Imagine you are invited in a birthday party and in that party you see all kind of your favorite food but at that time you only prefer seeing them instead grabbing them because you are suffering from mouth ulcers. Yes, mouth ulcers these ulcers basically found at the bottom of gums in the mouth. These ulcers create pain while eating your food. They can also be found on the tongue and internal lining of the cheeks and also inside our lips. In this article, we discuss some of the home remedies to get rid of mouth ulcer.
Causes for Mouth Ulcers:
- Food allergies
- Bacterial infection
- Menstrual periods
- Tissue injury
- Dental infections
- hygiene conditions
Symptoms for Moth Ulcers:
- Burning sensation inside mouth
- Sore in our mouth
- Itching inside mouth
- Yellow bulge appearing in mouth
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcers:
1.) Ice Cubes to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Ice cubes really provide relief to your ulcer and it is easy to reduce the swelling and redness
- Take one ice cube rub it on your ulcer
- Hold it upon your ulcer and let it melt on it
- This will give you relief from pain and repeat this as many times you want
2.) Aloe-vera to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Aloe vera is one of the best natural and easy to use home remedies for healing mouth ulcers. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties that reduce sores in a few days.
- Cut and peel aloe-Vera leaves and extract gel. Apply it directly onto the sores.
- you can also take a minimum of 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to get rid of mouth ulcer
3.) Honey to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Honey has got the natural healing remedies – that is, it helps restore moisture and prevent dehydration. This ingredient also has the anti-microbial effect that ensures faster healing of the mouth ulcer.
- take one tablespoon of honey in a bowl and mix a pinch of turmeric into it
- dab cotton in it and apply this mixture directly on your sores
- leave it for sometimes rinse it off repeat this remedy twice daily to get rid of mouth ulcers.
4.) Buttermilk to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
buttermilk is one of the magical ingredients to cure mouth ulcer. it has acidic qualities which cure the swelling of mouth ulcers. it also provides relief from. buttermilk is having lactic acid which hampers the growth of bacteria and cure our mouth ulcer.
- drink buttermilk twice a day to get rid of mouth ulcer
- you can also keep it in the fridge for sometime before drinking it this will help you to get rid of burning sensation
5.) Basil Leaves to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Leaves of tulsi plant have amazing medicinal properties and one tulsi consists of adaptogen – a substance that aids the body to adapt to stress.
- Chew a few leaves of tulsi with some water about three to four times every day.
- This will help in getting rid of ulcers faster and also lessen the swelling
6.) Papaya to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Eat papaya or drink its juice to heal mouth ulcer.
- Allow the juice or pieces of papaya to linger in the mouth for some time.
- so that it could make direct contact with sores.
7.) Lemon to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Lemon has anti-bacterial properties and it has good source of vitamin c which helps skin tissue to recover
- Squeeze a lemon with the help of a lemon squeezer and Apply it on the sore with a clean finger.
- Leave it for 1-5 minutes. If needed, you may rinse it off.
- Repeat it a number of times.
- You can even directly squeeze 1-2 drops of lemon juice directly on your ulcer.
8.) Saltwater to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Salt water has been used as a natural antiseptic to treat wound and sore. Salt has natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties too that make it a perfect home remedy for mouth ulcers.
- Mix salt with water.
- Take some salt water in your mouth and swish it around in there for about 20-seconds.
- Spit it out.
- Repeat till the water in the cup finishes.
- Do this 4-5 times a day.
9.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Baking Soda for Mouth Ulcers as it comes very handy and easily available in our kitchen
And it also has anti-bacterial properties that may treat infections too.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda in half a glass of water and prepare a solution.. Take this solution in your mouth and swish it around inside your mouth.
- Repeat this process 3-5 times a day.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water.
- Apply this paste to your mouth ulcers. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
10.) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Clove oil has properties of cloves and it is good for healing mouth ulcers
- Dip cotton ball in clove oil and apply it directly on your affected areas
- Leave it for some time such as 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse it off repeat this remedy twice in a day
- Coconut oil to get rid of mouth ulcers
- Dry coconut, coconut oil, and coconut water are three products of the that are very useful in treating mouth ulcers
- avoid eating foods such as nuts, chips, salty foods, certain spices, coffee, chocolate that may cause irritation in your mouth.
- Avoid talking to anyone while chewing your food.
- Don’t use mouthwash and toothpaste that have sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Keep stress away
- Eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and increase your water intake.
- Brush your teeth daily and also before sleeping. Use soft brushes and good gentle mouthwash to prevent irritation.
- Go for food that can be easily swallowed such as soup, juices or yogurt.
- Drink cold drinks like iced tea, water. Use a straw, so that, the fluid does not touch the sores.