After writing, how to get rid of mosquito bites?, how to get rid of fleas bites?, and home remedies for scabies, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of bed bug bites fast and overnight. Whenever we go to bed we feel like saying these words good night, switch off the light and sleep tight. If you lay on a bed, that infested with bed bugs, you will definitely have a worse night. These bugs can wait to suck your blood. Itchy, abrasive, and irritating, that is how you describe bed bug bites. This article will give you the best ways to get rid of bed bug bites fast and overnight. These bites are characterized by rashes and irritation, and with linear patterns on the skin. Suffering from these bites can be really irritating and disturbing. Thus, bed bugs are becoming a very common and stressful problem.
If you are suffering from such bites, your doctor might prescribe many lotions and creams that contain chemicals that are not always good for your skin. Even these medicines can cause skin allergies. Aside from these medications, you can also consider applying other home remedies to get rid of bed bug bites. Bed bugs bites typically heal within a week to ten days. So these are the basic symptoms of bed bug bites.
What are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small, oval shaped, and flat insects. These insects don’t have wings and they rely on humans to carry them to far off places. They have a reddish brown color and their sizes vary from 1-7 millimeters. Their feeding material is human blood. They bite when someone is asleep.
Bed Bug Bite Appearance:
Well, if you are bitten by bed bug, then you may see the following signs of bed bug bites.
- You will notice red, dark red center and swollen area.
- Bed bug bites in a line or you are bitten in a small area all together.
- You may also notice blisters, hives at the site of bite.
Ways to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites:
1.) Wash Bites with Mild Soap
Wash the affected area with mild soap and water to get rid of bed bug bites overnight and fast. Take a bar of soap and water to wet surface of your hands. Work the soap in your hands into a thick, soapy lather. Rub the lather over the affected area and leave it for a few seconds. Repeat until the entire area is covered. Allow the soap lather to dry over the bitten areas and then rinse it off. You should experience immediate relief from itching. Washing the bites with soapy water will also help alleviate itchiness and prevent a skin infection.
2.) Rub Ice on Bug Bites
To ease the pain and itching of the bed bug bite, you can rinse it with cool water or you can also rub ice on it. you will also reduce the possibility of skin inflammation. If your skin already looks swollen and red, then apply ice to cool the bite area and let the ice melt on it to reduce the pain. Press the ice cubes on the bitten area for a few minutes throughout the day. This will reduce swelling.
3.) Baking Soda Will Help
It is also known as sodium bicarbonate that helps in neutralizing the acidic chemicals causing itching from the bed bug bites. It is also an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in reducing the inflammation and get rid of bed bug bites. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take 3 teaspoons of water and add one teaspoon of baking soda in it. Mix it well and prepare a mixture. Apply this mixture on the infected area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes after application. Rinse it off by using water. If you still feel the discomfort then apply it again after 30-45 minutes.
4.) Take Help From Lemon Juice
It is a natural astringent that helps in drying out the rashes caused due to the bed bug bites. It contains the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the swelling and redness while preventing the infection. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take a lemon juice and dip a cotton ball in it. Now, dab the cotton ball on the bed bug bite.
- Apply it till it doesn’t get dry. Rinse the affected area with water. Apply this remedy few times in a day.
Note: Don’t go out in the sun after applying this remedy as the lemon juice can make your skin vulnerable to sunburn.
5.) Use The Witch Hazel
It is a liquid astringent that you can easily buy from the drug store. Basically, it is used as a cleanser that helps in reducing the itching sensation caused due to the bed bug bites as it contains tannins that include the mild anesthetic effect in it. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take witch hazel in a bowl and soak a cotton ball in it.
- No, place the cotton ball on the infected area of your body.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cotton ball.
- Apply this remedy as per your need.
6.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
It gives the soothing effect on the infected area and helps to get rid of bed bug bites overnight. The active compounds and amino acid present inside the aloe vera gel help in easing the burning sensation and itching caused due to the bed bug bites. It also helps in the healing process by keeping the skin moisturized. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take an aloe vera leave and take out the gel from it.
- Apply the gel directly on the infected area.
- Apply this remedy few times in a day to treat the bed bug bites effectively.
7.) Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains the anti-inflammatory properties that help in fighting the inflammation and helps to get rid of bed bug bites. It also has acetic acid in it that helps in relieving the itching caused due to the bed bug bites. If you don’t have apple cider vinegar then you may also go for white vinegar. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment, follow these steps:
- Apply unfiltered and raw apple cider vinegar on the infected area.
- Leave it for few minutes until it gets dry. Rinse off the infected area with water.
- If you still feel discomfort then reapply this remedy after few hours.
8.) Toothpaste to Cure Bed Bug Bites
The toothpaste helps in neutralizing the acid causing the itching sensation as it contains the base in it. It contains the cooling menthol that provides relief from itching and burning sensation. Use white toothpaste instead of gel toothpaste for treating the bed bug bites. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Apply a little amount of toothpaste on the infected area.
- Leave it for few minutes till it gets dry. Rinse it off with water.
- Apply this remedy, whenever you feel the burning sensation on the bed bug bites.
9.) Make Use of Oatmeal
Oatmeal contains the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that make it one of the most effective remedies to get rid of bed bug bites effectively. It can reduce the burning sensation and the itching sensation easily. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take little amount of water and mix few teaspoons of oatmeal in it. Mix them well together and prepare a paste. Apply this paste on the infected area and leave it for 15 minutes. Apply this remedy regularly for a couple of days to cure the bed bug bites.
- You can also take a detox bath by mixing the half cup of oatmeal in warm water. You may even add peppermint essential oil in your bathtub with oatmeal. Soak it for at least 15 minutes.
10.) Cucumber for Bed Bug Bites
Cucumber can be used to get rid of itching and burning sensation. It can even treat the swelling as it contains the vitamin C mineral and caffeic acid that contains the anti-inflammatory properties. To apply this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Just place a cucumber slice on the infected area and leave it for 10-15 minutes. To experience the more soothing effect use cool pieces of cucumber by putting it in the refrigerator.
- Apply this remedy whenever you needed it.
11.) Moist Tea Bags to Treat Bed Bug Bites
It contains the tannin as well as the astringent and mild anesthetic qualities. It can easily provide relief in itching and swelling caused due to the bed bug bites. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Put a moist tea bag in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and cool it down.
- Place it on the infected area for about 10 minutes. Repeat this remedy, whenever needed.
12.) Coconut Oil to Cure Bed Bug Bites
Apply coconut oil on the affected area. This will help to heal the swelling. Coconut oil helps moisturize the skin and its anti-inflammatory qualities help to cure these bites. whenever you suffer from bed bug bites just take coconut oil in a bowl and with the help of cotton balls apply it on your skin and leave it. you can do this home remedy before going to bed and then take the bath next morning with warm water.
13.) Banana Peel to Cure Bed Bug Bites
Rub the inside of a banana peel on a bed bug bites to take the itch out by reducing the inflammation and irritation. Leave that peel on the bites for some time. it has the cooling effect that will help to lessen the pain and swelling.
Preventing Bed Bugs:
To work properly in the morning, one requires a proper asleep. Hence, the last thing you want is not to awaken from bed bug bites. Preventing bed bugs is the best solution to get rid of this problem. This can be solve by Vacuuming the carpets weekly, avoiding second-hand furniture, bedding or discarded mattresses. Inspecting rooms thoroughly for signs of bed bugs before staying in hotels.
If you suspect the sign of bed bugs at home, you need to call a professional pest control company to handle it immediately in order to relief yourself. It is best to enlist the service of professionals in order to make sure that the eggs, larvae and adult bed bugs have been treated completely.