After writing, home remedies for kidney infection treatment, best home remedies for bladder stone removal and home remedies for urinary tract infection, we are now writing the ways to get rid of kidney stones. Kidney stones are also known as renal calculus and nephrolith. It is a hard piece of substance, which is formed in the kidneys from minerals in the urine. The stones are very common nowadays. It forms from the chemicals in urine like calcium, oxalic acid, phosphorous and uric acid, etc. Sometimes kidney stones give severe cramps.
Stones form when the kidneys are unable to process toxins efficiently. Kidney stones cause blockage of the ureter. These stones are very small in size. They are smaller than a safety-pin. But some can be as big as a coin. Tiny stones may pass without causing pain and symptom. Most stone structure due to a mixture of ecological factors and heredity. Read more, to find out about kidney stones and ways to get rid of kidney stones.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Kidney Stones:
1.) Have More Watermelon
Watermelon is the best way to get rid of kidney stones. Kidney stones are made up of magnesium phosphates, calcium, and carbonates. Watermelon contains potassium which is good for healthy kidneys. It helps to maintain and regulate the acid level in urine. It also contains a high concentration of water, which helps to remove stones from the kidneys. Eating watermelon daily is a great treatment for kidney stones.
2.) Take Help From Basil
Basil is one of the best natural remedies for treating kidney stones. Basil works as a tonic for the kidneys and it is good for the organs. Basil helps to induce stone expulsion from the urinary tract.
- Take 1 tsp of basil juice and add honey to it. Have it daily in the morning for 5 to 6 months. You can also take basil juice, without honey or chew 2 to 3 basil leaves daily.
- Another way is to prepare a basil tea and drink it daily. Boil water with 5 to 6 basil leaves and add a little honey. Drink it after it cools.
3.) Drink The Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate has astringent properties that can help to get rid of kidney stones. You can include both seeds and pomegranate juice.
- Eat one pomegranate or drink 1 glass of pomegranate juice daily. You can have pomegranate in a fruit salad also.
- Another option is grind 1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds to make a paste. Eat this paste with a cup of horse gram soup daily. This remedy will help to dissolve the stones.
4.) Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial for many health related problems. Apple cider vinegar is helpful to dissolve kidney stones as it has an alkalizing effect on urine and blood. Warm 1 cup of water and add 2 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of honey in it. Drink this solution several times a day.
5.) Drink Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
The combination of lemon juice and olive oil is an effective home remedy to remove gallbladder stones, but it can also be used for kidney stones treatment. Due to having citric acid in the lemon helps to break kidney stones and prevents further growth. Take 4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice and mix an equal amount of olive oil in it. Drink this solution followed by plenty of water. Do this 2 to 3 times a day for 3 days.
6.) Have The Bran Flakes
Whole grain rich diets contain minerals, vitamins and fiber. So they help to reduce kidney stones. Wheat contains insoluble fiber that reduces calcium in the urine. It is necessary to have foods that are rich in fiber when you are suffering from kidney stones. Bran flakes are rich in fiber and it is better than other fiber-rich foods. One bowl of bran flakes equals to 8 mg of fiber. So eat bran flakes daily to reduce the chances of kidney stones.
7.) Wheat Grass Will Help
Wheatgrass is a natural remedy and highly effective in treating kidney diseases. Wheatgrass juice is a good source of potassium, amino, magnesium, iron vitamins B and chlorophyll.
- Take some wheatgrass and blend them in blender properly.
- Then, strain the wheatgrass to extract the juice.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice and basil leaves juice to wheatgrass juice.
- Drink this juice 2 to 3 times a day.
8.) Use The Celery
Celery juice has anti-spasmodic properties which can help to relieve pain from kidney stones. It clears toxins that promote the formation of kidney stones. Raw celery juice is diuretic that means it raises the volume of urine and helps to get rid of kidney stones.
- Drink a glass of raw celery juice daily in order to prevent stone formation. You can also use celery seeds to get rid of kidney stones.
- Drink herbal tea, which is made with celery seeds that can help to prevent kidney stones resulting from the uric acid formation.
9.) Kidney Beans Will Help
Kidney beans are one of the effective home remedies to get rid of kidney stones without surgery. Being rich in fiber kidney beans is effective in treating any kind of kidney or bladder problem.
- Remove the beans from the pods then put the beans in warm water.
- Put the water on low flame for hours until the beans become soft.
- Strain this liquid and allow it to cool down. Drink it few times a day to relieve pain.
- Don’t keep this liquid more than 24 hours as it will lose its therapeutic properties. You can also eat kidney beans in salad or soups.
10.) Drink Plenty of Water
Water is known as the most amazing home remedy for all the diseases. Water works amazingly for giving relief from all the problems related to stomach, skin and other diseases. Water purifies the blood and stomach and helps in passing out the kidney stone. It also helps in removing the toxins from the body that cause kidney stones. Drink loads of water for getting relief from the kidney stone.
11.) Use The Nettle Leaf
Nettle leaf is one of the most amazing remedies to get rid of kidney stones. It works effectively on kidney stone problem. It is also known as a kidney purifier. Nettle leaf clears the kidney. For purifying the kidney use this nettle leaf remedy for a kidney stone. In a cup of hot water, add 2 tbsp of dry nettle leaf for making nettle leaf tea. Steep water for about 10-15 minutes and then strain it. Consume this tea two to three times in a day for getting relief.
12.) Have The Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice helps to dissolve the kidney stone. Drink cranberry juice on a regular basis so that, it will help you to dissolve your kidney stone efficiently. Drink a glass of cranberry juice in a day in order to get relief from the kidney stone.
13.) Tomato Juice Will Help
Tomato juice is one of the best remedies for kidney stones removal. Consume tomato juice for getting relief from renal stones. In a glass of tomato juice, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Drink it daily and you will be able to get rid of kidney stones fast.
14.) Make Change in Diet
You must need to take care of your diet to get rid of kidney stones. Intake of unhealthy food is a major cause of kidney stones. Avoid alcoholic beverages or processed foods. Reduce the quantity of energy drinks and soda you drink. Eat more veggies and fruits in your diet. Consumption of more healthy food will help you to get rid of kidney stones. Moreover, it will also prevent stones in future.
15.) Use The Figs
Figs known as the finest home remedy to get rid of kidney stones. Figs are very helpful remedy when we talk about kidney stones. Use figs to trim down kidney stone by consuming this home remedy. Take 2 figs and a cup of water. Boil figs in water and strain it. Then, consume fig water in the morning for a month.
16.) Medication to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
If you are suffering from kidney stone pain, then you should take NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. If you are having a large kidney stone, then you need to consult a doctor to better diagnose the situation. About 15% of kidney stones need a doctor for treatment.
Useful Tips to Avoid Kidney Stones:
- Plan a healthy diet that consists vitamins and other nutrients for treating a kidney stone.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids to avoid kidney stone.
- Avoid crash dieting as it increases the amount of uric acid in your bloodstream and eliminate the risk of kidney stone.
- Eat a low-oxalate diet and avoid foods that are rich in oxalate. Avoid soda, sugar and corn syrup.
- Doing exercise daily for 30 minutes is very helpful for kidney stones treatment.