The following article is about various remedies to get rid of bad breath. We often experience embarrassment among people due to the bad breath. The person who smells nice is always a focus of attraction. Moreover, good breath means the person is hygienic. You may brush your teeth regularly even 2-3 times a day but still the bad smell lingers on. It is because the bacteria present in the mouth keeps multiplying during the night (when you are sleeping) and there is no saliva to wash it. Another reason for bad breath is eating food wich have a pungent smell like garlic, onions, and spicy food. Read more, to know about how to get rid of bad breath?
Causes of Bad Breath:
- Foods with pungent smell
- Certain medications
- Gum disease
- Dry mouth
- Poor dental hygiene
- Bacteria buildup
Remedies to Get Rid of Bad Breath:
1.) Clean Your Mouth Regularly
The prime factor which contributes bad breath also known halitosis is unhygienic routine. Do you know, there are more than 700 bacteria present in our mouth and they keep on multiplying because of improper mouth cleanliness. To prevent this bacteria, one needs to keep his mouth clean.
- Make sure you brush your teeth 1-2 times in a day. Since these bacteria are more active at night so brushing before hitting the sack is important.
- Also, floss your teeth to clean the food stuck between the teeth and gumline.
- Moreover, make sure you clean your tongue since tongue contains micro substances of foods and dead cells which give way to bad breath.
- Swish out the water regularly.
- If any how you are not able to brush your teeth then make sure you gargle 3-4 times a day.
- If you have braces then clean your braces since the food can easily trap in the braces and the dentures.
2.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of the Bad Breath
The acid present in the lemon juice helps you to get rid of the bad breath. The acidic contents stop the bacteria to multiply in the mouth and its strong odor treats the foul smell of the mouth.
- In one cup of water mix a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Use this mixture to gargle.
- Use the remedy 2-3 times a day.
- It will treat the dryness of the mouth and will keep the bad breath at the bay. Moreover, it will freshen your mouth.
3.) ACV to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Apple cider vinegar has pH balancing property which comes handy for treating the bad breath. Moreover, it is very easy to use and easily available in a local shop.
- In a glass of water mix 1 tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Drink this solution before the meal.
- It will accelerate the digestion process and helps you to get rid of the bad breath.
- Alternative, 1-2 times a day gargle the solution of ACV and water
4.) Cloves to Get Rid of the Bad Breath
Cloves contain anti-bacterial properties that help to cure bad breath or any fowl smell of mouth. The easiest way to use clove is chew, it regularly. While chewing the clove a juice will be released which freshens the breath.
- Alternatively, in a cup of boiling water add 3-4 cloves.
- Strain the water. You can add honey to this solution to add the sweetness.
- Drink this tea 3-4 times day.
- It will not only cure the bad breath problems but also helps you to get rid of a toothache.
- Also, you can use this tea as a substitute of a mouthwash.
6.) Fennel to Get Rid of Bad Breath
The antimicrobial properties present in the fennel helps to get rid of bad breath. It fights against the bacteria and stimulate the circulation of saliva in the mouth. Because of these properties, it is considered as an excellent mouth freshener.
- Chew handful of fennel seeds regularly to keep the bad breath at the bay.
- Alternatively, drink tea, using fennel seed as the main ingredient.
7.) Tea-Tree Oil to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Tea tree oil is enriched with antiseptic properties, therefore, it acts as a disinfectant for the mouth with bad breath. Tea tree oil can be used in various ways. The easiest way is to brush your teeth with toothpaste in which tea tree is used as the main ingredient.
- Alternatively, apply tea tree oil on the toothbrush and brush your teeth regularly with it.
- For good results mix peppermint, lemon and tea tree oil in one glass of water and regularly wash your mouth with it.
8.) Yogurt to Get Rid of the Bad Breath
The lactic acid present in the curd fight backs with the bacteria which gives way to bad breath. Moreover, it reduces the levels of odor-causing compounds in the mouth. It also treats other problems like gingivitis and plaque. Eat 2-3 cups of yogurt daily to get rid of bad breath.
9.) Drink Plenty of Water to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Water hydrates the mouth and keeps the dryness at the bay. Dry mouth is also one of the cause of the bad breath. Moreover, it washes away the bacteria and does not let them multiply. However, lukewarm water is considered more beneficial than cold water since it kills the bacteria and also accelerate the process of digestion. If proper digestion does not take place then it will give way to acidity which is another cause of bad breath.
10.) Chew Sugarfree Gum to Get Rid of the Bad Breath
A dry mouth is a shelter for thousands of the bacteria. The bacterias can be washed away with the saliva. Therefore you need to stimulate the saliva. To do so chewing gum comes handy it promotes the saliva production and covers the stinky smell. However, avoid mint chewing gum because mint does not stimulate the saliva.
11.) Cardamom to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Another home remedy that can rescue from bad breath is cardamom. It removes the stinky smell. Moreover, it freshens your mouth. All you have to do is chew a green cardamom to get rid of bad breath.
12.) Clove to Cure Bad Breath
You can also have handful sticks of cloves to get rid of bad breath. It has anti-inflammatory properties that inhibit the growth of the germs and bacteria and restricts the foul smell. Clove is an ideal remedy for the toothache as well.