For every individual perspective diseases related to mouth is very annoying as it is aggravating and embarrassing. Also, it is frustrating and spoil the whole taste. For diseases that occur, you could not have any control over their occurrence. Sometimes they get entered without knocking. In this article, we are talking about, how to get rid of canker sores.
The commonly used term for canker sores is mouth ulcer and everybody wants to know how to get rid of canker sores as fast as possible. Scientifically canker sores called an Aphthous Ulcer and mostly caused by a break in the mucus membrane. Now, you are probably wondering what the hell this mucous membrane is and why it is spoiling my life. Well, it is just a layer of epithelial tissue which lines an area of the body which comes into contact with air. And these membranes are moist because of the presence of glands which secrete a thick fluid called mucus. They are important for a number of bodily functions.
Types of Canker Sores:
Minor Canker Sores:
They are usually small and they are oval-shaped with red edges. Usually, they get cured without scarring in one to two weeks at least. In almost every case hey don’t even require any kind of medical attention.
Major Canker Sores:
They are usually bigger and deeper than minor canker sores. They can easily identifiable by their shape as they are round in nature with defined borders. They have irregular edges and when they get very large at that time it can be very agonizing and may take several weeks to heal.
Herpetiform Canker Sores:
A cluster of several tiny lesions generally millimeter long that appear to diffuse and form a larger sore termed as herpetiform canker sores. This kind of canker sore may last from several days to a few weeks or months.
Symptoms of Canker Sores:
Usually, person with canker sore does not have any sign and symptom of it. Symptoms usually are itching, a great deal of pain and discomfort. They could not cause cancer because of the fact that canker sores happen due to injury. The inner covering of the mouth called mucus get tainted by bacteria invading.
Causes of Canker Sores:
Everyone with canker sores wonders, how they got this type of aggravating aching. Where did you get wrong and what happened to you, the reason is quite simple. If you accidentally got any minor injury to your mouth from any type of dental work like,
- Overzealous brushing
- Sport casualty
- Accidental cheek bike
- Food sensitivities
- Deficiency in vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid or iron, an allergic response to certain bacteria in the mouth etc. is all can cause canker sores.
Remedies to Get Rid of Canker Sores:
Being aware of how to get rid of canker sores can relieve you of needless stress, aggravation, and embarrassment. Now you do not have to worry about this problem at all as you have remedies for canker sores. These canker sores remedies do not require you to be a physician or doctor. But only a few simple steps and you are done, your canker sores will go.
1.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- Mix equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide in a glass.
- Take a cotton ball, dip it in solution and apply it on canker sores. This will help to get rid of canker sores fast.
- Hydrogen peroxide is very good to disinfect small wounds.
- Also, it is a natural antiseptic that’s why it is commonly used to clean wounds to prevent infection.
- Before using hydrogen peroxide, dilute the solution with water otherwise it could give side effects.
- You can repeat the steps three times in a day to get significant results.
2.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Canker Sores
Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can work effectively as skin disinfectants to aid cure canker sores. The medicinal properties of tea tree oil make it one of the best home remedies to treat canker sores overnight.
- Purchase tea tree oil from your nearest medical store.
- As this is easily available and you would not find any difficulty to get the oil.
- Just apply it on your agonizing canker sores this will really help you to get rid of canker sores.
3.) Saline to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- Salt and water solution usually called as saline can be used to get rid of canker sores.
- You just have to gargle with saline and will definitely help you to get rid of canker sores.
- Gargling with saline has many other benefits as it does not give any side effects at all.
- The requirements to make saline are only salt and water.
4.) Papaya to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- Papaya tablets are also very useful to get rid of canker sores.
- But, in case, you would not get the papaya tablets and do not get disappointed.
- Simply, you can consume raw papaya and it will also help to same extend as papaya tablets do.
- Papayas provide many health benefits for a human.
- Mashed papayas are usually very beneficial for wound healing and preventing infection of burned areas.
- Studies show that enzymes found in papayas are very beneficial.
- An ointment containing papayas is very good to treat canker sores.
5.) Plum Juice Extract to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- Rinsing mouth with plum juice extract is another very useful method to get rid of canker sores.
- Plum juice extract usually considered as a good nutrient for muscles.
- Also, it is a very good source of iron and contain all ingredients to cure canker sores.
- There are also many other benefits of plum juice extract which make it useful to get rid of canker sores.
6.) Onion to Get rid of Canker Sores
- Apply some ungraded onions to your canker sores.
- Make sure that the onion is not processed and it is in the natural form.
- Although, this remedy looks awry, but it is really creative and very useful to get rid of canker sores.
- Many people have got benefit after using this remedy and get rid of canker sores.
- You can also try this simple and very easy method which does not require anything but just an onion.
7.) Sorrel Herb to Get Rid of Canker Sores
- Take a fresh piece of sorrel herb and hold it against your canker sores until it becomes wet.
- Remove it after one minute and then again repeat the same process.
- This remedy surely helps you to get rid of canker sores fast and naturally.
- This is a comparatively quick home remedy for canker sore pain although the herb is bitter in taste.
8.) Chamomile to Get Rid of Canker Sores
Chamomile consists daisy-like plants that are popular to induce sleep and promote relaxation. A chemical compound called bisabolol is found naturally in German chamomile, and has been proven to reduce inflammation. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties will help reduce the pain of canker sores quickly.
- Take a bowl of water and bring it to the boil. Add some chamomile flowers to it and allow it to boil for about tow minutes more. Turn off the flame and steep the solution for five minutes.
- Leave it to cool down to lukewarm and then drink this chamomile tea three times a day for fast results.
9.) Stop Taking Citrus Fruits to Get Rid of Canker Sores
The high acid content of citrus fruits can irritate the membrane of your mouth making the canker sores worse. Use should avoid taking lemons, limes, and grapefruits until you completely get rid of canker sores. People with canker sore should check their diet to avoid taking citrus fruits.
- They interfere with the healing process and prevents sores to heal naturally.
- Spicy, oily foods also are avoided along with daily products.
- Once your canker sores get healed, then again, you start your normal diet plan.
- But, keep a distance from citrus, spicy and oily food during canker sores.
10.) Water to Get Rid of Canker Sores
When the salt concentration around cells is greater than the outside, osmosis takes place. When water is drawn out due to concentration difference, the painful puffiness that excess fluid can trigger is diminished. You should gargle your mouth with salt water as it can help greatly. This is the reason why it is so effective in treating sore throat easily. It is useful in reducing the painful swelling in the mucous membrane at the back of the throat. Simply drinking lots of water will also help you by eliminating harmful toxins from the body.
- Add two teaspoons of salt in a glass of warm water and stir the solution well.
- Gargle with the solution several times a day to cure canker sores fast and naturally.
- Drink lots of water and keep on washing the canker sores after some interval of time.
- Water will keep toxin away from the sores and acts as a catalyst for the healing process.