In this article we will discuss how to get rid of cellulite in thighs. Cellulite is also known as orange peel syndrome, cottage cheese skin, and mattress phenomenon. Cellulite is a cosmetic condition in which the fat is accumulated in different parts of the body. This accumulation of fat gives a dimpled, lumpy looks to the area where it is occurring. The most common area where cellulite is mostly noticeable is on and around thighs. However, it can affect your legs, stomach or buttocks as well. Cellulite usually occurs after attaining puberty. Though this condition can occur in men too, but females are more vulnerable to the orange peel syndrome. According to dermatologists, cellulite generally affects more than 90% of women at some point in their lives. Cellulite consists of free moving fat cells stored just underneath the skin. Since this condition tends to deteriorate with age, so it becomes very necessary to prevent it at the initial stage only. There are many treatments available to get rid of cellulite in thighs. Below are some home remedies which can help you get rid of cellulite in thighs. But, before moving onto remedies, let us know the types, causes, and symptoms behind this condition.
Types of Cellulite:
- Grade 1: Under grade 1 no clinical symptoms are seen, but some anatomical changes can be found by a microscopic examination.
- Grade 2: Under grade 2, skin shows a reduction in elasticity along with anatomical changes examined by microscope.
- Grade 3: Roughness of skin can be seen along with grade 2 symptoms.
Causes of Cellulite:
- Poor diet
- Hormonal imbalance
- Lifestyle factors
- Retention of water
- Toxicity builds up
Symptoms of Cellulite:
- Dimpled appearance of the skin
- Bumpy skin
- Orange peel texture
- Uneven skin
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs Naturally and Fast
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs Naturally
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is an effective home remedy to get rid of cellulite. ACV contains Minerals, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. All these nutrients play a major role in getting rid of wastes, toxins, and water retention in the thighs. This helps to reduce bloating and cellulite in other parts as well. It also helps to lose weight, which means less body fat and thus fewer cellulite pockets. Here is the Method.
Directions to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Cellulite Treatment:
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water in 1:2 ratio.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey if you want.
- Apply the solution on the thigh area and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash off the area with warm water.
- Repeat this 2 times daily to get the desired results.
2.) Tangerine Oil to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs
Tangerine oil is another quite effective home remedy to treat cellulite in the thighs. Tangerine oil promotes blood circulation in the applied are. It also helps to break down accumulated fat and cellulite. This is an essential oil which also plays a vital role in detoxification of the body.
Directions to Use Tangerine Oil to Treat Orange Peel Syndrome:
- Mix 5 drops of tangerine oil in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply and massage this mixture on the concerned area for 10-15 minutes.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for minimum 1 hour after application of this oil.
- Apply this mixture twice in a day for a few weeks to reduce cellulite in thighs.
3.) Salmon to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs Naturally
Salmon is known to have a high amount of antioxidants. It breaks down fat pockets and cellulite. Salmon also have essential omega-3 fatty acids, that help the body to have smooth skin and tissue. It reduces appetite and inflammation. It also repairs and strengthen tissues present in the affected skin area. This in turn, discourages the build-up of toxins in blood vessels and helps enhance blood circulation.
Directions to Use Salmon for Cellulite Treatment:
- Eat 4 or 5 servings of salmon in a week.
- To encourage the reduction of cellulite, go for roasted or baked salmon dishes.
- Avoid the fried salmon.
4.) Dry Brushing to Reduce Cellulite in Thighs
Dry brushing is one of the easiest ways to get rid of cellulite in thighs. Brushing helps improve circulation of blood and lymphatic drainage. It eliminates the build-up of toxins from the upper layer of the skin and reduces the cellulite. This remedy may seem weird but it works effectively in most of the cases. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Dry Brushing For Cellulite Treatment:
- Before going ahead, make sure your skin and brush are dry.
- Firmly start brushing from your feet to your shoulders.
- Target the cellulite affected area more.
- Make sure to brush your body from left to right side and maintain the brushing movements targeting toward the heart to promote blood circulation.
- Continue this dry brushing for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, take a shower to get rid of dead skin cells and impurities.
- Brush once daily prior to taking a shower for a few months or until the condition improves.
5.) Coffee Grounds to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs
Coffee grounds works as an excellent exfoliating scrub. Its exfoliation action helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Coffee grounds help restore new and healthy cells as well. Plus, drinking coffee will help improve circulation of blood. Thus, it is one of the best home remedies to treat cellulite.
Directions to Use Coffee Grounds to Reduce Cellulite:
- Add ¼ cup of coffee grounds with 3 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted) to make a paste.
- Take this paste and massage on the affected skin for a few minutes using mild pressure.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after leaving it for a few minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times in a week to get the desired results.
- Store the remaining mixture in a jar for future use.
6.) Green Clay as a Home Remedy for Cellulite Treatment
Green clay is among the most powerful remedies for cellulite. Green clay helps promote circulation of blood and lymph. It also helps remove dead skin cells, suck up impurities and fats as well. Also, it repair and empowers connective tissues. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Green Clay for Cellulite Treatment:
- Add ½ cup of each green clay and seaweed with ¼ cup of lime juice and 3 tbsp of hot water.
- Finally, add 1 tsp of raw honey to make a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area in circular motions.
- Cover the area with a plastic wrap and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Continue this treatment on a weekly basis.
7.) Juniper Oil to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs
Juniper oil is another effective home remedy to get rid of cellulite in thighs. Juniper oil is known to have powerful detoxifying properties which help to reduce retention of fluids in the body. It works as an effective diuretic which is also useful for improving the kidney function.
Directions to Use Juniper Oil for Cellulite Removal:
- Add 10-15 drops of juniper oil with ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Apply and rub the mixture on the concerned area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this twice daily.
- After 1 month of application, your skin will get more soft and firm.
8.) Maintain Hydration in the Body to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs
One of the reasons behind cellulite is building up of toxins that keep accumulating in your body for the entire life. Maintaining hydration level is the method to flush out these toxins from your body. Drinking plenty of water will also keep other body functions well. This in turn will make your skin glow and improve texture.
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to maintain hydration.
- Along with plain water, include fruit juices, lemon water with or without honey.
- Consume foods high in water contents such as cucumbers, melons, and green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid drinks which promote dehydration such as coffee, alcohol, beer etc.
- You can also include some detox water in your daily routine to flush out toxins out of the body.
9.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs
Cayenne pepper is known to be an effective fat burning food. It has the properties that provide heat to the body naturally. It also help promote circulation of blood and boost metabolism. It also helps to get rid of dead skin cells and restore them with powerful and healthy cells. Regular intake of cayenne pepper will help remove toxins from your body and lessen the appearance of cellulite in your thighs.
Directions to Use Cayenne Pepper for Cellulite Removal:
- Mix 2 tsp of cayenne pepper powder with 1 tsp of chopped ginger and lemon juice in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this solution 1 or 2 times daily for at least 1 month to see the result.
10.) Seaweed to Get Rid of Cellulite in Thighs
Seaweed is known to be a natural exfoliating agent. It helps promote circulation of blood, improves the texture of skin and also helps remove damaging toxins from your body. In return, it helps minimize the appearance of cellulite. Plus, it contains many bio-active compounds which are absorbed by skin easily. It also contain a high amount of iodine and other minerals which enhance your metabolism.
Directions to Use Seawood for Cellulite Treatment:
- Add 3 tbsp of grounded seaweed in ¼ cup each of sea salt and olive oil.
- Also, add a few drops of any essential oil.
- Apply and rub a little bit of this mixture on the concerned area for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off and apply a moisturizer.
- Continue this remedy once daily for a few weeks.
- Store rest of the mixture in a jar for future use.