Want to get rid of foot odor? Read the whole article to know some quick and effective remedies for foot odor removal. This is the very common problem everyone faces at some point of time. Especially men who wear shoes for all time. Medically it is know as bromhidrosis, it is really embarrassing for those who are suffering with this problem. Wearing shoes and socks for longer duration makes our feet sweat and dose not allow it to evaporates inside and this causes smelly foot. When this sweat does not evaporates for longer the bacteria on our skin grow because of the sweat and dead skin cells, producing the smell. This problem can be easily cured within a week or so. You can get rid of foot odor very easily ans fast. There are some of the magical ways you can try at home to get rid of foot odor.
Soaks to Get Rid of Foot Odor:
1.) Try to Avoid or Prevent Foot Odor
It is very true prevention is than cure. So try to wash and change the socks daily. Clean your foot by dipping it in warm water tub for half an hour and wash it with sainted soap. You can practice this every second day. This will to remove all the bacteria and dead cells from your skin and you help to get rid of foot odor. You can also do a pedicure twice a week.
2.) Black Tea Foot Soak to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Black tea is rich with tannic acid and and tannis. This will help to creates unfriendly environment for bacteria and help you to get rid of food odor. This will also regulate the amount of sweat in your feet.
- Take two black tea bags in three cups of hot water and boil it.
- Add half a bucket of normal water to cool the solution.
- Soak your feet for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat this daily for a week.
3.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Make habit to put lavender oil before you go to your bed. Especially after the pedicure or when you wash your feet. Give a gentle massage to your feet to get rid of foot odor.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil in warm water.
- Soak your feet in it for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat this twice a day for a few days.
4.) Sugar Scrub to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Sugar scrub will removing dead skin and eliminate foot odor as they too can contribute to smelly feet. Regular use of this scrubber to scrub your feet will prevent the formation of calluses. It is easily available in the market but you can also prepare a home made scrub by following the few steps given below:
- Take sugar, isopropyl alcohol and clean water. Make sure you use more sugar than water to form a thick mixture.
- Isopropyl alcohol, use one part of it with five parts of water It means 1:5 ratio.
- Scrub your feet with this mixture for 5-10 minutes to get rid of dead bacteria and skin cells. Rinse it off
- Repeat this at least 3 times in a week.
5.) Ginger Root to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Ginger is also an effective ways to get rid of smelly feet as it stops the bacterial growth and also removes toxins, sweating in the feet.
- Take a good amount of ginger root make a puree using these ginger root.
- Boil the puree in a cup of hot water for 2 minutes.
- Massage your feet with the help of ginger root puree for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat it daily for 2 weeks to get rid of foot odor.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar Soak to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Vinegar is beneficial to get rid of smelly feet as it forms an acidic environment in which kills bacteria. You can use any other vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar for this home remedy.
- Take one-half cup of vinegar and six to eight cups of hot water and mix it.
- Soak your feet for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your feet thoroughly with soap to remove the smell.
7.) Baking Soda and Lemon Juice Soak to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Baking sod ais also well known as sodium bicarbonate, is an effective remedy to get rid of foot odor. It regulates the production of sweat and reduces bacteria.this remedy is the best and quickest way to solve this problem.
- Add 4 spoons of baking soda in a hot 8 glasses of water.
- soak your feet in it for 15 – 20 minutes before going to your bed.
- Repeat this twice for day.
8.) Sage and Rosemary Soak to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Sage contains antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents, and it is also an astringent. Rosemary is antibacterial/anti-fungal, and is an astringent as well. This both will help minimize the production of sweat. Less sweat means a less bacteria to in.
- Take 1 teaspoon of rosemary (dried).
- Take 1 tea spoon of sage (dried).
- Mix hot water with sage and rosemary in small foot basin.
- Wait for some time that it cools down but remains warm.
- Dip your feet inside the water soak it for 30 minutes and wash it with a soap.
- Repeat this for a week.
9.) Talcum Powder to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Always use talcum powder before you wear shoes and socks. This will reduce or stop sweating in your socks and helps to get rid of foot odor. Try to wear cotton socks this allow the sweat to evaporate.
10.) Water to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Water helps a lot in getting rid of foot odor because it remove the odor of sweat. So try to drink plenty of water in a day. Drink approx 10 to 12 glass of water every day. This will work magically to solve this problem.