Roaches are hard to control once they enter in our homes. It is not simple to keep out of trouble when you are stuck with the problem of roaches. Sometimes, the situation may even get worse when someone noticed them roaming around your home. You can even feel timid if you have the fear of roaches. Well, instead of living with such a disgusting situation, it is better to get rid of roaches naturally.
It is easy to prevent those dangerous pests from entering our home as there are several natural ways to treat this problem. But before we move on to the further discussions about this problem, first we need to understand several facts about roaches.
Facts About the Roaches:
Roaches are also known as Blattaria. They are the most common pest we find at our homes. They are the irresistible pest as they are large in numbers and can affect our surroundings adversely. There are many facts related to them which are really fascinating.
1.) A cockroach can live for a week without the head because of the open circulatory system. It breathes through the pores present on the body segments. They die only because of the thirst as they are unable to drink water.
2.) It is said that the roaches existed in the Carboniferous era on this earth about 280 million years ago.
3.) They are cold-blooded insects which can hold their breath for about 40 minutes. They can survive even without their head.
4.) They can live without food for one month, but they cannot survive more than 1 week without water.
5.) There are 4600 species of roaches found on earth.
6.) The newborn German roach can grow faster than any other species. They can become an adult in just 36 days.
7.) The world’s largest roach was a native of South Africa that was approximately six inches in size.
8.) The one year old baby roach which is same as the size of the fragment of the dust can walk as faster as their parents.
9.) The roaches may run up to three miles per hour.
10.) The American roaches are most fascinated about alcoholic beverages especially beer. They are most attracted towards the smell of alcoholic beverages mixed with hops and sugar.
Different Types of Roaches:
1.) German Roaches:
- These species are commonly found around us.
- They are 13-16mm long in the length.
- Their body is pale brown in color.
- They consist of two dark brown stripes at the back of their head.
- They can live for 12 months.
- Their reproductive system is stronger than any other species.
- They produce more eggs than any other species.
2.) Brown-banded Roaches:
- It is easy to recognize them on the basis of their gender characteristics.
- They are from the family of Blattellidae.
- The females have the wings of reddish-brown and dark brown in color.
- The color of the wings in males is dark brown, that fades till it goes to the tip of the wing.
- Both of these genders include a yellow color of the band on the surface of their bodies.
- They have their lifespan of 3-11 months.
- They have a size of 13mm.
3.) Oriental Roaches:
- Their body color is shiny black and dark brown.
- The females can only grow up to the size of 32mm while males can raise up to 25mm.
- They have the incapability to fly.
- They can live till 6 months only.
4.) American Roaches:
- They are from the kingdom of Animalia.
- They are oval in the shape.
- They have six legs and one antenna.
- They crawl all around the dirt and contaminate our homes through the bacteria present on their bodies.
- They contaminate the food by spreading the bacteria on it.
- They may enter your homes through the drainage system and pipes.
- They mostly prefer to live in warm, humid and dark places.
- They are 2 inches long in size.
Different Ways to Get Rid of Roaches Naturally:
There are several ways to get rid of roaches naturally.
1.) Use Bay Leaves:
- We use bay leaves when we cook food, but it may even be used to get rid of roaches naturally.
- It has nice fragrance which can remove the roaches from our homes.
- If you will crush these leaves, they will produce the powerful fragrance which is used to remove the roaches from our homes.
- The better quality of leaves you will use, the better result it will provide you.
2.) Get Rid of Roaches Naturally with Sugar and Baking Soda Solution:
- Add sugar and baking soda in equal amount.
- Prepare a mixture of them.
- Put this mixture where roaches move very often.
- They will be attracted towards the smell of sugar and will consume it.
- The presence of baking soda in the mixture helps to get rid of roaches naturally, as it reacts with the acids present in the stomach of the roaches.
3.) Use Mixture of Pinesol and Bleach Mix:
- Add 2 cups of Pinesol and bleach in hot water and mix it.
- Pour it on the places where the roaches occur at the frequent intervals.
- This mixture consists of strong smell which is an effective way to get rid of roaches naturally.
- It acts as a poison for the roaches.
- Sprinkle it in the areas where they usually hide.
- Once you will sprinkle it on them, they will try to go back to their nest.
- It is the best way to contaminate all of them.
- All will get infected once they will come in the contact of the infected roach.
5.) Get Rid of Roaches Naturally with Listerine:
- It acts as a hindrance for the roaches.
- Prepare it with water and add two drops of dish washing solution.
- Spray it directly on them.
- It will create the best escape route for the roaches and they will never try to come again in your home.
6.) Get Rid of Roaches Naturally with Cayenne Pepper:
- It is one of the natural repellents for the roaches.
- It contains the strong smell due to contents present inside it.
- Take one tablespoon of cayenne pepper and mix it with garlic clove and onion.
- Crush the garlic clove before mixing.
- Boil a quart of water.
- After boiling it wait till it chills off completely.
- Prepare a mixture and spray it on the roaches-infested area.
7.) Use Catnip:
- It has an active ingredient present in it which is known as Nepetalactone.
- This content works as a natural repellent for the roaches.
- The best part about it is that it cannot harm the health of human beings and animals.
- It is the top most remedy to control pest.
- It is used to get rid of roaches naturally.
8.) Coffee Grounds:
- It acts as a great repellent for the roaches.
- Put it in the different parts of the house where roaches occur generally.
- This will prevent the roaches entering your home.
- They will be hugely affected by the smell of the coffee grounds.
9.) Oil Spray:
- According to the research by the scientists, it is proven that mint oil can act as a repellent for the roaches.
- Add 20 drops of mint oil like peppermint or cypress the soapy solution or salt.
- Mix this solution well and apply it in the roaches-infested areas to get rid of roaches naturally.
10.) Garlic One of the Effective Home Remedies for Roaches:
Roaches cannot bear the smell of garlic, therefore it is one of the best home remedies for roaches. You may even use garlic powder to repel the roaches from your home.
There are plenty of ways to get rid of roaches naturally. You just need to follow them with adequate efforts and ultimately you will enjoy the harmony at your home without any unwanted roaches. Now you don’t need to face those hesitant situations anymore because it is easy to get rid of roaches naturally.