In this article we will discuss different methods to get rid of mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are among the most dangerous and annoying flies. Mosquitoes are responsible for causing more suffering to humans than other organisms. Female mosquitoes thrive on human blood. They suck blood in order to produce eggs. They can spread diseases to humans which makes them very dangerous. Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever, West Nile Virus are some of the diseases transmitted by mosquitoes. There are many products available in the market which claim to eradicate mosquitoes faster than anything. They do help get rid of these blood suckers, but are also harmful to us due to their high toxicity. There are also natural home remedies listed in this article which will help you get rid of mosquitoes easily and effectively.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Fast:
1.) Mosquito Traps to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Naturally
Buy a mosquito trap from your local market to get rid of mosquito. Otherwise, you can easily make a trap yourself at home. For this, you will need a medium size plastic bottle. Here is the method to make a mosquito traps.
- Cut the bottle in half and add some hot water and brown sugar to it. Mix it well.
- Pour this mixture in bottom half of the bottle.
- After that, add some yeast to it.
- Place the upper half bottle on the lower half in an upside down direction.
- Wrap the bottle with a tape, but leave the top uncovered.
- Well, your mosquito trap is ready.
- Place this trap in the mosquito prone area. You can notice visible results in one day only.
- Don’t forget to change the solution of the bottle in every 15 days.
2.) Garlic to Get Rid of Mosquitoes in Room
Garlic is known to be an effective natural remedy to get rid of mosquito in room. It also help prevent diseases caused by other parasites. Garlic has a pungent smell which protects you from mosquito bites and prevent them from entering your home.
Directions to Use Garlic:
- Just crush a few cloves of garlic and boil it in water.
- Buy a sprayer or use your empty perfume bottle to fill it with garlic solution.
- Spray the solution around your room to keep it mosquito free.
- To protect yourself from mosquito bites, you can spray it on yourself as well. But remember, it smells really bad.
3.) Dry Ice to Get Rid of Mosquitoes at Night
Mosquitos are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale. As it is not possible for us to stop exhaling. In such case we can use dry ice to get rid of mosquito. This is because dry ice releases a large amount of carbon dioxide.
- Keep some dry ice in a shallow container.
- Place it in and around your home, places that are more prone to mosquitoes.
- You may see mosquito getting attracted to the container.
- You can simply close the lid when you see lots of mosquitoes in the container.
- This can be time consuming, but it works.
4.) Mint to Get Rid of Mosquitoes at Home
Mint is another useful home remedy for avoiding mosquitoes naturally. According to a research, mint oil and mint extracts is as powerful as any other mosquito repellent. Mint can be useful in many different ways. Here are the suggestions to use it.
- You can use as steam to fill your room with aroma mint.
- Applying oil on your body will keep you safe from mosquito bites.
- Planting a shrub outside the room’s window will prevent mosquito entrance.
- Otherwise, mix some mint extract with water and spray it around your room.
- You can spray it on yourself as well.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Naturally and Fast
Tea tree oil is loaded with various useful benefits for your skin. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that helps to prevent mosquito from biting and getting rid of them.
- You can rub tea tree oil on your skin or can add a few drops of it to a vaporizer.
- Vaporizer will help to get rid of mosquitoes instantly.
6.) Coffee to Get Rid of Mosquitoes in Yard
Coffee is one of the easiest home remedies to prevent mosquitoes. This remedy is quite useful to get rid of mosquitoes in yard. As there can be stagnant water in the yard which attracts mosquitoes to live. Such condition helps them grow in numbers. Is such places coffee can be very useful to prevent mosquitoes.
- Just sprinkle crushed coffee on the surface wherever you see .
- The eggs of mosquitos under water are compelled to come to the surface due to caffeine present in coffee.
- As these eggs reach the surface, it will make them suffocate due to lack of oxygen.
- This will kill them even before they hatch, thus preventing mosquitoes from multiplying.
7.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Mosquitoes at Home
The aroma of lavender keeps mosquitoes away from you and your home. It is as effective as any other mosquito repellent products. Mosquitoes intolerance to lavender smell makes it a powerful remedy.
- You can apply lavender oil on your skin to prevent yourself from mosquitoes bite.
- Alternatively, you can use it to spray in your room to eliminate mosquitoes completely.
8.) Eucalyptus and Lemon Oil to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
Mixture of eucalyptus oil and lemon oil also works as an effective insect-repellent, especially mosquitoes. Eucalyptus oil contains an active component known as cineole. When it is applied on the skin, cineole protects skin from mosquitoes due to its antiseptic and insect-repellent properties. This remedy is natural and do not posses any harm to your body and health. Whereas other chemical mosquito repellent can harmful for your health when used regularly over a period of time.
- Just mix same amount of each eucalyptus oil and lemon oil.
- Use it on your skin or as a vaporizer.
- It will help keep you mosquitoes away from you.
9.) Planting Trees to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Naturally
Many of you might think that trees and shrubs are responsible for mosquito breeding. But this is not completely true. If you plant the right type of shrubs it can be beneficial, not only as an anti-mosquito but for other added benefits too. You can plant shrubs of mint, lemon, marigold etc to control mosquitoes. Planting citronella grass is highly effective in preventing mosquitoes from multiplying. This remedy is a little time consuming but will be effective for many years. It is one of the safest anti mosquito home remedy.
10.) Lilac Oil and Coconut Oil as an Anti Mosquito Home Remedy
Lilac oil is known to have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-protozoan properties. The strong aroma of the oil help prevent you from mosquitoes as they are not able to tolerate the smell. Coconut oil application makes the skin too slippery for mosquitoes to land on. Here is the method to use it.
- Just mix lilac oil and coconut oil in equal amount.
- Apply this mixture on your skin to prevent mosquitoes bite.
- You can use it in your vaporizer as well to keep your home mosquitoes free.