This article is about the ways to get rid of gas pain. If you often feel pain in the stomach then could be a gas problem. This is a common problem but embarrassing as well. When oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen get mixed together, they form an intestinal gas. Intestinal gas is always present in your digestive track. But when the intestinal gas is developed excessively then it causes several problems like stomach pain, burping, belching and flatulence. When there is no sufficient acid in the stomach, then the gas is produced. Passing gas is a natural phenomenon, but sometimes it may be problematic for you. Gas pain can be caused by high fiber foods, swallowing too much air, food allergies and IBS. The good thing about the problem is that it can be treated easily at home by using some of the simple remedies. These remedies are natural and can be prepared easily. Read the article to learn more about the ways to get rid of it.
Ways to Get Rid of Gas Pain:
1.) Baking Soda and Lemon to Relieve Gas Pain
- Extract the juice from 1 lemon and put it in a glass.
- Now add some baking soda and a cup of water to it.
- Stir it well and drink it slowly.
- For instant relief from gas pain, add little baking soda to a glass of water and drink it before having a meal.
2.) Garlic to Get Rid of Gas Pain
The pungent heating quality present in the garlic helps in relieving the gas pain. This is one of the easiest ways used to get rid of gas pain naturally. Consume some garlic soup to reduce gas pain. To make the soup all you have to do is:
- Boil some garlic cloves in water for a few minutes.
- Add a little amount of cumin seeds and black pepper to it.
- Strain this solution and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Now drink it.
- Drink it 2 or 3 times a day to see effective results.
3.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Gas Pain
Cinnamon helps in soothing your stomach and also prevent the formation of gas. It also promotes the digestion process. All you have to so is:
- Take a cup of warm milk and add one-half tsp of cinnamon powder to it. Mix it well and drink this milk.
- You can also make cinnamon tea by mixing some cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water. Allow it to steep for a few minutes and drink this tea.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Gas Pain
Apple cider vinegar also helps in the treatment of gas. This remedy gives soothing effects and gives you instant relief from gas pain. If ACV is not available then you can try regular vinegar.
- Add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- Let the water cool at room temperature and drink it.
5.) Ginger to Get Rid of Gas Pain
- Take equal parts of grated ginger, cardamom powder and fennel.
- Mix all these ingredients thoroughly.
- Take a cup of water and add 1 tbsp of this mixture and a pinch of Asafetida to it.
- Drink this ginger solution once or twice a day.
- You can also massage your stomach with ginger essential oil to get relief from gas pain.
- Another option is to chew a fresh ginger piece after having a meal.
6.) Buttermilk to Get Rid of Gas Pain
By combining buttermilk, carom seeds and black salt you can treat gas pain and flatulence. Buttermilk is one of the refreshing drinks, especially in the summers. You have to do is:
- Add 1 tsp of carom seeds and black salt in a cup of buttermilk.
- You can use celery seeds instead of using carom seeds.
- Drink this buttermilk solution 2 times a day to treat gas pain.
7.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Gas Pain
Asafetida is an effective remedy for gas pain because it has anti-flatulent and anti-spasmodic properties.
- Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of Asafetida to it. Mix it well and drink it 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also prepare a paste of Asafetida by mixing a little water. Apply this paste on the stomach and let it sit for a few minutes.
- You can also consume a little amount of Asafetida with a ripe banana. Consume it twice a day.
- Also, add a pinch of Asafetida in you meals to prevent the gastric problem.
8.) Fennel to Get Rid of Gas Pain
Fennel is the best ingredient for relieving gas pain. You can mix cardamom, fennel and mint leaves and boil them in water. Strain this solution and drink it. This well help get rid of gas pain instantly. You can use it in another way as well.
- Take a few fennel seeds and pour it into a pot of hot water.
- Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes on a low temperature.
- Strain this fennel solution and drink it.
- If you can bear the taste of fennel seeds then you can also chew it.
9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Gas Pain
Peppermint can also be used in treating gas pain. You just have to prepare a tea using the peppermint leaves and you will be able to get rid of gas pain naturally. To make the tea you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and add a few peppermint leaves to it.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the peppermint solution and add a little honey to it.
- Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also chew peppermint leaves for instant relief.
10.) Cardamom to Get Rid of Gas Pain
Cardamom helps to speed up digestion and give you instant relief from stomach gas pain. Take some roasted cardamom powder and add it to vegetables, lentils or rice before cooking. You can also chew cardamom 2 or 3 times a day to relieve stomach gas pain. You can also prepare a tea with cardamom. To make the tea:
- Boil a cup of water and some cardamom to it.
- Now a teaspoon of grated ginger to it.
- Also, add a tsp of fennel to it.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes and your tea is ready.
- Drink this tea many times a day.
11.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Gas Pain
Yogurt is also an ideal remedy for gas pain. It contains good bacteria and probiotics which promote the digestion and prevents gastric problems. All you have to do is:
- Add a half tbsp of black paper and salt to a cup of yogurt and consume it.
- Consume 1-2 cups of yogurt regularly to treat the gas pain.
- However, if your are lactose intolerant then avoid this remedy.
12.) Chamomile to Get Rid Gas Pain
A cup full of chamomile tea will also help you to treat the gas pain. It has antioxidants and certain properties that promote the digestion process and prevent flatulence and gastric problem.
- Boil one and a half cup of water. Then add a few leaves of chamomile into it.
- Steep it for a while and then drink it slowly-slowly to cure gas pain.