Blackheads are a very annoying problem for both the sexes, men, and women. Women are more conscious about their blackheads as compared to men. Blackheads are also known as open Comedones. It is a form of acne. They turn blackish in color. When the sebum or oil on your skin comes in contact with the air, which leads to hardening your skin pores. They are small, dark on the skin, which is caused by the presence of excessive oil and dead skin cells on your skin. You can treat blackheads with the help of natural remedies without using any skin care products. Skin care products are very expensive and can harm your skin due to the presence of chemicals. So, it is better to use home remedies and natural remedies which are good for your skin. In this article, you will get to know about how to get rid of blackheads naturally.
Symptoms of Blackheads:
- Dark scars on the skin.
- Black spot on the skin, but it is not painful because they don’t arise like pimples.
- Redness near the affected area.
- Enlarged pores near the nose, chin and cheeks.
- Irritation over the affected area.
- Small red papules (bumps).
- Rashes on the face.
- Sometime itching occurs on the skin.
Causes of Blackheads:
- Overproduction of oil or sebum on the skin, which leads to blackheads.
- The combination of oil and dead skin cells when comes in contact with air, then it oxidize and turn into black color.
- Presence of high levels of DHT (dihydrotesterone) in hormones resulting in clogged pores.
- Overused of moisturizer, lotions, creams, sun screens, makeup or foundations is the cause of blackheads and it also irritate the skin.
- Anxiety and stress may cause blackheads and acne.
- Emerging p. acne bacteria (propionibacterium) on the skin.
- Hair follicles on the dead skin which irritates your skin.
- Some medicines may increase the chances of developing blackheads. Don’t use certain drugs such as lithium, corticosteroids or androgens.
- Some people are habitual to touch their face again and again. It’s not a good habit because your hands contain dirt and oil. So keep your hands away from your face.
- Avoid oily food.
- Rinse off your face daily to keep your face dirt and oil free.
- Sweating is also the reason of developing blackheads. If you are sweating, it can clog up your face. So clean your face again and again.
- Take plenty of water because dehydration may also lead to blackheads.
- Smoking and alcohol can also cause to blackheads.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally:
These are some natural remedies for blackheads:.
1.) Clay to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Clay contain several skin benefits. Clay has a strong absorbing quality that works great for oily skin since it absorbs all the excess oil easily.
Steps to Use Clay to Treat Blackheads Fast:
- Take one tablespoon of bentonite clay, water or apply cider vinegar.
- Mix them with water to form a thick paste.
- Apply a thin layer of this paste on your face for ten to twenty minutes.
- Then let it dry, rinse it off with clean water and apply moisturizer.
- This remedy will help you to remove the excess oil and dirt from your skin.
2.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Cinnamon will help you to remove your blackheads. Cinnamon has various skin benefits which are good for removing blackheads. Cinnamon offers anti-clotting, anti-oxidant and anti-microbial properties that help to remove blackheads.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Cure Blackheads Fast:
- Take one tablespoon of cinnamon powder, lemon juice, and turmeric powder.
- Turmeric powder can be optional.
- Mix these three ingredients properly and then apply it on your face.
- Let it dry, then wash your face with water.
3.) Steam Your Face to Treat Blackheads Naturally
Steaming is very helpful for removing blackheads. It opens the pores and clean your skin.
Steps to Use Steam for Blackheads Removal:
- Heat some water and then use this vaporized water for steaming.
- First, use a towel to cover your head and then bend it over the bowl of warm water.
- Now, steam your face for two to three minutes.
- Then use a natural exfoliator to scrub your blackheads.
4.) Face Scrub to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
We can prepare a face scrub at home by using almonds and gram flour. Gram flour is good for your skin as it helps to lighten your skin tone, remove blackheads and tan. Gram flour is very helpful to exfoliate the affected area.
Steps to Make Face Scrub to Remove Blackheads Fast:
- Crush 4 almonds in a grinder.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of gram flour and half tsp of lemon juice to this almond paste.
- Apply this face scrub on your face. Let it dry and then rinse it off with water.
5.) Turmeric Powder to Cure Blackheads Naturally
Turmeric powder is one of the best natural remedies for blackheads. Turmeric helps to make your skin glow and remove the excess oil that causes blackheads. Turmeric powder is also a good healing ingredient.
Steps to Use Turmeric Powder to Prevent Blackheads:
- Take 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Mix them well to make a paste. You can also mix a little honey to this paste.
- Apply this paste on your face, it will help you to get rid of blackheads.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar and Mint Toner to Cure Blackheads Naturally
Apple cider vinegar and mint toner are an effective natural remedy for blackheads. You can make your toner at home by using mint leaves and apple cider vinegar. The apple cider vinegar will remove the root cause of blackheads while the mint leaves help to cool or tightening of your skin.
Steps to Use ACV and Mint Toner to Remove Blackheads:
- Combine three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and three tablespoons of crushed mint leaves.
- Place it in a cool and dark place for one week.
- Add one cup of water and place it in a refrigerator for another six days.
- Then, clean your face and apply this toner with a cotton ball at night.
- Leave it overnight for six to seven hours.
- Then wash your face in the morning and apply moisturizer as well.
7.) Rice to Treat Blackheads Naturally & Fast
Rice is the best skin care ingredient as it helps to exfoliate the skin and remove the excess oiliness.
Steps to Use Rice for Blackheads Removal:
- Take some rice and soak in milk for four to five hours.
- Then, grind it to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and scrub it gently.
- Scrub your face for five to ten minutes, then rinse it off with water. This natural remedy will help to reduce the effects of blackheads.
8.) Coriander Leaves to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Coriander leaves act as an anti-oxidant food which works great for cleansing the skin and removing the blackheads.
Steps to Use Coriander Leaves to Avoid Blackheads:
- Take some coriander leaves, a little turmeric powder and some water.
- Mix them properly to make a paste.
- Spread this paste all over your face and after some time wash your face with water to get rid of your blackheads.
- Repeat this coriander remedy once or twice a week.
9.) Groundnut Oil to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Groundnut oil or peanut oil will help to remove blackheads and it also reduces their growth in the future.
Steps to Use Groundnut Oil to Remove Blackheads Fast:
- Take some drops of groundnut oil and lemon juice.
- Mix them well and apply it to your affected areas.
- Then wash it off with water after half an hour.
10.) Soap and Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Epsom salt is very effective for treating acne or blackheads.
Steps to Use Epsom Salt to Prevent Blackheads Fast:
- Take a half tablespoon of salt and one tablespoon of liquid soap.
- Mix them and apply this mixture on your blackheads, scrub the mixture on the face.
- After scrubbing wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy several times in a day.
- You will see that it vanish your blackheads clearly.
11.) Sugar and Honey to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Sugar and honey act as an exfoliator to remove blackheads fast and naturally. So, make a scrub with the help of sugar and honey at home. This scrub will remove the dead skin that will help to come to the blackheads on the surface. Now it will be easy to remove the blackheads. To remove the blackheads, this is a good natural remedy of blackheads.
Steps to Use Sugar and Honey to Remove Blackheads at Home:
- Mix a little amount of sugar and honey to make a natural facial scrub.
- First clean your face, then apply this natural scrub on the nose and the other areas of the face where the blackheads are present.
- After some time, clean your face with water and repeat it as needed.
12.) Get Rid of Blackheads with Baking Soda
Baking soda contains an antiseptic quality that works great for getting rid of blackheads.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Treat Blackheads Naturally:
- Prepare a paste by mixing 1 tbsp of baking soda with enough water.
- Apply this paste to the blackheads and allow it to dry.
- After 10 minutes, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- This remedy will help to remove the debris from the pores.