This article isWent to a trip to enjoy with friends. You had made a number of plan to enjoy each and every moment of the trip. But, only your friends could enjoy as you got hit by motion sickness. Motion sickness is a problem which hits you when you travel. This is a very uncomfortable situation that makes you feel nauseous and dizzy. It makes you restless and you want to vomit to get rid of it. It is a very common problem that can occur to anyone. But, some are more prone to it. It is usually caused when one travels by bus, train or flight. It can also hit you when you go for some rides and swings. It is a very common problem faced when gone through any of the above given situations. In this article, we are going to discuss the remedies that are used to get rid of motion sickness.
Ways to Get Rid of Motion Sickness:
Want to get rid of motion sickness? Here are the remedies that are used to get rid of motion sickness. It is not a very uncommon or harmful problem. It is common and easy to handle. Here are the remedies that you can use easily to get rid of motion sickness:
1.) Ginger to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Ginger is the first remedy to be used to treat motion sickness. It is one the most most effective remedies that give you instant relief from the sensations of motion sickness. You can use it in different ways.
You can prepare a tea. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water and an inch of grated ginger to it.
- Steep it for some time.
- Now strain the tea and drink it.
- You can also add honey to it.
You can also chew it. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take a spoon of grated spoon and some honey to it.
- Consume it whenever you have vomiting sensations.
You can also consume it by making a solution to cure motion sickness:
- Boil a glass of water.
- Add a teaspoon of ginger juice to it.
- Also add a half lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and drink
2.) Lemon to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Lemon has citric acid and vitamin C which will help you get rid of motion sickness. You can either suck on the slices of the lemon or you can have the lemon juice with a glass of water. What you can do is:
- Take a glass of lukewarm water.
- Cut a lemon into two.
- Use the half lemon.
- Squeeze it in water and stir.
- Add a pinch of salt also.
- Drink this and you get rid of motion sickness.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
With its pH balancing properties, apple cider vinegar becomes one of the best remedies to treat motion sickness. When reaches the stomach, it balances the activities in the stomach. It is a very effective remedy for many other problems as well. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a cup of warm water.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Stir it nicely and drink it.
4.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Peppermint calms the stomach muscles and thus it is good for motion sickness. You can have a cup of tea, prepared using peppermint, when going for travelling. You can also carry a peppermint candy with you. Or you can use the fumes of the mint to avoid motion sickness. What you have to do is:
- Take a clean handkerchief.
- Put some drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Now inhale the fume whenever you will dizzy.
5.) Low-Fat foods to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
In order to avoid motion sickness, it is good to go for food that has less oil in it. Your stomach can easily digest less fatty food. Moreover, spicy or oily food can prove to be a wrong choice as they are not easily digested and can cause the problem of acidity. So, when you are leaving for somewhere, it is good to go for less fatty food. Less fatty food is light, easily digestible and thus you also feel healthy.
6.) Ice to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Suck on ice cubes in order to get rid of motion sickness. Ice cubes has watery contents that treats your motion sickness well. It has cooling effects which cools down the vomiting sensations. You don’t have to do anything. Just take an ice cube and then it will handle the rest.
7.) Green Apple to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Green apple juice neutralizes the acid in the stomach. Drink it whenever you feel nauseous or dizzy. It is one of the most successful remedies for motion sickness. what you have to do is:
- Take a green apple and extract the juice.
- Now squeeze a half lemon into it and add a pinch of salt to it.
- Stir it well and drink the solution.
- You get the immediate effects.
8.) Olives to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Olives are used to generate saliva in the mouth. It prevents your mouth from becoming dry and also prevents the vomiting sensation. You just have to eat it and you are done. This remedy is not only among the most helpful remedies for motion sickness, but it is a precaution as well. Before leaving for the trip, just have a few olives. If you are hit by motion sickness while travelling then just chew a few olives and it will be cured.
9.) Mug-wort to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Mug-wort is one of the most useful remedies in order to get rid of the motion sickness. It deals with uneasiness, acidity, stomach pain and indigestion. While travelling, when you start feeling sick than put a drop of mug-wort oil on your tongue. You can also prepare tea with it:
- Take cup of water and boil.
- Put a few leaves of mug-wort.
- Steep it for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and discard the leaves.
- Enjoy the tea and your motion sickness is gone.
10.) Licorice to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Licorice has anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful in soothing the burning sensation of stomach. Use licorice to make a herbal solution and get rid of motion sickness. while you are travelling, you can chew the licorice candies. Follow the given methods to make a herbal solution:
- Take a pan and boil a glass of water in it.
- Not add dried licorice roots to it.
- Step for five minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink it.
11.) Black Horehound to Get Rid of Motion Sickness
Black horehound settles the motion sickness. It is easy to use and it works amazingly. Have ti before travelling . Follow the steps to use it:
- Take two cups of water and boil.
- Add 1 tbsp black horehound, 1 tbsp of chamomile and 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Boil it till the water reduces to half.
- Now, strain the liquid and drink it.
12.) Take Precautions to Avoid Motion sickness
It is best to take precautions in order to get rid of motion sickness. Here are some suggestions that will help you while you are travelling.
- If your are travelling by car and not driving then sit next to the driver so that you can be busy looking at way and exploring some new sites.
- While travelling in airplane, make sure that you get the window seat to avoid suffocation.
- When you are travelling by a boat then sit in the middle of the boat.