-4 cloves of garlic to get a thick paste out of it. Spread this paste on the infected skin area.
- Alternatively, mix garlic oil with Vitamin E and coconut oil. Spread this on the infected area.
- You can also have garlic tablets.
- If you are unable to perform any of the above remedies then just suck 2-3 cloves of garlic early in the morning with empty stomach. This will help you to deal with bloating and gastric problems as well.
7.) Oregano Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Oregano oil is an herbal oil which is used in foods. You can also use the same oil for treating yeast infection. It contains antifungal properties that control the growth of fungi that leads yeast infection. In addition, it also makes your immune system strong. All you have to do is:
- Apply the oregano oil directly on the infected area. In case, you feel burning sensation then add a few drops of olive oil in the oregano oil and apply it.
- Alternatively, consume 1-2 capsules of oregano oil 2 times a day.
- Do any of the above -listed remedy regularly to get the effective results. If the infection is not cured with a regular application of this remedy, then do consult your doctor.
8.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Another remedy to cure yeast infection is olive oil. You can apply olive oil or can use olive leaf extract to get rid of the infection. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidants and antiviral properties. It also helps to retain the good bacteria. All you need to do is:
- In a grinder, grind fresh leaves of the olives. To get a thick paste add vodka into it. Once you get a thick paste store it in air tight container and leave it in the dark place. Leave it for a few weeks.
- After some weeks strain this mixture. In a glass jar collect the solution.
- Apply this solution to the infected area.
- Apply this 3-4 times a day to get best results.
9.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
Tea tree oil is also a great remedy for yeast infection. It has antifungal properties that help to cure the infection. However, if you are pregnant then avoid this remedy. To cure the yeast infection with tea tree oil all you have to do is:
- In a small bowl mix equal amount of tea tree oil and olive oil or water. Gently massage this oil solution on the infected area 3-4 times a day.
- To treat the vaginal infection, take a tiny amount of tea tree oil in a bowl and soak the tampon in it. Place this tampon in the vagina. Leave it on for a few hours.
- Do this several times a day until the problem is completely cured.
10.) Calendula to Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
The herb, calendula contains anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. All these properties come handy for treating yeast infection. You can apply calendula in the following ways:
- Crush some calendula leaves and directly apply them to the infected area.
- You can also apply calendula tea on the infected part to cure the yeast infection.
- P.S- If you are pregnant then avoid applying calendula tea.
- Alternatively, you can apply calendula lotion.
- Do any of the above remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of a yeast infection.