This article is about the ways to get rid of mucus. Mucus is a shiny substance that is thick and annoying. It is found in the respiratory system, reproductive system and digestive system. It is basically meant to protect us from inside, but sometimes becomes annoying, mainly because of changes in weather. Mucus protects us from virus, bacteria and outside elements entering the body. When the immune system gets disturbed, or one gets hit by any illness, it comes out of the body in thick and yellow, green or clear form. It is irritating and embarrassing and you want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Here are the remedies that are used to get rid of mucus.
Causes of Mucus Discharge:
- Nasal congestion
- Stuffy nose
- Throat infection
- Alien element entrance
1.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Mucus
- 1.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Mucus
- 2.) Steam to Get Rid of Mucus
- 3.) Honey and Ginger to Get Rid of Mucus
- 4.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Mucus
- 5.) Bay leaves to Get Rid of Mucus
- 6.) Lemon to Get Rid of Mucus
- 7.) Cayenne pepper to Get Rid of Mucus
- 8.) Honey to Get Rid of Mucus
- 9.) Onion to Get Rid of Mucus
- 10.) Herbal Tea to Get Rid of Mucus
- 11.) Garlic to Get Rid of Mucus
- 12.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Mucus
- 13.) Quit Smoking to Get Rid of Mucus
- 14.) Humming to Get Rid of Mucus
- 15.) Blow Your Nose to Get Rid of Mucus
Chicken soup is one of the finest remedies to be used to treat mucus. It generates heat and puts pressure on the lining tissues of the nose. Make chicken soup and treat the mucus well. There are ready to cook packaged chicken soups available in the market. You can use them as well. But, homemade is best. Add ginger and garlic to it. Drink it thrice a day.
2.) Steam to Get Rid of Mucus
Steam is among the best methods used to cure mucus. It does the same function. Just take steam daily and you get rid of the irritating mucus. The steam enters the nose and pushes the mucus to turn into thinner fluid and thus, it is eliminated soon from the body. To use the steam, follow the steps given below:
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Now keep the boiled water on the table.
- Drape a towel over your head and inhale steam.
- Do it twice a day on a daily basis.
3.) Honey and Ginger to Get Rid of Mucus
Honey and ginger, both are essential remedies that are used to treat throat related problems like cough and cold. It is great with the mucus as well. You can use it in two different ways:
- Grate some ginger.
- Take 2 tbsp of honey.
- Heat it in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Now, add 1 tsp of ginger to it.
- Have it twice a day for three days.
- You can just have the honey alone.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Repeat it several times a day.
4.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Mucus
Turmeric has anti-septic qualities that kills the bacteria of the mucus. Absorb its essentials by consuming it and you get rid of mucus. What you have to do is take a half tsp of turmeric and consume it with water. Do this thrice a day. You can also use it in two more ways:
- You can also gargle with it.
- Take some warm water and add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and a pinch of salt to it.
- Use it to gargle.
- Do it twice a day for best results.
- You can also consume it by mixing with milk.
- Take a glass of milk and boil it properly.
- Now, add 1 tsp of turmeric powder to it and mix it well.
- Now, you can have it.
- Take it twice a day, in the morning and before going to the bed.
5.) Bay leaves to Get Rid of Mucus
Bay leaves are also great at treating mucus. Prepare a solution using bay leaves, have it and your mucus is gone. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Put some bay leaves in a cup and pour water on it.
- Now cover it with a lid.
- After some time, strain the liquid and drink it.
- It will do its job.
6.) Lemon to Get Rid of Mucus
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and is antibacterial in nature and thud, is great at combating infection. You can use lemon in two different ways:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two.
- Now take a glass of lukewarm water.
- Now add half lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.
- Suck on the lemon now.
7.) Cayenne pepper to Get Rid of Mucus
Cayenne pepper consumption release mucus from your body and you get rid of it in no time. It also helps remove the pain from the chest and soothes your throat as well. Use it to make a solution along with ginger, honey and water.
- Take ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder.
- Take equal amount of ginger.
- Now, take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Add two tablespoons of water.
- Mix them well and drink the solution.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of Mucus
Honey has anti-viral and antibacterial properties that fights off the bacteria and removes the mucus as as well. It also improves the immune system and you help get rid of mucus. The simplest way is to drink it with water. Take a glass of warm water and add a tablespoon of honey to it. Drink it several times a day. Or you can also go for another method:
- Take a spoon of honey.
- Add a pinch of black pepper to it.
- It will treat the infection in the throat.
- It will also soothe mucus membrane.
9.) Onion to Get Rid of Mucus
Onion has the anti-inflammatory properties. It works on the mucus membrane and it also boosts up the immune system as well. Just prepare a natural syrup using onion and take it on a daily basis. Use the following way to make the syrups:
- Take on one onion, peel it off, and chop it finely.
- Now add two tablespoons of sugar.
- Toss it well and keep it aside.
- After some time, it will get converted into a syrup.
- Take one tbsp from this syrup on regular interval of three hours.
10.) Herbal Tea to Get Rid of Mucus
Herbal tea is among the best remedies to get rid of mucus. It not only treats it, but also stops it from coming back. Just have herbal tea twice daily. It is good to take it in the morning and in the evening. You can also add honey to taste. It treats you well and boost your immune system.
11.) Garlic to Get Rid of Mucus
You can also use garlic to treat mucus. It is rich in sulfur that help cure mucus well. What you have to do is chew a few garlic cloves before going to bed. You can also cook it with other foods as well. You can also prepare soup with it. What you have to do is:
- Boil a glass of water.
- Take a few garlic cloves and crush them well.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves to water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain it, and add salt and pepper to it.
- Consume it and you will see the difference.
12.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Mucus
Salt water can be very helpful at this point as it helps make the mucus thin thus pushes it out of the body. What you can do is:
- Take a glass of water and heat it.
- When it is lukewarm, add a pinch of salt to it.
- Now use it to gargle.
- Do it twice a day and you will see the difference.
13.) Quit Smoking to Get Rid of Mucus
Smoking is one of the main reasons of mucus formation in the body. Thus, it is advised to stay away from cigarette. Smoking directly affects your respiratory system by introducing irritants to your body. It leads to the formation of mucus.
14.) Humming to Get Rid of Mucus
Yes, you can also hum to avoid mucus. It is one of the best ways of getting rid of mucus if you do not have any remedy around. What you have to do is just hum. Start humming a song when you want to treat a mucus. Hum for 15 minutes and it is gone.
15.) Blow Your Nose to Get Rid of Mucus
This is one of the primitive and finest remedies to treat mucus. You just have to blow your nose on a regular basis. This will help cure the problem instantly and will give you relief from the same. So, always keep a pack of tissue with you for the purpose: